EA Sports ditch Madden for PC - more to follow?

Cricketdude

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Yeah but if you don't have the money don't buy it, it's as simple as that. I also think having a programe like Steam for most games would be awesome, theres no way around Steam...

EDIT: What you said about games being overpriced, I totally disagree with that for one simple reason; think about how much it costs to make games these days, gaming is being as big as movies and is certainly costing a lot to make.

Isnt there Pacsteam?

I promise to everyone i dont have pacsteam. :)

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
No wonder you come up with any protection on PC, it WILL be cracked. Its probably because of the open and versatile nature of the PC. Starforce, for example, was cracked in 1 day after it was released. If microsoft could not stop Vista SP1 from being pirated, then....... you get the Idea. IMO Piraters are much more smarter than the ones who make such systems.

KBC

Panel of Selectors
EA = BCCI.

Good deal.

:mad:. Madden is the best i've ever played from the EA sports. peh!?, even talking about it is of no use now. All the fun is over. It's all over guys.:(.

D

Deleted member 9102

Edit: Chris Gayle

Last edited by a moderator:

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Yeah but as I said think about how much it costs to make the games, it costs millions at a time, so it's only fitting that they sell it to us for £40, were lucky it's not like 10-15 years back when games were around £65.

If people don't have money then they can't buy them it's as simple as that you can't get everything you want. (I don't mean YOU btw ;)).

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
I don't remember games being £65. I think for most games the price is reasonably fair, but sometimes you do feel a bit stitched up. Take C07 for example, it was a 15min rehash of C2005 they didn't spend that much developing that. But if you look at other games you think "wow, that must have taken some time to do".

lancashire666

International Coach
agrre with kev, if its a good game then its well worth buying, but who here would pay £40 for BLIC??? IF YOU SAY YES THEN YOUR A TOOL!!!!

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
I don't remember games being ?65. I think for most games the price is reasonably fair, but sometimes you do feel a bit stitched up. Take C07 for example, it was a 15min rehash of C2005 they didn't spend that much developing that. But if you look at other games you think "wow, that must have taken some time to do".

For Nintendo64 I remember new releases were around ?60-?65. Most games do take a lot of work and money so I'm more than happy to pay the full ammount. (If it's a good new game like FIFA next-gen).

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
I used to just go out and buy a game that looked decent on the box, but now I will get less games, but make sure they are the top notch ones.
I agree about some games being worth more than others, the top quality ones like next-gen Fifa and GTA IV (when its released, I'm sure it won't be a flop) are well worth their price but games like C07, BLIC, Fifa on PC/PS2, PES 08 which are very crappy games with little effort put in and/or a rehash of a previous version are very overpriced.
Most things have price ranges at release for different quality products, why not games?

I agree with the first part of your post. About most things having price ranges, reason I'm guessing they don't have price ranges is because a game like FIFA or something with hell effort and money put into, the developers can turn around and say; ''Well this games top quality so were going to make it ?80'' that would start happening. Plus how do they know their game is good even if money has gone into it?

lancashire666

International Coach
Yeah you are right, but I still think it is silly that games like BLIC and Bioshock were both the same price on their release days... That's like a Ferrari and a Skoda being the same price...

well, a ferrari and a skoda without an engine which is stuck at the bottom of a swamp maby

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Yeah you are right, but I still think it is silly that games like BLIC and Bioshock were both the same price on their release days... That's like a Ferrari and a Skoda being the same price...

Yeah I see your point, but I guess thats business. I'm guessing companies need money back that they spend on advertising and promoting their games.

Users who are viewing this thread