DBC 17 Career Mode

Busstop10

School Cricketer
Whenever i am in career mode and get selected for domestic cricket my game crashes whilst the match is loading how do i fix this?

USACricNerd

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
West Indies
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I don't know if anyone else has checked this out, but I cleared all my data and downloaded teams, and I'm no longer seeing duplicated players on any sides. So something about getting best teams or downloading sides from the server is creating the "three Mitch Starcs" issue. Hard to tell what it is, because there's no way to access details on players from other teams once you're in Career Mode, but I think I've isolated the problem on some level.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
The PlanetCricket Don Bradman 17 'Which teams to download' thread | Page 15 - (Planet)Cricket Academy on PlanetCricket Forums

You may want to stick to downloading teams that are KNOWN (see above) to be setup correctly, with correctly linked players etc.... the issue is non linked (i here I mean linked to an on disc equivalent), become "free agents: within the game, thus if you download multiple teams with the same player and one or two is not linked correctly, you get 2-3 of the same players in your academy and the system cannot tell the difference and therefor picks more than one as they are seen as individuals....

when you download the teams from the "approved" list make sure to "REPLACE OLD WITH NEW" so only one copy is ever in your academy...

to make double sure -- I went to my academy and checked the players list -- you can filter for unlinked (Unassigned - cannot remember the exact term here) and delete those, but be careful here, make sure you delete duplicates only, as some players exist that cannot be linked as there is no on disc equivalent!
Hope I am clear :) (and not clear as mud!)

USACricNerd

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
West Indies
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
The PlanetCricket Don Bradman 17 'Which teams to download' thread | Page 15 - (Planet)Cricket Academy on PlanetCricket Forums

You may want to stick to downloading teams that are KNOWN (see above) to be setup correctly, with correctly linked players etc.... the issue is non linked (i here I mean linked to an on disc equivalent), become "free agents: within the game, thus if you download multiple teams with the same player and one or two is not linked correctly, you get 2-3 of the same players in your academy and the system cannot tell the difference and therefor picks more than one as they are seen as individuals....

when you download the teams from the "approved" list make sure to "REPLACE OLD WITH NEW" so only one copy is ever in your academy...

to make double sure -- I went to my academy and checked the players list -- you can filter for unlinked (Unassigned - cannot remember the exact term here) and delete those, but be careful here, make sure you delete duplicates only, as some players exist that cannot be linked as there is no on disc equivalent!
Hope I am clear :) (and not clear as mud!)

Tried this. Some users on the approved list have things linked correctly, but others do not. Further explanation in the above thread.

HJ1506

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Can you change your bat halfway through a career mode?

dp458

Club Captain
My career has frozen when the opposition take the new ball, this is the first time I was batting whilst this was the case
What can I do, as I don't want to lose my career

dp458

Club Captain
Try pausing and going to Match Tactics > Simulate and advancing to the next over.
I tried that and nothing it just blinks autosave and goes back to the crease, the umpires arm just stays out so the bowler doesn't bowl.
So annoying as it was a top score , on for a double in a chase 546

Also tried closing the game and reloading and system off and on again, as well as play another game mode.

Is it due to the fact they took the new ball midway through an over ?

Hondo

Club Cricketer
Bugger, does this mean when I get to International level it will use the default players that came with game in my career mode?

I pretty much started my career mode from 1st day i got the game and most teams wasn't available to d/l..... I have already done 3 seasons just about to make it to state level.

That would be a waste.... :(

Frankthomas64

School Cricketer
Good day, hopefully they will fix that if you create your career player that he or she can play for their country one day as there is no such option at the moment just clubs

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread