Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I am really not a fan of the rule barring players injured in real life from being picked. Leagues are supposed to be aan enjoyable little escape from the actual cricket ecosystem, where we can have fun and build fantasy squads. Why should it be limited by real life injuries? In-league injuries determined by random.org are absolutely fine.
I don't buy the argument that it's impossible to rate them because they haven't played recently. It takes a couple minutes to look up their stats in the last few matches before their injury, which can be the basis for their rating.
Similarly, the rule forcing every player to be fielded in an XI at least once does not make any sense either.

Verified Enigma

PlanetCricket's Sherlock Holmes
Champions League Winner
Avengers
I am really not a fan of the rule barring players injured in real life from being picked. Leagues are supposed to be aan enjoyable little escape from the actual cricket ecosystem, where we can have fun and build fantasy squads. Why should it be limited by real life injuries? In-league injuries determined by random.org are absolutely fine.
I don't buy the argument that it's impossible to rate them because they haven't played recently. It takes a couple minutes to look up their stats in the last few matches before their injury, which can be the basis for their rating.
Similarly, the rule forcing every player to be fielded in an XI at least once does not make any sense either.
You cannot drop your captain.
1689007277049.png

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea
Different league different rules. It is what is

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
In my league, I like to see more and more new players, so if making Real life injured players unavailabile will get other names like Sean Williams or etc to be picked in the league, than why not... and also I like to include the rule of every player must play once or twice, because it will test depth of the squad and managers capabilities in some way...

Paranoid Kendroid

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
India
AUS..
RCB...
The Boys
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Bro woke up and chose violence.

I was actually not gonna include any big names in overseas drafts. But then I thought that would suck like who wants their four overseas to be Chad Bowes, Ben Manenti, Avesh Khan and Zak Crawley. What I had in my mind that Sri Lankan players (no offence to anyone) are a step-below the top international players so any team fielding four of the best would just be an overseas player league with Sri Lankans players like an icing on the cake. The whole point of a national league is to celebrate the players of that country. Not that anybody cares about this so I will actually reply to what you wrote.

It gets REALLY REALLY BORING to see the same guys being picked in EVERY LEAGUE ON PLANETCRICKET. Even if they are the best players, I don't care. Its always the same guys. Virat Kohli, Jasprit Bumrah, Mitchell Starc, Steve Smith, Rashid Khan, Babar Azam, Jos Buttler, Shadab Khan, Joe Root. Kane Williamson, Trent Boult, and many many more. I know they are the best in business but sometimes I want to see different combinations as well. It is fun to be able to field an XI with them in the side but it just becomes deja vu. And it's not like everyone is injured. KL Rahul is a good ODI batter but the world won't end if he isn't in a draft. Bumrah and Starc are among the best but Hazlewood, Shami, Matt Henry are modern-day ODI greats yet to be claimed. You aren't out of options in any way. If you would have made a point about the quality of Sri Lankan local players, then yes I would agree.

What's wrong with this? Is there any sense to have a squad of 21 members and only 11 players participate the whole tournament? At max, people go for one or two more players if there isn't any injury to force a lineup change. Honestly, that sounds more boring to me.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
In my league, I like to see more and more new players, so if making Real life injured players unavailabile will get other names like Sean Williams or etc to be picked in the league, than why not... and also I like to include the rule of every player must play once or twice, because it will test depth of the squad and managers capabilities in some way...

I was actually not gonna include any big names in overseas drafts. But then I thought that would suck like who wants their four overseas to be Chad Bowes, Ben Manenti, Avesh Khan and Zak Crawley. What I had in my mind that Sri Lankan players (no offence to anyone) are a step-below the top international players so any team fielding four of the best would just be an overseas player league with Sri Lankans players like an icing on the cake. The whole point of a national league is to celebrate the players of that country. Not that anybody cares about this so I will actually reply to what you wrote.

It gets REALLY REALLY BORING to see the same guys being picked in EVERY LEAGUE ON PLANETCRICKET. Even if they are the best players, I don't care. Its always the same guys. Virat Kohli, Jasprit Bumrah, Mitchell Starc, Steve Smith, Rashid Khan, Babar Azam, Jos Buttler, Shadab Khan, Joe Root. Kane Williamson, Trent Boult, and many many more. I know they are the best in business but sometimes I want to see different combinations as well. It is fun to be able to field an XI with them in the side but it just becomes deja vu. And it's not like everyone is injured. KL Rahul is a good ODI batter but the world won't end if he isn't in a draft. Bumrah and Starc are among the best but Hazlewood, Shami, Matt Henry are modern-day ODI greats yet to be claimed. You aren't out of options in any way. If you would have made a point about the quality of Sri Lankan local players, then yes I would agree.

What's wrong with this? Is there any sense to have a squad of 21 members and only 11 players participate the whole tournament? At max, people go for one or two more players if there isn't any injury to force a lineup change. Honestly, that sounds more boring to me.
These are fair arguments.
I don't have a problem with maybe the top-tier overseas players like Kohli, Babar etc. not being available, i do like to see underdogs as well. My main issue is with the IRL injury rule.
I still enjoy both of you guys' leagues :cheers

Bevab

Staff Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

I was actually not gonna include any big names in overseas drafts. But then I thought that would suck like who wants their four overseas to be Chad Bowes, Ben Manenti, Avesh Khan and Zak Crawley.

Speak for yourself. I want to see the Chad and the BBL legend Manenti as star overseas pros.

Neptune

Panel of Selectors
Avengers
Completely agree with this honestly, and I also find results to be a little more random when every team has the best of the best as at that point everyone is so good that any batsman/bowler can do well against anyone else (I think leagues based on a country with overseas limits do a good job at countering this)

One more thing I would like to see (no idea whether this would be more interesting or boring than the standard) are leagues where ratings of the players are public from before. I've been on a discord server for a few years now where we periodically have such leagues and they are a lot of fun. Have really wanted to set one up myself for the longest time but not sure if I would be able to give it as much time as I want and I dont want to start a league and abandon it mid way

Users who are viewing this thread