wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Seems odd to not be bowling Rehan.
data-star-trek.gif

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
Azhar has still averaged in the 40s over his last 20-odd Tests. He only averages sub-40 against England and South Africa, and even though most of his runs have come in Asia I don't think any of the criticism has been fair really. If anything, his reputation has suffered from the fact that his home Tests this year have been played on roads, and that has kind of devalued everyone's runs. There's a perception that they can just get anyone in who'll do comparably well to Azhar in these conditions. Which ehhhh... kinda?

View attachment 273888

Azhar has done absolutely fine though. He's just not as young as Shafique or as pretty as Babar
Thanks for the insight. I always thought in the subcontinent, cricketers who are laid back are often easier to target while the 'in your face' and aggressive cricketers are not doubted upon usually. You can see that with the example of Pant getting chances in ODIs and T20Is despite a poor record while someone like Sanju Samson sits out inexplicably. May be this has to do with the notion that these quite cricketers will take the brunt without making much furor.

I always thought Azhar was Pakistan's Puajara and Ajinkya Rahane was India's Asad Shafique. Very similar cricketers and record if you have a look. The latter two were immensely talented and skillful but didn't do justice due to their inconsistency.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
A fine career by Azhar Ali however he could have achieved a lot more. I believe that Australia series should have been his last one.

Coming to the 3rd test, Pakistan doesn't deserve to win it with this average performance.

Rehan seems a good prospect but English Media gave him much hype than deserved. Pakistan currently on the way to make a debutant a hero and legend one more time

Skankhunt_42

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
PAK losing the way here.
Interestingly Root the bowler is surprising me even more. Quite a spectacle!

Bevab

Staff Member
PAK losing the way here.
Interestingly Root the bowler is surprising me even more. Quite a spectacle!

Root is an underrated spinner. He’s genuinely put in the work to hone his skill despite being England’s premier batter in two formats.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
One side has a visionary coach, the other someone who is barely a coach. The difference in mindset is legible.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Until or unless we get a whitewash from here, things not gonna change. Maybe this defeat can turn things over for the Future of our test cricket.
Problem is, we’re playing another series starting next Monday. PCB is also going through changes. We might have to bear another 2-0 vs NZ first

Skankhunt_42

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Problem is, we’re playing another series starting next Monday. PCB is also going through changes. We might have to bear another 2-0 vs NZ first
Hold on bro... PAK has Nauman and Abrar. 170 odd might hand us a cracking game. :spy

Users who are viewing this thread