Don Bradman Cricket 17 General Discussion

umurulz

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Folks, quick question regarding batting... I was so pre-occupied with trying to hit through the cover region that I didn't notice it earlier that I'm struggling to hit shots behind square on the leg side as well. Anyone have any ideas how i can flick/glance/hit ball behind square (Fine Leg or Long Leg regions)? I was playing a odi and came across a field with no deep fielder in the Fine Leg region and decided to make the most of it. But no matter which shots I tried or how late or early I timed the ball, the ball went to or around Square Leg. It's almost as if the area behind Backward Square Leg is off limits similar to the Cover region.
Did you try using the crease for that shot. And if you are playing on PS.. then hold R1 and then try to play your shot. R1 is basically precision shot and you should be able to find the gap.

outbreak

Club Captain
Welcome to DBC 17 my friend. The answer is you can't.

Damn thought it would be there somewhere. in cricket really need average and 4s 6s hit etc. Hope its patched in or starts appearing at domestic international level like the stats page we had on dbc14

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Did you try using the crease for that shot. And if you are playing on PS.. then hold R1 and then try to play your shot. R1 is basically precision shot and you should be able to find the gap.

Yeah I moved all the way to the off side to try nurdle/glance/flick the ball behind square but I couldn't get the ball behind backward square leg. I didn't try to use R1 for leg side (though I did use it on the off side) as R1/Precision shots lack power and only get you 1s or 2s. I wanted to hit a proper leg glance or flick to Fine Leg region but wasn't able to do so. Would really like someone who has the game and has managed to play the shot to tell me what am I doing wrong. I literally cannot hit a shot through Covers (between extra cover and cover point) on the off side and through the Fine Leg/Long Leg region (between Backward Square Leg and Long Leg) on the leg side.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
What's this red circle everyone is going on about?

It's a minor thing and it's more cosmetic than anything to do with gameplay. When you hit the a shot you see the ball marker around the ball (red in color) so you can track the ball easily. it's just that the circle doesn't disappear immediately when fielder or bowler has the ball in their hands and is there for a few moments. To me inability to play shots all around the 360 degree arc and lax AI fielding are a much bigger concern than seeing the ball with a red circle around it.

For more details see the following video starting 3.03 mark. You will see that when the fielder picks up the ball the red circle is still around it. That's what folks are referring to though IMO it doesn't impact gameplay at all...

Last edited:

outbreak

Club Captain
quick question, on the career home page if i look at the my player box it lists stats like agility, fitness, strength, run speed etc. How do i actually level those stats?

when i open that menu i just get the batting/bowling/fielding ?

UnknownSoul

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I don't know if this is a bug so i'll post here first..

I tried using the the game-play sliders to up the pace of the fast bowlers. I thought it would just change the 'feel'/Time to react but it seems it also goes onto the speed gun as well...

for a fast medium bowler
default min 50 max 50 = around 75-80ish
first try was me pushing the min speed to 60 max to 65 = around 85mph
Currently have a fast medium bowling 128mph for testing purposes i put slider to max to exaggerate the findings.
I know there's probably alot of factors that go into it now.

I may have misinterpreted what these sliders do... as for the one above i'd think that it wouldn't show an increase on the speed gun.
I think the sliders move to the games conditions aswell which is cool if it does. currently 75 swing.

Would be great to get a better understanding but i'm sure i will the more i play :)

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Folks, quick question regarding batting... I was so pre-occupied with trying to hit through the cover region that I didn't notice it earlier that I'm struggling to hit shots behind square on the leg side as well. Anyone have any ideas how i can flick/glance/hit ball behind square (Fine Leg or Long Leg regions)? I was playing a odi and came across a field with no deep fielder in the Fine Leg region and decided to make the most of it. But no matter which shots I tried or how late or early I timed the ball, the ball went to or around Square Leg. It's almost as if the area behind Backward Square Leg is off limits similar to the Cover region.

Haven't got thru the covers much (1 or 2 with double trigger shots) but no probs going behind Square on leg which you can see in my videos

kasabian21

International Coach
It's a minor thing and it's more cosmetic than anything to do with gameplay. When you hit the a shot you see the ball marker around the ball (red in color) so you can track the ball easily. it's just that the circle doesn't disappear immediately when fielder or bowler has the ball in their hands and is there for a few moments. To me inability to play shots all around the 360 degree arc and lax AI fielding are a much bigger concern than seeing the ball with a red circle around it.

For more details see the following video starting 3.03 mark. You will see that when the fielder picks up the ball the red circle is still around it. That's what folks are referring to though IMO it doesn't impact gameplay at all...

I literally hadn't even noticed it!

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
@MattW I just had one question. Why does some of my custom created ground not show up when selecting the grounds in the setting? I see few but not all. Also I assigned few grounds to teams they dont show up when the country is selected. For eg when I select India as country I see Delhi Park and then WACA, Adelaide but not others I downloaded. Is something wrong that I have been doing?

sahil1087

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Hello guys, even thought I have listed my issues on the bug reporting thread but I thought issues like consistent game crash, academy sync error needs to be fixed ASAP. Below is the submission for reference Platform: PS4
Game Mode: Any
Match Type: ODI/T20/Five
Get Best Teams used: NA
Ground: Melbourne
Over Count: 3
Issue (one line description): Issue with Academy sync/Game Freeze/Gameplay error
Bug description (detail): I got the game from US psn store and below are the issues I have faced in 1 hour of gameplay
A) Academy unable to sync best teams. I got academy error so I had to do it one by one.
B) Game crashed 3 times in a row while playing different game modes. Max I could play was for about 30 mins without crash. I would simply have to restart my PS4 pro. Third time I just got frustrated and went to sleep.
C) I was given out by the umpire even when the fielder clearly caught me behind the boundary line. That was never an issue with db14.

RS98

School Cricketer
Anyone know if you can put logos onto the umpire's shirts/hats or is that not available?

cd779

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
I now cannot play the game at all ... It crashes on start up and gets stuck on 'reading logo data ...' No idea how to solve that one without deleting everything I've downloaded and edited on my own console. Also haven't downloaded any other teams, stadiums etc since I last played.

atimlin

Club Cricketer
Like many others, I can't help but feel disappointed with the experience so far considering how much I've been hanging out for this. The big issue for me is the lack of 360 shot ability where each shot seems to go in eight or so different places no matter which combinatiom of foot and ball placement is selected. This obviously implications for hitting gaps. Also, the diving around of everyone and their donkey pulls me out of the experience everytime. I feel comfortable knowing that BigA are aware of these issues and I cant wait for some of this stuff to be looked at because I know that there is a great game at the heart of this release. The customisation options alone are brilliant!

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
How can we change our career mode players appearance whilst in career mode? Do we need to change their appearance in the academy and then the changes are reflected in the career mode? I wouldn't mind being able to change which bats/kit I want to use whilst already in a career mode

Users who are viewing this thread