Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Though a small thing but significant I asked Ross about Thermal Imaging here is your answer from Him, We incorrectly believed that the thermal imaging was not going to be used in the Ashes test series, this is being corrected and it will be introduced.

This is something else that’s wasted and a thing with the whole DRS.. thermal imagining is pointless as its so so obvious when there is an edge. Your never wondering what if.. or punching the air when you see a little hotspot.

Just a lack of imagination in that area.. make some edges inaudible. I know people would then say it’s a glitch but be creative…

Ken Tremendous

County Cricketer
This is something else that’s wasted and a thing with the whole DRS.. thermal imagining is pointless as its so so obvious when there is an edge. Your never wondering what if.. or punching the air when you see a little hotspot.

Just a lack of imagination in that area.. make some edges inaudible. I know people would then say it’s a glitch but be creative…
Yep, its another "nice to have" but actually pointless feature as inaudible edges dont exist in the game, as you say.

I wish BA would focus on the core gameplay issues we all know about and point out.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
@WealeyH I think every game being the same depending on slider Is a huge issue I wanted to do more testing with low striker timing and low run rate with difficulty hardest/veteran but as I'm sure with these settings one game I got was AI 144 all out and the second game AI 255-5 same pitch and settings which is pretty good result variation but part of me is thinking maybe I messed up the settings pre match for game 1... Anyhow was C19 like this? As in the same results depending on sliders?

@zimrahil wait mattw owns the site?

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
For me, my main frustrations during my first Test were (When batting) the slowness of the non-striker setting off and (When bowling) the consistency of the opposition scoring a boundary off the fifth ball of the over, sometimes sixth, though that’s not to say that I didn’t bowl some maidens and may be influenced by what I’ve read.

I did get caught behinds/slip catches/edges through slip but can understand the frustration regarding the lack of them. One thing I can’t agree with though is the AI bowling a leg-side dominated line. Even left-arm seamers are often angling the ball across my right handed batsmen. It certainly hasn’t been a case of leg-side glance all the time like was possible in previous games. The field placings generally seem good but there tended to be a phase where the field did invite leg-side shots and obviously in this game we’re back to being able to step way outside off. I’m scoring runs on the off side better, including a square drive that was all that is good about these games, even if maybe the ball didn’t go in specific areas that many are saying that it isn’t.

There was a collapse that because of one incredibly poor shot I could start taking about scripting but batsmen do strange things as wickets fall and it’s only one Test that I’ve played.

I’m on Medium/Pro on PS4 (No adjustments to any sliders or anything) and only really got myself out but that’s part of the game. Need to leave the ball even if the bowling didn’t feel threatening.

Still love that moment when the catching circle comes up and many other things about this game but appreciate that elements of gameplay need enhancing. Kind of like England though, I think that Big Ant have focused on white-ball cricket and the longer format has suffered!

ravenswood7

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned

yes i get where you are coming from but at the end of the day its only game for goodness sake. I get people are fed up with all the bugs glitches etc and yes it should have never been released in the state it was in but crikey people got to moan and be negative about so many things

shery_rsa

Club Captain
Biggest let down in all big ant cricket games that you can't find any difference between joe root and Maxwell when you ball against them, even you cant feel difference between adil rashid and zampa ,just animation nothing else

MARK99ZA

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Just in terms of visual pitch wear (can't comment on the other stuff).

I've got another one coming for a dusty pitch, but I'm still only on day 3 and the changes aren't as pronounced tbh.

If those visual changes have any quantifiable effect on actual game play remains to be seen. I'd say I've visually felt like pitches have done a bit more later in games, but I certainly don't have any actual data to back it up right now.
@Rumple43 I had a look at the excel file last week. Nice work BTW to you and @WealeyH .
Question... Do you make changes to the sliders on each day of a FC/test like C19 ie still no pitch deterioration engine in the game?

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@WealeyH I think every game being the same depending on slider Is a huge issue I wanted to do more testing with low striker timing and low run rate with difficulty hardest/veteran but as I'm sure with these settings one game I got was AI 144 all out and the second game AI 255-5 same pitch and settings which is pretty good result variation but part of me is thinking maybe I messed up the settings pre match for game 1... Anyhow was C19 like this? As in the same results depending on sliders?

@zimrahil wait mattw owns the site?
Well only as part of collective since 2009 and then flying solo since 2015….:p

Wealey

ICC Board Member
@Rumple43 I had a look at the excel file last week. Nice work BTW to you and @WealeyH .
Question... Do you make changes to the sliders on each day of a FC/test like C19 ie still no pitch deterioration engine in the game?

Not at the moment.. but it’s looking like you probably should.. annoyingly..

I’m hopeful pitches will still be looked at
Post automatically merged:

yes i get where you are coming from but at the end of the day its only game for goodness sake. I get people are fed up with all the bugs glitches etc and yes it should have never been released in the state it was in but crikey people got to moan and be negative about so many things

I agree… and it’s playable.. BUT the frustration comes from 3 games with the same issues and no progression. So the negativity is genuine.. it’s hard to be massively positive or not point out the obvious when the gameplay is potentially worse/same as the game that came out 2 years prior…

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Not at present, but purely because I'm/we're still not 100% on if slider changes implemented during a game have an effect. Another little quirk to the game!

In my update this morning in the main slider thread, I outlined that BA making sure these changes are implemented will further inform future work based on pitch wear. If we need to do 5 days of sliders to show incremental change, so be it, and we'll just built it into future versions of the slider spreadsheet for those who want it.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Not at present, but purely because I'm/we're still not 100% on if slider changes implemented during a game have an effect. Another little quirk to the game!
Thought I read somewhere if you make changes during a game you had to exit and reload game for changes to take effect? :spy

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Can someone confirm if they can edit the home side lineup in any competition or tours after the latest patch? It is not working for me at the moment and I am on ps4.

Why they introduce new bugs with each patch? This is really annoying

Users who are viewing this thread