Don Bradman Cricket 17 General Discussion

Im pretty sure we both have touched the same topics, in different ways same skill sets, different scales. But my opinion being not to put a threshold on the skillset scales cause why not. Those who are going to want RL players will do that, and those who are not, why limit people in game. Why not have junal goswami bowling a couple yards quicker, heck dale steyn bowls 157 in game, I mean we have our career players who bowl 150+, im sure in real life i can never touch that speed. So why not the same for woman players. Doesnt make them men with Bewbs in any way.

If BA has licenses for women's teams i would understand locking them away, it would be great for both the cricketers and BA if that happens. But apart from that i dont see a point in putting limitations in the academy!

You said female Brett Lee... That may have been an exaggeration but it's not treating their game with respect.

Having female models but the male physics would be a joke. Having a slower more timing/touch based physics rather than slogging, where the scores might be lower etc. could be an interesting mode.

since people have different opinions, why not instead include both. Lemme explain, it will work both for men and women. We can make a player in academy and while choosing bowling type, we can choose medium bowler, fast-medium, fast medium would have 2 options, 1 being average speeds 110-120 and one being with average speed 120-135. And similarly in fast bowler option we get 2 options, with average speeds 135-145 and the other one being with average speeds 145-160? It can solve both problems such as some bowlers, bhuvneshwar kumar etc in the game do not come in either fast medium and nor fast bowlers, so this can solve that problem as well??

You said female Brett Lee... That may have been an exaggeration but it's not treating their game with respect.

It was an example that was sort of exagerated, but even taken at face value still you are point blank saying that there will never ever be an female cricketer who can bowl at lee's pace? Comparing a female cricketer to a male is being disrespectful??? thats news

Woman cricket is at its early stage, its beeen in pro area only for the past decade and half, hence it will only improve as time goes on and more athletes will come! Right now woman's cricket can be compared to the earliest stages of men cricket!

The key thing about games is not just being able to do what is possible by a current batch, but all that would be possible past present and future!

Having female models but the male physics would be a joke.
Plus i had also mentioned different mocaps for female cricketers, all i said was just let the scale be open without putting limitations, i dont know why you have picked this to argue!

aving a slower more timing/touch based physics rather than slogging

you are stereo typing based on majority there are exceptions, there are bound to be some biffers there too

Last edited:
It was an example that was sort of exagerated, but even taken at face value still you are point blank saying that there will never ever be an female cricketer who can bowl at lee's pace? Comparing a female cricketer to a male is being disrespectful??? thats news

Woman cricket is at its early stage, its beeen in pro area only for the past decade and half, hence it will only improve as time goes on and more athletes will come! Right now woman's cricket can be compared to the earliest stages of men cricket!

The key thing about games is not just being able to do what is possible by a current batch, but all that would be possible past present and future!

Plus i had also mentioned different mocaps for female cricketers, all i said was just let the scale be open without putting limitations, i dont know why you have picked this to argue!

you are stereo typing based on majority there are exceptions, there are bound to be some biffers there too

Compare the average scores of men & women's matches in WT20, avg 6 distances, avg bowling speeds. You cannot seriously say those sports can be modelled in a realistic fashion using the same scales & physics?

same scales yes, i never said same physics, when you make different models and different mocap you will automatically be fixing it with physics according to the model! Most of the difference needed would be available through the new rigging!

also i believe woman's cricket uses a ball that is lighter and slightly smaller than men's not sure though! So the model as well as physics of that ball will be changed as well if thats the case.

Like i said a game should be able to represent for past present and future, just dont put thresholds and limitations.

I'm all for locking up woman players if BA bag license, that would be best for both, they can create close to RL perfection and lock them like bradman, but i would like user created academy players to not have imposed limitations like created woman players can only bowl till 125 kpH , they are developing now junal goswami has already hit some 130s, so there is a scope for improving players there. so why not some one bowling 140+ or 150s for a user created player or why not ripping it like warne./

Last edited:
I would love some female members to weigh in on this, we're just a bunch of blokes talking about their game and what we think, for fear of "Ted Cruising" the subject n'all ...be good to get some actual female perspective on any possible inclusion.

same scales yes, i never said same physics, when you make different models and different mocap you will automatically be fixing it with physics according to the model! Most of the difference needed would be available through the new rigging!

also i believe woman's cricket uses a ball that is lighter and slightly smaller than men's not sure though! So the model as well as physics of that ball will be changed as well if thats the case.

Like i said a game should be able to represent for past present and future, just dont put thresholds and limitations.

I'm all for locking up woman players if BA bag license, that would be best for both, they can create close to RL perfection and lock them like bradman, but i would like user created academy players to not have imposed limitations like created woman players can only bowl till 125 kpH , they are developing now junal goswami has already hit some 130s, so there is a scope for improving players there. so why not some one bowling 140+ or 150s for a user created player or why not ripping it like warne./

This is a new low, we're arguing about a feature not even confirmed!

But for someone usually so sensible you're talking utter balls now. You wouldn't model a rugby game where they kick penalties from their own 22, just because now they can do it from near the 10 metre line and there's scope for improvement.

If the bowler is bowling 150+ & the batsman is hitting 120m sixes, you're not playing women's cricket, whatever the player model looks like.

"I would think nobody reasonable would have a problem with women being in the game licenses or not, but it should be handled properly in a manner that respects the physical differences"

Unfortunatly you can't stop people if they wanna create Jessica Rabbit's or big butt berthas, the academy will give us more options this time round I would imagine so unfortunately there will be some who'll exploit it. I think just having them in the game is good for both female cricketers/gamers alike. womens cricket can be very good viewing and the level of sportsmanship in the Female game is very good for kids to see.

This is a new low, we're arguing about a feature not even confirmed!

Lol, next friday hopefully we will be discussing something else.

But for someone usually so sensible you're talking utter balls now. You wouldn't model a rugby game where they kick penalties from their own 22, just because now they can do it from near the 10 metre line and there's scope for improvement.

see your not understanding what i said there, i never said to change the game rules did I, like say make it 15 yard throw down cricket. Just not putting limitations within the scope of the game!

If the bowler is bowling 150+ & the batsman is hitting 120m sixes, you're not playing women's cricket, whatever the player model looks like.

......... well given my arguments above anyway .....

but seriously i think it would be much better to get perspective from woman gamers who like cricket as biggs suggested, i would believe @BigAntStudios would have had some sort of survey or feedback on this already if they are having in game! Would be cool to know it and the direction BA would take on this!

Where has all this talk of women cricket come from? Has there been an indication that it will be included?

Has there been an indication that it will be included?

None whatsoever and given it's all-men deciding whats best for women being represented in cricket games I think it's highly unlikely to be included.

Where has all this talk of women cricket come from? Has there been an indication that it will be included?

Someone from somewhere might have said something on something and that something might have been somethinged and now someone said the something here and women

I believe this maybe interpreted as confirmation, but then could be just BA tryign stuff like they did with rift in dbc14

This is what @Ross said
"Interesting question then, one that is being argued in the office here - should women be able to play against men in the next game in the field?"

Me v The missus

Users who are viewing this thread