Career Mode in Cricket 22 (Discuss your career here)

Sparks

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
So just got the call up to the England Test team now, brought in halfway through a series against India. This is great as I thought England were 2-1 down and wanted to try something different...me!
Unfortunately that's where the enjoyment finishes. It's 2025 and both teams have exact same lineup as they do today in real life. I have a 43 year old Jimmy Anderson still opening the bowling and burns and Hammed opening the batting, it meant that in my first 4 innings I was in batting at like 40-4 as I guess all there stats have gone down and are just rubbish now but somehow Root still picks them.
My question is C19 was good with Dynamic lineups is this not in C22? Do players not retire in C22? Will all the international teams I face have today's lineup weather they have a zimmer frame or not?
This career mode could be soooo good if they just make it like C19 with the extras, I swear if we don't see a career mode update today I will consider retiring myself. Please for the love of cricket SORT career mode out.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
So just got the call up to the England Test team now, brought in halfway through a series against India. This is great as I thought England were 2-1 down and wanted to try something different...me!
Unfortunately that's where the enjoyment finishes. It's 2025 and both teams have exact same lineup as they do today in real life. I have a 43 year old Jimmy Anderson still opening the bowling and burns and Hammed opening the batting, it meant that in my first 4 innings I was in batting at like 40-4 as I guess all there stats have gone down and are just rubbish now but somehow Root still picks them.
My question is C19 was good with Dynamic lineups is this not in C22? Do players not retire in C22? Will all the international teams I face have today's lineup weather they have a zimmer frame or not?
This career mode could be soooo good if they just make it like C19 with the extras, I swear if we don't see a career mode update today I will consider retiring myself. Please for the love of cricket SORT career mode out.
I’m on the year 2033 and Pat Cummins is still captain he’s the only one left but it’s bizarre to still see him. England have a totally new team which is good
Post automatically merged:

Anyone know how many years or what age you can get to in career mode ?

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I’m on the year 2033 and Pat Cummins is still captain he’s the only one left but it’s bizarre to still see him. England have a totally new team which is good
Post automatically merged:

Anyone know how many years or what age you can get to in career mode ?
I know in Cricket 19 retirement for you player in career mode was 36/37. So I'm guessing its about the same for C22.

disco123

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
When you become captain you get to pick the side which is a way round this issue eventually , however you then get to pick from “form” players , I wish you could pick from all available England players or whatever team you represent from academy would help get more realistic line ups , I also set selection to easiest once in national side just so I could get to captain asap :)

MatrixNeo14

Club Captain
Profile Flag
South Africa
It looks as though the correct uniforms are being used during cut scenes now. Every time you sign up for a team or do a press conference you are wearing the correct team's uniform and you get introduced to the correct squad as well. Only thing I picked up is that sometimes I would still sit in the change room between games wearing my County FC kit, even though I haven't signed up for the current FC season. Other than that, it seems to be sorted. Press conferences... I had one earlier today in which I only had to answer 2 questions and it didn't seem to be the usual irrelevant mess. But after winning the IPL I had another press conference and I only had to answer one question, something about are we disappointed we lost. So yeah, the press conferences are still a bit of a mess, but at least the uniforms are just about sorted.

Sparks

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
It looks as though the correct uniforms are being used during cut scenes now. Every time you sign up for a team or do a press conference you are wearing the correct team's uniform and you get introduced to the correct squad as well. Only thing I picked up is that sometimes I would still sit in the change room between games wearing my County FC kit, even though I haven't signed up for the current FC season. Other than that, it seems to be sorted. Press conferences... I had one earlier today in which I only had to answer 2 questions and it didn't seem to be the usual irrelevant mess. But after winning the IPL I had another press conference and I only had to answer one question, something about are we disappointed we lost. So yeah, the press conferences are still a bit of a mess, but at least the uniforms are just about sorted.
Yeah step in the right direction for sure, Matt said some things have been corrected but weren't mentioned in patch notes. I still only have had one press so not sure that's properly activated in my game. Good to hear you got an IPL contract some users say they never got selected.
One grip tho in mine I'm now part of the England Ashes team it's 2024 and both sides have exactly the same lineups as this year. Most of the batters crumbled for real low scores and you've got Jimmy still steaming in with his zimmer frame! Guess I can't sort it till I'm captain but that still wouldn't change the oppositions lineups. I also played NZ and they have the same team as today even Ross Taylor

MatrixNeo14

Club Captain
Profile Flag
South Africa
Yeah step in the right direction for sure, Matt said some things have been corrected but weren't mentioned in patch notes. I still only have had one press so not sure that's properly activated in my game. Good to hear you got an IPL contract some users say they never got selected.
One grip tho in mine I'm now part of the England Ashes team it's 2024 and both sides have exactly the same lineups as this year. Most of the batters crumbled for real low scores and you've got Jimmy still steaming in with his zimmer frame! Guess I can't sort it till I'm captain but that still wouldn't change the oppositions lineups. I also played NZ and they have the same team as today even Ross Taylor
I remember some of the users mentioned not being selected for IPL and I was getting worried that my career was going the same way. So, this was my first IPL and I think my career is in 2026 at the moment. Mid way through the IPL I was drafted for The Hundred as well. Pretty sure it isn't triggered by current form, because my IPL performances weren't great.

And on your 2024 squads... Ross and Jimmy are probably bloody tired by now. Hahaha. I usually take my first career playthrough as test run. Setting up the teams the way I want them, creating and downloading players from the era when I was growing up and changing their birthdates so by the time I get pulled up from playing club cricket I have a nice mix of current players and some of the legends from the 1990s and onwards. Until now with the patches fixing and breaking some features I haven't been in a rush to get things set up for a new career, but hopefully we'll have some more of the career mode sorted then I'll jump into a new career.

Syed Bukhari87

Club Captain
I had a SLA guy in my career team named Zohar ul Haq , he is a monster wicket taking spinner , not much big turner of the ball but deadly accurate and got an awesome arm ball , all other club teams respect him as he was some Warne or Murali. Really loving the dude. He is the only bowler in my team who I feel bowls with a plan , most of the time he is just outside off stump and turn it away and mix it up with an arm bowl for LBW chance , but sometimes he invite the batsmen by bowling a loopy flighty delivery well outside off stump and sometimes he just fires on off stump and sometimes very wide of off stump. Other teams find it almost impossible to negotiate as he almost never bowl a single loose delivery.

Then there is a guy named Gomes in my career team who was 36ovr all fast medium bowler , didn't play the whole season , next season when i was captain I decided to give him a shot since he is very young (20 year old) and due to usual bug in career mode AI players his attributes shoot up from 36ovr to 62 in just one game , he is also bowling around 135-140 mark , with a beautiful outswinger and a yorker. He bowls with James Anderson bowling style and swing it like him too and decently accurate as well.

Last edited:

MuchMore

International Coach
Profile Flag
Fiji
Not to diss on BA, but is the career mode now ready or are there features still being added as we speak?
The reason I ask is because I have been delaying the start of career until after the mode is ready with all the bells and whistles that were advertised before the game's release. Would you guys recommend starting now or wait a little longer? Mrs is going to be away for a couple of weeks and I suppose now is as good a time as there is going to be.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Not to diss on BA, but is the career mode now ready or are there features still being added as we speak?
The reason I ask is because I have been delaying the start of career until after the mode is ready with all the bells and whistles that were advertised before the game's release. Would you guys recommend starting now or wait a little longer? Mrs is going to be away for a couple of weeks and I suppose now is as good a time as there is going to be.
I'm enjoying it thus far. Not sure what the expectations are for yourself but think of it as a more refined mode compared to C19. One benefit I like is that your player won't be locked into one team (state team I'm not sure about), I have been offered contracts by different teams every season.

Wahldo

Club Captain
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I'm enjoying it thus far. Not sure what the expectations are for yourself but think of it as a more refined mode compared to C19. One benefit I like is that your player won't be locked into one team (state team I'm not sure about), I have been offered contracts by different teams every season.
Would that mean that my player who is contracted to the South African Lions for provincial comp will able to sign for other provincial sides the next season?

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Would that mean that my player who is contracted to the South African Lions for provincial comp will able to sign for other provincial sides the next season?
I think state side stays the same, at least it has in my career save thus far, but all other comps I've been offered different contracts each year.

Users who are viewing this thread