D

Deleted member 46200

Well done guys just well fracking done

Take a game that was great (BD14) and not build on that at all
Noticed online that there are less and less people playing

Great way to get rid of your fan base
Keep it up

Well fckin done
Yes, but they probably had a bit more cash to develop the game and decided to do more and different (I can see thick people and, what they were looking to achieve no connection) not totally different. Yes, the game is not where they want it to be at this juncture but they are committed to sorting it out. Perhaps less of the keyboard bravado and more 'positive' posting, does your mother know you use these words...?[DOUBLEPOST=1490221377][/DOUBLEPOST]
Cricket Austrailia should view it as advertising and investing in youth the better the game the more people play it and the more interest there is in cricket.They should be begging big ant to do this not pricing them out of the market.Its not as if anyone else is making a high end cricket game.
Who holds the licence for the ACB and ECB??? Tricky and is it too expensive...?

D

Deleted member 46200

On the flip side, Ross is extremely sensitive and flies off the handle very easily. It doesn't take much to get the "negative response" from Ross and quite frankly after DBC 17 is a "release now, fix much, much later" type of game a lot of his rants and whinges seem less justified as the time goes by.

They seriously couldn't find out before release that fields don't stick? I don't believe that. The only downside to the PC version is I can't trade it in or give it away so I'm stuck with this $60 waste of money.
Yes he is ginger and feels bad at being rude to many people especially young Australian women who make general enquiries about the lack of stats. However, he is just a pawn in a decent company and doesn't speak for them overall... If it was me, I would have seen the doctor about that rash but, that particular body part is alien to me, though mother knows best... Eh Norman...

Don't talk about fielding.

Last edited by a moderator:

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Some game developers coming on here and being defensive rather than communicating with the fans about the game. Not sure that sends the right message.

Seriously

School Cricketer
Yes, but they probably had a bit more cash to develop the game and decided to do more and different (I can see thick people and, what they were looking to achieve no connection) not totally different. Yes, the game is not where they want it to be at this juncture but they are committed to sorting it out. Perhaps less of the keyboard bravado and more 'positive' posting, does your mother know you use these words...?[DOUBLEPOST=1490221377][/DOUBLEPOST]
Who holds the licence for the ACB and ECB??? Tricky and is it too expensive...?

Look at DBC 14
they were 100 times more active than what they currently are
They knowingly released a half arsed broken game

The positive, lets see, 1: Batting is more fun and slightly more difficult than 14 (there is you positive) 2: only certain strokes work, play cut shot on fast bowler and wait wait for it .... the tries to reverse sweep

there are sadly not a lot of positives in this game
its now been 3 months and the game is still not fixed

Lets look at other developers that released a game with Issues

Horizon Zero Dawn - 3 Patches and game is fixed (much less than 3 months after release and no issues in releasing), no issue in getting the patch done and released, yet BA has excuses that they cant release it because of this or that
The Witcher 3 - fixed game in less than 3 monhts

They have no right to get upset when paying customers complain about the game, they released it without proper testing

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Geez! I wonder why that happened. Oh right! It's because of posts exactly like this.

That's a very bold accusation. Were you in the room when the decision to release the game was taken?

You conveniently fail to notice the budget and size of the companies that built those games. More $$ + workforce = faster development

They have no right to get upset when paying customers complain about the game
If they are getting upset, then there wouldn't have been 3 patches with 1 more patch in pipeline.

they released it without proper testing
Again, a sweeping statement. Isn't it enough that Ross has acknowledged the issues at hand and is committed to fixing them?

Seriously

School Cricketer
Geez! I wonder why that happened. Oh right! It's because of posts exactly like this.

That's a very bold accusation. Were you in the room when the decision to release the game was taken?

You conveniently fail to notice the budget and size of the companies that built those games. More $$ + workforce = faster development

If they are getting upset, then there wouldn't have been 3 patches with 1 more patch in pipeline.

Again, a sweeping statement. Isn't it enough that Ross has acknowledged the issues at hand and is committed to fixing them?
typical bookies response
why dont u go and spot fix a game

Please proof the hours of beta testing that the game has gone through - Please show me, would love to see it

inertSpark

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
typical bookies response

Please proof the hours of beta testing that the game has gone through - Please show me, would love to see it

Whilst he's at it, you can help out by proving your obviously extensive experience of games development.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Also, don't the publishers have more say over when the game is released than the developers? I'm sure the release date was well out of BA's say so....anyways...

Bluebagger

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Also, don't the publishers have more say over when the game is released than the developers? I'm sure the release date was well out of BA's say so....anyways...
That goes against what Ross has constantly said that the cricket series is their own project and they have the freedom to do what they want unlike the rugby league series

inertSpark

Associate Captain

Big label publishers perhaps, since they own most of their own studios. Tru Blu are not comparable to the likes of EA, Activision or Ubisoft when it comes to their clout, or power over the developers.

Fissionmailed

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Look at DBC 14

The positive, lets see, 1: Batting is more fun and slightly more difficult than 14 (there is you positive) 2: only certain strokes work, play cut shot on fast bowler and wait wait for it .... the tries to reverse sweep

there are sadly not a lot of positives in this game
its now been 3 months and the game is still not fixed

Horizon Zero Dawn - 3 Patches and game is fixed (much less than 3 months after release and no issues in releasing), no issue in getting the patch done and released, yet BA has excuses that they cant release it because of this or that
The Witcher 3 - fixed game in less than 3 monhts

They have no right to get upset when paying customers complain about the game, they released it without proper testing

Never has a username been more appropriate.

inertSpark

Associate Captain
Never has a username been more appropriate.

Compares big budget open world titles with a smaller budget sports title. I agree, the username is apt.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
typical bookies response

done.gif

I'm done here.

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Guys! I recently got PS4 so I decided to import DBC 17 for PS4 from UK to Hong Kong, to complement my already purchased steam PC Version! Do you think it was a wise decision?

Users who are viewing this thread