Online Cricket Games Owned
on PS3

Mode:career
Match Type:all
Over Count all
Ground:all
Teams:all
Get Best:yes
Description of Issue:stuttering of animation when starting the first run and any umpire signals. also any catches taken are shown as caught and bowled but show up correct on scorecard. When in career mode and my career player is batting at the end of a day,the start of the next day the score is shown as 0-0 until the end of the first over or the first runs of the day are scored. then the score returns to what it should be.

Also on another note the pitch doesn't seem to show any signs of wear during the match in any mode.. The pitch looks the same at the end of day 4 as it does at the start of the match. I mention this as i swear i read somewhere that the game has dynamic weather and pitch and ball wear.
I've also never seen any rain despite my career being in England. It always rains here during a season. Maybe this need to be looked at and fixed.
I have already changed the weather settings for the teams I downloaded to the correct one. I.e English teams to English weather etc

Have not noticed the ball not carrying to slips/keeper ant any speed. my career player is a fast bowler and even slower deliveries at 50-70 mph carry easily with or without an edge.
But have noticed loading and saving times increased now by almost double.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Yeah its now crashing all the time when i try and save. I know you get shot down here whenever you criticize this game, but i spent a lot of money on it, and three months post release i cant even save the game. Really poor stuff.

fanirama

Club Captain
Few more bugs -

1) Out bug - advance hit the ball to bowler who drops catch. I scramble back to my crease as bowler knocks stumps. Given out - bowled - even got 20XP for the played on to stumps bad luck mate message.

2) Bad wide calls - it pitches on leg stumps and just misses stumps by a few cm.

Last edited by a moderator:

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
If these crashes are due to fix of career save/resume bug found during patch 2's original submission - It would be better for BA to put out a direction to everyone to restart the career & revert the latest fix! In PC, I save multiple time multiple places & never came across this crash! It only crashes when you minimize the game window & start another s/w in parallel( in my case fraps ).

pfunkboy

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
Scotland
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
If these crashes are due to fix of career save/resume bug found during patch 2's original submission - It would be better for BA to put out a direction to everyone to restart the career & revert the latest fix! In PC, I save multiple time multiple places & never came across this crash! It only crashes when you minimize the game window & start another s/w in parallel( in my case fraps ).

I don't want to restart my career. I played it for over a month to get a test match call up. Then I had to wait for patch to get the HUD for international matches as it was too hard for me even after lots of practice. Even bought the pc version to play it while waiting and to support BA .

I'm annoyed enough that I cant play my 360 game just now (but these things happen) but if I had to restart my career id be very very angry and probably just pack it in.

Dougie1

Club Cricketer
the fact that the game is a more enjoyable experience post patch 2 - makes the save freeze even more annoying!

just had a great t20 3 match series against india (competition - me against AI on pro level)

the game was absolutely fine - i exited no problem from the first 2 matches at their conclusion - but it froze on exit from the 3rd match

i had just hit 5 sixes in the one over with stokes to gain a momentous victory!

grrrrr:mad

Last edited:

richowebbo

County Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
It's a pain in the arse for me as I have one of those network adapters for the old chunky 360. I really hate disconnecting and reconnecting just to avoid an issue. Hope to god this is patched soon. Mod support to go with it @Ross? @BigAntStudios

I also have this kind of XBox an I agree its a pain in the arse. However, it made no difference because it still didn't save!

Krokenoster

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Okay, I just skipped after someone started bitching again in the thread, but take it that installed/non installed is not the issue then......

Could we maybe start a thread for xbox only users, posting their xbox specs, even year model, etc?

Hopefully we could get clarity on the issue in this way??

Just to remind you guys, I have No "framerate" issues, No freezes, No saving issues.......

I have had the continues "celebration/party on the field/talk crap about the wicket that was taken with an edges 20 minutes ago" anomoly, but the temporary fix has been found (Don't appeal untill the keeper has caught the ball)

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
There are five levels in helmet ratings, you mean there are internal difficulty levels other than pro/legend & veteran?

I believe the difficulty only goes up twice: at helmet level 2 and in international games. Of course: that's assuming that you start at pro or below: if you start at legend, then it won't change.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
Yeah its now crashing all the time when i try and save. I know you get shot down here whenever you criticize this game, but i spent a lot of money on it, and three months post release i cant even save the game. Really poor stuff.

IMO, I like you, but posts like this do not help at all. Everyone has spent money on the game, it's not a badge of honor. I sympathise with you Xbox guys but this is a new error caused by them trying to make the game better for us, you've been able to save previously, it's not a three month long issue. It's a week or so issue and there will be a fix for it. Fully appreciate the frustration but as a collective, let's put that energy to good use and help find a fix for it...

Has anyone tried re-setting the game and then playing offline. So set the game back to original settings, then download the patch, then play offline (basically, no "get best" and see what happens?

Sounds like it's maybe an existing saved-game file issue, is there some way for one of you guys experiencing the issue to send @BigAntStudios the save file? Would that help?

Another question, if you switch back to Patch 1 or no patch does the error continue? Because it shouldn't?

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
I like you too, but i bought two variants of the same game because this patch took so long, and now it doesnt work, so i would like a badge.

How do we revert back to old patches?

Do pc users have the same problems? Just firing it up on the pc

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
If it's any help, I get the crashes exiting casual matches. Played the second one as a tester really. No idea how we can send save files if one isn't created.

Krokenoster

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I like you too, but i bought two variants of the same game because this patch took so long, and now it doesnt work, so i would like a badge.

How do we revert back to old patches?

Do pc users have the same problems? Just firing it up on the pc

Delete all the DBC files from your hard drive.

Then start the game, and make sure you are not connected to the internet.....
That will start the game without any patches.....

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
I get the crashes exiting competition matches so it looks fairly widespread

----------

Im going to delete everything, and play with just patch 2 and no get best, and report back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread