Story Dreaming Of Glory, My Coaching Tale - Chapter 8 - Out Of A Job

harrisb

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
rahul, in cricket coach, you can take part in the auction, but only control your chosen team (deccan).

then, the player comes up, and you press continue, it sims the bidding up to your team, and you get the option to 'pass' or 'bid', if you click pass, it sims the rest of that players bidding, therefore meaning that i get zero control over what the other teams bid on or how much they bid.

i know it's unrealistic, but that's what it does, and i can't help it.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Oh!! Ok... Never heard this thing of Cricket Coach.. Sorry.. KIU mate...

harrisb

International Coach
He could provide some extra batting if needed later in the season, and also if i need to rest gilly for a match.

harrisb

International Coach
250px-DLF_IPL_logo.jpg

Bangalore Royal Challengers vs Deccan Chargers

A match that both teams will want to win, because it will give them the winning team a great boost at the beginning of the season.

Deccan Line-up:

A. Gilchrist (C) (Wk)
T. Suman
R. Ponting
R. Dravid
VVS. Laxman
A. Symonds
R. Sharma
S. Broad
D. Teja
P. Ojha
RP. Singh

Ok, let's go down live for the toss, we can join Richie Benaud live in the middle, Richie...

RB: Thanks mate, we're here in the middle awaiting the all important toss. The pitch looks great for batting, so expect some great batting today from both of these teams.
I've now been joined by today's captains, Bangalore's Mark Boucher, and Deccan's Adam Gilchrist.
So, without further ado, let's do the toss.
Mark Boucher: (Tossing the coin) Heads!
RB: Heads is the call, (Coin lands) It is heads, Mark, what are you going to do.
MB: We're gonna have a bat richie, it looks a great pitch for batting, so we'd like to get first use of it.
RB: That's great, I'll let you go and get ready.
MB: Thanks mate.

RB: So Adam, a bad toss to lose?
Adam Gilchrist: Ahh look mate, it's always bad to lose a toss, especially on a pitch like this, but I think our bowlers are up to the challenge and i think we are favourites.
RB: And you've got a few injuries in the squad at the moment?
AG: Yeah, unfortunately Scotty Styris will be out for a few days, i think he's twisted his ankle, nothing much though.
RB: And what about Arjun Yadav, we heard yesterday that he'd seriously hurt himself?
AG: Yes, Arjun seriously injured his neck yesterday, and i don't think that we'll see him much this season.
RB: Ok, thanks Adam, best of luck for the upcoming season.
AG: Thanks.

RB: So, Bangalore Royal Challengers have won the toss and chosen to bat, back to the studio.

Sunil Gavaskar: Thanks Richie, we're going for an ad-break now, but we'll be back soon with more action from the 3rd DLF IPL.

Bangalore innings coming next...

Last edited:

Aditya

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
You are hurrying with it way too much.

Mark Boucher called heads for Bangalore,
It is heads, Bangalore win the toss,
Boucher has chosen to bat.

This is not a proper presentation. You should make it realistic.

Aditya

ICC Board Member
Yes,It looks a lot better now. :)

Deccan lost the toss nonetheless their bowling looks solid hope they restrict Banglore for a low score.

harrisb

International Coach
Bangalore Royal Challengers vs Deccan Chargers

Hello, and welcome back to coverage of Bangalore against Deccan in the IPL. Before the break we brought you the toss, which Mark Boucher won for Bangalore, and chose to bat first on a pitch that is looking great to bat on first.
So, let's see what happens in the 1st Innings, Bangalore are batting first.

scorecard1.png

An innings that doesn't really reflect the pitch. It looks and plays like a dream for the batsmen, but Deccan bowled really well, and restricted Bangalore to a small total of just 137.
Deccan took the early advantage, by reducing Bangalore to 18/3, and kept taking wickets at the right times, meaning that the Bangalore batsmen didn't have time to settle and play some big shots. Stuart Broad, making his IPL and Deccan debut, began superbly, taking 2 wickets with his first 2 balls, including the big wicket of Jesse Ryder.
Bangalore found some hope with Boucher and Kumar, but even they got out after getting out, and only managed a 60-run partnership when Bangalore needed a big 100+ partnership the most. Poor performances from the middle order consisting of Ryder, Chipli, Kohli and Kevin Pietersen, adding just 12 runs between the four of them.
Deccan should chase this score easily, especially with the likes of Gilchrist and Ponting.

scorecard2.png

Deccan have chased the total easily, reaching the total in just 14.4 overs at over 9 runs per over.
A good performance began with Gilchrist and Suman scoring quick runs, and added 44 runs between them in just over 6 overs before Suman was bowled by Anil Kumble, but that wicket brought the most anticipated partnership to the crease, Adam Gilchrist and Ricky Ponting playing together for the first time in a long time. They continued to score at an ever increasing rate, but it wasn't the match winning partnership that some had predicted. Instead, Gilchrist got out on 33, leaving Deccan well placed on 77/2. Ponting followed soon after, and Laxman was bowled cheaply, the score was now 92/4 and the ship needed steadying, however, Andrew Symonds doesn't do defensive shots, and smashed Deccan to the low total that was needed to win the match.

Well, an interesting match there, Bangalore didn't play well, and Deccan took advantage of that and won their opening game of the season.

Thanks for joining us, and we hope to see you again soon.

Aditya

ICC Board Member
Good update,Harrisb. I would suggest you to use players real photos to make presentation better. You are writing well but still some player photos will make presentation better. Anyways good start for Deccan in IPL 3 lets see what they will manage to do in their next match.

MaD

Chairman of Selectors
Some serious big hitting from Deccan, it's hard to present with Cricket Coach but Ii guess you just gotta put a pic of the MOTM or the players that did well.

Users who are viewing this thread