Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Umm... Go sit on a banana?
I don't mind the complaining. Its just the crap attitude that comes along with it every post. We get, you aren't happy with the game. Don't need emphasise that every post. That's all I'll say.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
OK.

Are the barmy army still in the game or not? Anyone heard them recently?
Yeah they're still there. They started singing after I went out for a duck in career mode the other night (ashes series), pricks :neutral:

kashan123999

has said thanks for this post
Anyone tried reducing the fielding skills, Perks and proficiencies for Wicket keepers to avoid ridiculous catching?

I have reduced Diving and reflex catching to just 2 notches, and kept all wicket keeper improvement perks to level 1 (i.e. all fielding perks which boosts wicket keeper's stats are active but all are set to level-1).

Also on profiencies, i have made sure to keep the wicket keeper position no.1 at 5 stars for all wicket keepers.

My thinking was that by reducing the absolute skill level in diving and reflex catching, we would stop seeing super human and weird catching behavior. Meanwhile, WK related perks and profiencies would ensure that I don't get dumb/clueless Wicket keeping A.I, so as to achieve a balance.

Currently started playing NZ vs WI. Will keep you guys posted

Unfortunately don't have much of an update at that since i realized the test match i'm.playing doesn't have any many spinners (0 for my team 1 For WI) and i got out cheaply for 58 :p due to my own dumbness. Started my second innings let's see how it goes and i'll know if WI is fixed

Additionally, i realized that BigAnt hasn't really changed the front foot plan mechanism from DBC 14, or am i mistaken?

It would have been great if the Foot Plant stick actually dictated the "direction" of foot plant and also had specific foot plant animations to go with it by pushing left stick in different directions

Right now i cannot seem find any change to animations when i say try to plant foot way outside off or leg or take forward stride while playing shot.

That being said, Suppose the bowl is bowled outside off and i push left stick to left (leg side) and try to play straight or off (right stick at 1'o clock), it does cause play and miss.

This makes me think that there is definitely some foot plant mechanism hidden somewhere but it is 1. Not properly implemented since this only happens when i enter an exaggeratedly wrong input for Foot plant and 2. Not accompanied by relevant animations.

TLDR: Foot Plant stick & accompanied mechanism is kinda lacklustre & broken with a lot of potential, including an actual foot plant animation triggering when batter plants foot to left vs right vs straight

imported_beatle

Club Captain
All bouncers are being called wides again and this had previously been resolved.Also the AI scoring one four an over as resurfaced and this awful edge that flies over the wicketkeeper and slips happens way too often.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
All bouncers are being called wides again and this had previously been resolved.Also the AI scoring one four an over as resurfaced and this awful edge that flies over the wicketkeeper and slips happens way too often.

Is this in career because they definitely don’t score a 4 an over elsewhere… infact they only scored 2 boundaries in 14 overs against me yesterday.

Ken Tremendous

County Cricketer
Well, that was a somewhat disappointing half an hour. Sometimes you go to test stuff and instead of giving you what you hoped for, you get the opposite.

I tried the various settings that have been suggested on here in recent days to nerf spin.

I unequivocally failed. Emphatically so.

I've turned flight right down to 12. Revs are 17, which is also low.

I've got AI striker timing on 45, which I'll admit is on the lower side, and wicket chance on 34, which is really isn't bad. I'd say 60 timing and 30 chance are probably for good batting conditions. AI is also on legend.

Pitch friction is the only other one I've seen mentioned. I'm loathed to touch it as I don't want to mess with what seamers can do, so that's on 50.

Lord's, green deck, late day 1 into early 2 pitch with no cracks, slow wear. I wanted to bowl 25 overs of spin at the AI to see what happened. No reskilling.

It just can't help itself.

Idk, I got nothing.

The input thing I get, but after putting spin difficulty to 80, and the windows for bowling input (as you can see from the video) to literally a sliver, plus playing on remote play with lag where I don't think I hit anything better than "good" for any wicket, spin is still unstoppable.

Take out all close fielders (though I'm sure the wicket keeper will still vault out from behind the stumps and snag a few before they bounce) and just don't use the spinners on any surface with grass on?

Small sample size, but if I can make that happen, first time, then IDK.

I'm going off to put my head in Excel for a bit.
Its this that has killed the game for me mate too - in any conditions, with any settings, i can just rip through the AI with spin for under 100, pretty much at will.

How can you play a cricket game where you would literally have to stop yourself bowling spin to give the AI a chance?

Unless BA sort this, this game, as good as it is in many ways, is dead to me.

Hoping for a miracle.

davidgirt

School Cricketer
I havent played the game for a few weeks.... it was frustrating.... please tell the pace bowlers now take wickets (seemed impossible before) - the only way to take wickets in test matches was through spin. Off the boot. Off the pad. It was too easy. Is this something that can be sorted in the settings? Or is this a BigAnt thing - if so, why do you think they havent fixed it?

Users who are viewing this thread