Cricket 24 - General Discussion

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
It’s a Microsoft thing I would assume, the new Motorsport game is at the same price.

Not sure where you’re seeing the 1000 difference, EASFC 24 (what a hideous name) is at 3,500 for me and WWE a hundred rupees less. Still feels ridiculously expensive, I remember buying Fifa 13 for 1,500 rupees back when EA still had regional pricing and sold physical disks in India.
I was converting from £ - for the UK comparison:D

Leveller

Club Cricketer
I've tried to start two games. One was as Warwickshire, one as the England Women's Ashes. Warwickshire don't have the right squad - one glaring example is Dom Sibley is still listed there despite having moved to Surrey, and in the England Women's side, there are various player ratings that are inaccurate, Lauren Filer is listed as a medium pacer, and their ratings haven't changed. Alice Capsey is bald. This suggests that there's been no effort to keep databases up to date, and I'm going to refund, I think

Mr Snrub

International Coach
All the fielders run sideways and then chase the ball. That's the difference I noticed from C22. They should actually run directly towards the ball. What do you guys think?
View attachment 284615
They should run towards the ball normally and then turn sideways for the collection of the ball in the last couple of strides if the ball is at a medium to slow pace.

Mr Snrub

International Coach
They must be the only small gaming studio that prices their products at AAA standards.
And takes on 4-5 sports titles in one calendar year! (AFL, Cricket, Tennis, Rugby and some game called Soccer Tournament).

Such a small studio that they can afford to half-ass them all.

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
And takes on 4-5 sports titles in one calendar year! (AFL, Cricket, Tennis, Rugby and some game called Soccer Tournament).

Such a small studio that they can afford to half-ass them all.
It would be interesting to see their sales figures (expected and actual) of all their games so far.

jan52

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Is the game worth 22 usd. Getting it with family share worth it. Thinking about that to keep it. In my opinion definitely not worth 45$..

shan111

Associate Captain
The OP spinners are really ruining the game. AI can't play spin, as simple as that. How on earth BA couldn't fix this?

lynchy4610

Associate Cricketer
The OP spinners are really ruining the game. AI can't play spin, as simple as that. How on earth BA couldn't fix this?
They were smashing me. 20/20 game I was the Windies. Butler was smashing Hossein and Rakeem all over the park. Some great sweeps and lofted drives. I did manage to get Bairstow out top edge sweeping Hossein to deep backward square.

I’m playing on medium with a couple of sliders for spin flight and swing turned up a bit.

lynchy4610

Associate Cricketer
I’m really liking the pull shot animations this year they look so smooth.

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
Just had an hour it.Enjoying the game so far on steam .Have just played some big bash and started an ashes series. Fielding is certainly better and overall game feels more snappier .Crowd full at ashes less so at big bash.Definitely some better animations and edges are carrying.
As for licensed teams and players not being able to be used in other areas of the game that is more likely a stipulation of the teams rather than ba locking them down deliberately. Of course there are bits that are similar to Cricket 22 but imo there is enough there to justify a new game.Its £40 cost of a decent meal or a few pints Probably my best day one experience with a big ant game.

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Are we not getting any patch notes with the patches ??
Post automatically merged:

Just had an hour it.Enjoying the game so far on steam .Have just played some big bash and started an ashes series. Fielding is certainly better and overall game feels more snappier .Crowd full at ashes less so at big bash.Definitely some better animations and edges are carrying.
As for licensed teams and players not being able to be used in other areas of the game that is more likely a stipulation of the teams rather than ba locking them down deliberately. Of course there are bits that are similar to Cricket 22 but imo there is enough there to justify a new game.Its £40 cost of a decent meal or a few pints Probably my best day one experience with a big ant game.
Good to hear!! May be your expectations was low I guess based on past experience.

Users who are viewing this thread