Commonwealth Bank Series

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
YESSSSSSS! we won. Collingwood your class! we can win the world cup now and i'm not overreacting.Without our captain,best batsmen and 2 main ODI bowlers we still beat the number 1 side in the world who were only missing 1 player. those are facts! I'm sad to say we won't be playing Broad but it was worth it. ENGERLAND ENGERLAND!! I'm so glad I got the day off for snow!

langerrox

International Coach
well played england, got outclassed and that collapse cost us the game :(

Sureshot

Executive member
MUFC1987 said:
See, now a couple of weeks ago I was told that English Cricket was in Crisis. I said that we were 4 wins away from winning the competition. Well guess what, we're 3/4 of the way there.

Paul Collingwood was superb today.

In Collys hundred he ran 60 singles (not including the two's obviously), from crease to crease it's about 20 yards isn't it? He ran well over 1 kilometre in singles alone in that knock.

Great knock, fantastic partnership with Bell too who also played really well imo, can't be too disappointed with his dismissal as it was a fantastic yorker from Lee. Well done England, fantastic fighting spirit.

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Leicester Fox said:
YESSSSSSS! we won. Collingwood your class! we can win the world cup now and i'm not overreacting.Without our captain,best batsmen and 2 main ODI bowlers we still beat the number 1 side in the world who were only missing 1 player. those are facts! I'm sad to say we won't be playing Broad but it was worth it. ENGERLAND ENGERLAND!! I'm so glad I got the day off for snow!

Dont predict so eraly , 2 games r still left .

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
I didn't say we'd win this tournament i just said we can win the world cup. not we will but we can

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Leicester Fox said:
I didn't say we'd win this tournament i just said we can win the world cup. not we will but we can

yea, I undertsnd ur language , thats y i wrote dont take anything for granted ,

WC is a big stage . :cheers

Sureshot

Executive member
MUFC1987 said:
Just on the bigger ground bit, I'd say that suits us, as players like Collingwood are a lot better at finding gaps in the field than they are at finding the boundaries.

You're some kind of super psychic.

angryangy said:
You know, this requires a record chase to win at the MCG.

When was the last time England set a record chase on any ground?

Mars Maximus

International Coach
Well what I see in this series so far is kinda like what happened to Germany in world war 2 :rolleyes: . The start of the CBA series for Australia was like 1939-41 was for Germany, "Good times" :happy and then later on when Australia was strugling and almost lost to NZ was like 1942 :mad: , then the loss to England was like 1943 :eek: , and tonight like 1944 :noway . Will the last final loss be Australias equivalent to Germanys 1945 war loss? :crying

lol

Of course just an observation on my part in the comparisons, that's all :)

Last edited:

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
And you are lead by a short evil dictator who no-one likes. tbh i don't think thats the most appropriate comparison though

wolf

International Cricketer
Am I dreaming? I had given up on this series about a month ago. England have shown some guts to get bring themselves back into this series, and now they are just one win away from winning the trophy. Collingwood, doubts were surfacing about his place in the team, but he has shown them.

Last edited:

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
Collingwood has character something which our team lacked but he's brought it back into it

brad352

Executive member
Well that was unexpected, well played- guess I would've lost the house I was prepared to put on us winning. At least CA will be happy, they get to sell out a third final now

prarara

International Cricketer
Hooray England won! I see Collingwood played out of his skin for this. Hopefully, they can now make a one day comeback!

wolf

International Cricketer
brad352 said:
At least CA will be happy, they get to sell out a third final now

Dangerous overconfidence, you know there won't be a 3rd match if England win the next match. ;)

brad352

Executive member
wolf said:
Dangerous overconfidence, you know there won't be a 3rd match if England win the next match. ;)
I'm well aware, don't see it being an issue
icon12.gif

Although I'll keep the house in my name this time

Users who are viewing this thread