School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Mode: Career
Match Type: Nets Practice
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): End of practice
Ground: NA
Teams: Hants
Get Best: Yes, but customised since
Description of Issue: Started new career on Amauter after installing patch 2. Entered Nets Practice before first match. Completed the 60 balls then xbox froze on Career - Loading screen.

Unlike when it used to cut out occasionally at the fall of a wicket pre-patch 2 this completely locked up my xbox. I wasn't able to bring up the xbox home menu or turn the xbox off from the controller. Had to reboot it manually.

I'm on a 2007 Xbox 360 Arcade with 120GB internal hard drive installed. It's not an official MS hard drive but I've not had a single issue with it in the 5 years I've had it. The game is installed to the hard drive in addition to profile and save game data being held there.

I'm having the same problem on my 2010 Xbox360 with 250 GB HD. It happened with both existing career as well as starting a new one :noway .

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I'm also on a 250gig xbox and I was experiencing the freeze in my continued career playing for surrey. I transferred all my game saves to USB and started a new career for western Aus and haven't had the issue again. I have been saving regularly just in case.

AAMIR SOHAIL

School Cricketer
@aamir sohail if you have time start a new 'dummy' career in England and play the entire first FC match in one go. Saving after that has been my constant sticking point.

Just tried this, no freeze. Also did a net session afterwards for good measure, again no freeze.

I honestly believe (at least in my case) that the issue was due to save games being present on the storage device that were pre patch 2 or perhaps even pre patch 1.

ellgieff

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Mode: Career
Match Type: 4 Day & 50 Over
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): N/A
Ground: N/A
Teams: N/A
Get Best: No
Description of Issue: Bowling right arm off breaks. Twice I've had it look like I've gone close to an edge, appealed and been turned down.

Each time when I check the interactive replay, the ball has appeared to pass _through_ the bat - once through the middle, the second time more towards the edge.

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Just tried this, no freeze. Also did a net session afterwards for good measure, again no freeze.

I honestly believe (at least in my case) that the issue was due to save games being present on the storage device that were pre patch 2 or perhaps even pre patch 1.

I think I have to agree. Since I've deleted the other save games I don't have the issue anymore

warpfactor

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
I think I have to agree. Since I've deleted the other save games I don't have the issue anymore

Likewise. I think AAMIR SOHAIL is onto something there. I went and moved my old career save to another storage device and I've just played through a net session and the first game of the County Championship in my new career and it saved succesfully after both.

YouBears

School Cricketer
Guys could someone send me your game save so I can test it on mine? Definitely seems as I suggested yesterday to be an issue with some game saves. If someone can send me one of your faulty saves I'll try and recreate the crash on my system.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Friendly warning about sharing game saves as that's against the rules here, I know you're just trying to help but that's a no no...

AAMIR SOHAIL

School Cricketer
@YouBears
If you really wanted to you could delete the patch, go offline so it doesn't try to get the patch again, start a random game/career/whatever and save it. Go back online, get the patch and try and replicate the freeze.

There would be a chance that this would play havoc with your DBC profile save though. Personally I wouldn't take the risk of losing all of the editing I've done.

Cobhamcc

Banned
on PS3

Mode:career
Match Type:all
Over Count all
Ground:all
Teams:all
Get Best:yes
Description of Issue:stuttering of animation when starting the first run and any umpire signals. also any catches taken are shown as caught and bowled but show up correct on scorecard. When in career mode and my career player is batting at the end of a day,the start of the next day the score is shown as 0-0 until the end of the first over or the first runs of the day are scored. then the score returns to what it should be.

Also on another note the pitch doesn't seem to show any signs of wear during the match in any mode.. The pitch looks the same at the end of day 4 as it does at the start of the match. I mention this as i swear i read somewhere that the game has dynamic weather and pitch and ball wear.
I've also never seen any rain despite my career being in England. It always rains here during a season. Maybe this need to be looked at and fixed.
I have already changed the weather settings for the teams I downloaded to the correct one. I.e English teams to English weather etc

YouBears

School Cricketer
@YouBears
If you really wanted to you could delete the patch, go offline so it doesn't try to get the patch again, start a random game/career/whatever and save it. Go back online, get the patch and try and replicate the freeze.

There would be a chance that this would play havoc with your DBC profile save though. Personally I wouldn't take the risk of losing all of the editing I've done.

I have pre patch saves and no issues...

WaveringSiggy

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
New Zealand
just noticed when i get a caught behind wicket it says its a c&b to bowler but i dont get xp points and on scorecard it has right dismissal of caught behind, not a big deal but thought i would inform you @BigAntStudios

Synnical

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
just noticed when i get a caught behind wicket it says its a c&b to bowler but i dont get xp points and on scorecard it has right dismissal of caught behind, not a big deal but thought i would inform you @BigAntStudios

I just noticed this also - got a nice thick edge while batting to be dismissed for 67 was given as c&b on the dismissal while walking back to the pavilion but it shows correctly on the scorecard. How strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread