EA Sports ditch Madden for PC - more to follow?

lancashire666

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
well i think EA ditchig madden on the PC means i now ditch EA totally, it was the only ea game i bought on the PC and i now own a R4 for my DS so will simple refuse to buy a ea game on that format as well

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
I guess that EA has a tough decision, but I think that they need to work on getting PC games to be next gen graphics, or not bother altogether.

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Well, punk, think about it. It costs a lot to make games. But if they reduce the prices a bit, their volumes would go up, which could make up for the reduced margins. You know, its better to have the same margins and no piracy rather than diminishing sales and higher margins on each piece.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Yeah I suppose so but thats business men for you. I don't get why gaming companies dont like make a petition against these torrent sites and just get them all closed.

I'm pretty sure there used for illegal stuff more than they are for legal stuff.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
My point was they failed miserably when they tried, which is why Colin is laughing at the idea.

Oh right lol, that sucks then but do you guys actually think its all because of torrents, I doubt they don't put effort into games just because of Torrents....

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
Don't really see the point of dropping the games availability on PC's, afterall they are developed on PC's. Why not just drop support for lower end systems?

I agree 100%! I was hoping that the next Fifa would provide the PC with the next-gen version that seems to be so successful on PS3/Xbox 360, but chances are they won't even bother and we'll always be stuck with Konami's goddamn Master League!

Edit: Although, in this month's PC Gamer that arrived today, there's an article where EA question whether they need licences or not (both for teams and tournaments), if that's the case, hopefully someone like Konami could snap them up!

Last edited:

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Well, I guess getting off licenses could really help their financial position. Maybe, after releasing the game, they can somehow make a sister company or something which could offer the full names and properly licensed content for free. This way I guess they wouldn't need licenses, since licenses are only needed when you earn something off your product.

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Fifa wouldn't be Fifa without licenses, EA have very very deep pockets and are extremely unlikely to give the licenses up after having them since they started really.
I hope EA keep the licenses, Konami and PES are a shambles now and the sooner people realise this the better... Buying their crap products will only make them think people like it, which means they will recycle it again, and again, and again...

Try the Euro 2008 demo from the PSN network (you have a PS3) just to see how far EA have come.
I can't seem to be able to believe who's the one saying that?:D:D lol Good job, keep it up. :D :p

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Madman is like a chameleon (are they the ones that keep changing? lol).

I think FIFA in it's current state would still be amazing with or without licences tbh. Just off topic, for some reason I can see KONAMI bringing out a really good looking PES game....if they are really going to overhaul it like they say...

Users who are viewing this thread