cricket 2005 up coming cricket game

espnstar

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
steveg you are absloutely wrong. then why in the hell american's put alot effort making baseball games even dough it is not played in many different countries but still they make a whole alot of money out of it.....

faraz haider

International Cricketer
ya u right espn .well i think asian teams dont like it much but some countries like it.i think problem america got is to pull up everything on world which she got

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
espnstar said:
steveg you are absloutely wrong. then why in the hell american's put alot effort making baseball games even dough it is not played in many different countries but still they make a whole alot of money out of it.....

For the very obvious reason that America is a huge market for selling game whereas piracy (and lower GDP p/c) means that they're never going to make as much money selling in markets like the Indian one.

espnstar

School Cricketer
as far as i am concern cricket is a number one sport in aussie,s.......... cricket 2002 was the best selling cricket game in australia....... and also cricket is famous in england too...... some people think that they dont put alot of effort into cricket games because there is not enough people to buy the game..... why is that .cricket is famouse around the world......... even in american some people like me welling to buy cricket games online........ no matter what people say i think they make alot of money out of cricket games.

h-mAin

Club Cricketer
Hm.....Many people in America enjoy baseball, and buy the games, btw yes u r right there are many cricket fans, but like all the other ea games commercial comes on tvs in many many countries, but the cricket game comemrcial, I have never seen it, in Norway I don't think many people know it's a cricket game, and its almost impossible buying it here..!! So If they advertised as much as they do for nhl 2005 f.ex..they would have sell more I think!!

h-mAin

Club Cricketer
And btw...some people might know about the game, but they don't know how it is...like in commercial they see and ask people and search on the net..but that info is not as much avaliable as the other games....!... sorry forgot to edit the last post!

espnstar

School Cricketer
will if american people are interested in baseball then british and aus people are interested too........ and people like us who are really and really intersted into the games of cricket...... if they dont make alot of money why they keep making cricket games........ they should stop if they are not making enough money

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
h-mAin said:
Hm.....Many people in America enjoy baseball, and buy the games, btw yes u r right there are many cricket fans, but like all the other ea games commercial comes on tvs in many many countries, but the cricket game comemrcial, I have never seen it, in Norway I don't think many people know it's a cricket game, and its almost impossible buying it here..!! So If they advertised as much as they do for nhl 2005 f.ex..they would have sell more I think!!

good point but how much cricket gets played n norway lol :D

h-mAin

Club Cricketer
Hm...there are 2 divisions one containing 7 teams and the other containing 8 teams, the norwegian cricket team is not so very bad in the "b" division.
And the youth teams are under construction, and there are thousands of pakistanis and indians here, so like there are thousands of people in Norway that like cricket, so there are not many teams, but in the spare time, if you go to a place and there are like 4-5 pakistani families, you will definatley see in the summer that they are playing cricket. So there are thousands of people here enjoying and playing on tv and with their friends, I know it is not as many as in Uk and Australia and all that, but still, and don't think of only Norway, there are many other teams in the world playing cricket, and many people doesn't know about the game, but I bet millions of people In Pakistan/India/Sri Lanka/Bangladesh like cricket and have the game, but they are so cheap there, so the profit is maybe not so big, so therefore they might think....f.ex:
If we use 100mill$ do make the cricket game, and the profit is only 65million$, why making games? because they wan't money more that people liking it I think.
Btw..the game is great, it contains many cool thing, many teams, you can play diferent match types, you can tour a country, play cups and world cup and series, but it's just bugs in the game, so they could have spend a little extra money to check the game before they realesed it :(

Wow, this is my largest post ever here :D

Users who are viewing this thread