cricket 2005 up coming cricket game

aman

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
above mentioned features are expected to be present in the cricket2005 also but with only difference is the bugs.
and i forgot to infor you that may be due to this much graphical enhancement and all the game size can just get doubled meaning abt 1.4-1.8GB of HardDisk with all High Requirements.This can become a big drawback for low quality systems.

aman

School Cricketer
Sorry No links cause its not present anywhere on the net
also it was provided by 1 of my buddy (whose name i cant give ) and is involved in the developement
He has given me the details but these features are yet not finalised by the swordfish studious.Developement is in progress and any alteration or addition is still possible.
but lets hope for the best.
Just another 8 months or so.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
aman said:
above mentioned features are expected to be present in the cricket2005 also but with only difference is the bugs.
and i forgot to infor you that may be due to this much graphical enhancement and all the game size can just get doubled meaning abt 1.4-1.8GB of HardDisk with all High Requirements.This can become a big drawback for low quality systems.

Yeah. Whatever.

SteveG

Club Cricketer
sachinisgod said:
every one hates this game but still all of them make patches and stuff for it... of course to better it and still they hate it... funny!!!

n e way both the forthcoming releases are good news...perhaps competition will make them both a treat.

otherwise again these guyz here will better them and then hate them and await the next version...

poor fellas...

Sorry Sachin, but I think you miss the whole point...Cricket 2004 is so bug-ridden that to play it without modification is horrendous. The talented people at this site have tried to make a sub-standard game even remotely playable and have nearly succeeded.

But, if there was an alternative Cricket game on the market, these guys would be playing it instead of creating mods for a ****-poor EASPORTS effort.

Lets hope that Codemasters learn from EA's mistakes.

brad352

Executive member
SteveG said:
Sorry Sachin, but I think you miss the whole point...Cricket 2004 is so bug-ridden that to play it without modification is horrendous. The talented people at this site have tried to make a sub-standard game even remotely playable and have nearly succeeded.

But, if there was an alternative Cricket game on the market, these guys would be playing it instead of creating mods for a ****-poor EASPORTS effort.

Yeah, if we want to play a cricket game we don't have much choice- personally I don't play still though, the game's just not good enough :mad:

h-mAin

Club Cricketer
SPeak for urself..I love the game witout any patches..but I haven't tried with patches..

JANER

Club Cricketer
SteveG said:

Well said :clap

h-mAin

Club Cricketer
But I agree with sachin ;) I love the game...I love cricket..and this is the most realistic cricket game..even it has some bugs!

sachinisgod

International Cricketer
may be i miss the whole point but may be i don't... i think we all get excited about the new things to that are about to happen and when they do happen we start getting disgusted with the bugs that keep on cropping up...many of us will find bugs in these up coming releases and the brilliant ones will again start solving them so at that time will these new games become horrendous too??

the point i am trying to make is that i have been successful in not allowing the bugs to put me off from the game...agreed BLC was easier to play and perhaps had lesser bugs and also there was that great feature of playing those classic games...but then EA has introduced these county matches, test tours and all and thanks to the efforts of so many people here this game has become quite good too...

rahulk666

International Cricketer
sachinisgod said:
EA has introduced these county matches, test tours and all and thanks to the efforts of so many people here this game has become quite good too...

We have to understand that EA has obtained licenses only from Aus, Eng, SA and NZ boards. To include more domestic teams and tournaments, EA or codemasters will need the licenses from respective boards or ICC. Its a legal issue here. Lets hope all cricketing bodies help the Game developers to make a truly spectacular game.

On a different note, One thing the game developers MUST do is to spare some time before game release date to play the games and detect/repair bugs. The bugs in cricket2004 are just unacceptable, considering that a respected company like EA is releasing it.

espnstar

School Cricketer
when cricket 2002 was released people played it for about 4 months. when ea announced that they are releasing another cricket game people were exited. and was thinking that cricket 2004 will have more features more domestic stuff then cricket 2002. when every one got cricket 2004 and played it for 4 months then every one got bored of playing the game again and again what is wrong with you guys . now code masters are releasing brian lara every one is getting exitd for get about it just get stuk with cricket 2004.

the twin

Club Cricketer
What I like is that swordfish studios or whatever their called are talking to us about what we want from a cricket game.

EA usually seem to talk as little as a dead fish

SteveG

Club Cricketer
I think we all agree that, as cricket is only played in a small number of countries, there is not the time or money put into developing it into a video game as there is with sports such as American Football, Soccer, Basketball, etc.

I also believe in 'each to his own'. If you think Cricket 2004 is a good game then I am certainly happy that you like it. I wish I could enjoy it like you.

Personally, I play it occasionally to test out a new mod when it is released, but mainly play SW99 or ICC2002 (which is the best of Cricket management sims).

It is not acceptable by any production house to release software as bug-ridden as Cricket 2004. If it had even the most basic of play-testing the bugs would have been found. It smacks of a greedy company rushing it out to capitalise on the up-coming cricket season. But, one look at Rugby 2004 proves that HB Studios are not capable of producing a quality video game.

I hope EASports finds a better company to produce their next cricket game.

Users who are viewing this thread