DBC 17 - The Complete Review! Please Answer the Poll!

To what extent do you agree with this review?

• Strongly Agree

Votes: 76 55.9%
  • Somewhat Agree

Votes: 29 21.3%
  • On the Fence

Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Somewhat Disagree

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • Strongly Disagree

Votes: 13 9.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arun A B

Club Cricketer
Okay, return the game. Never buy again? We'll see you when the next iteration comes out and it's top class...
Already returned it. Might buy after few months after checking it with my friends regarding updates and so on.
Price might get lower as well

FaWaD

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I missed my 7 days return and now have to live with it. Hoping BigAnts fix this.

The game certainly looked like a rushed up game. Not sure who was testing the game. If you don't even look at the playability, the game itself is pretty hard to navigate. If they were marketing this to the masses and not cricket fanatics then the menus look horrible and very confusing.

So many clicks. No wonder they left a Resume to serve as a work around or after thought.

Luckily I have got the Don Bradman 14. I'll go back to it.

Aamir_Siddiqui

Club Cricketer
Very Disappointed with the Game. The commentary is horrible...BA should have used the DBC14 commentary. The game feels too much arcadey. Bowling is a big plus. Game would crash occasionally but not since the new patch.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
After 16 pages of reading my conclusion at this point: If you want to enjoy batting play DBC 14 and for bowling get DBC 17 as it stands right now.

That's a pretty accurate summary.

fullhavoc

School Cricketer
Awesome review.

I just cant understand one thing. How can you get your second major Cricket title wrong? How can you even the basics wrong? In one line BA Studios have wronged the rights of DBC 14.

The game is worse than even the first patch of DBC 14.

They might be great in after sales support, but let me be very frank only the people on this community know that! An average consumer? - i doubt it! I think the support needs to extend on marketplaces too, such as Amazon, Ebay, Fliapkart (India). The game has really poor reviews & customers feel cheated.

Or maybe even have in-game live support.

Alberts

International Coach
Awesome review.

I just cant understand one thing. How can you get your second major Cricket title wrong? How can you even the basics wrong? In one line BA Studios have wronged the rights of DBC 14.

They might be great in after sales support, but let me be very frank only the people on this community know that! An average consumer? - i doubt it! I think the support needs to extend on marketplaces too, such as Amazon, Ebay, Fliapkart (India). The game has really poor reviews & customers feel cheated.

Or maybe even have in-game live support.

Let's not go that far.

The bowling is better than 14 on consoles, even with a couple of things to tweaks to be made. Early DBC 14 though was riddled with issues arguably larger than what we've got now.

International Coach
Why was the OP banned??? I hope it was not because he has a negative opinion towards the game.

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Yes , he gave a Great Review , but thereafter he sort of started losing the plot completely , until eventual borderline insanity .

I think what got to him was that BA never wanted to directly engage with him or aknowledge anything that he put into his review.

But his review stands for Very True Words spoken in my View

FaWaD

Club Cricketer
Why was the OP banned??? I hope it was not because he has a negative opinion towards the game.

His review was very honest but his comments in the thread were aggressive and attacking many (specially those who were blindly defending BigAnt). I guess he lost the plot there.

As for those who suggest using R1 or RB to play towards Cover and Fine Leg, that button is supposed to pick singles (which you can pick by hitting towards any fielder anyway) as you won't be able to add extra power to those shots. This is from in-game dialog.

I'm hoping they fix the 360 degree shot placement, field marker and co-op running by individuals and marker on which player is facing, then the game will have more replay value.

Last edited:

Symbolism

School Cricketer
What really annoys me is that there isn't even variation in where the ball goes off the bat. If you look at a game that got bat and ball physics almost perfect (MLB The Show 15,16,17) - depending on your timing, where in the swing arc you hit the ball, what the ball was doing, the physics engine correctly changes the direction of the ball.

In this game, the ball goes in the exact same spots, one of about three that each shot produces, with no variance and no real reliance on timing as to where it goes (timing just impacts power, and sometimes not even that)

There are so many basics of the game that they just didn't even seem to bother with, that it's almost a complete re-write of batting and the AI while batting to make it better.

This is -almost- as bad as Ashes Cricket 13.

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
What really annoys me is that there isn't even variation in where the ball goes off the bat. If you look at a game that got bat and ball physics almost perfect (MLB The Show 15,16,17) - depending on your timing, where in the swing arc you hit the ball, what the ball was doing, the physics engine correctly changes the direction of the ball.

In this game, the ball goes in the exact same spots, one of about three that each shot produces, with no variance and no real reliance on timing as to where it goes (timing just impacts power, and sometimes not even that)

There are so many basics of the game that they just didn't even seem to bother with, that it's almost a complete re-write of batting and the AI while batting to make it better.

This is -almost- as bad as Ashes Cricket 13.

In the space of 4 sentences you have gone from making a salient point to talking absolute nonsense. Good achievement.

Symbolism

School Cricketer
Did you play Ashes Cricket 13?

It also had super close in fielders, stunted batting options, basic gameplay bugs, etcetera.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread