England tour of South Africa - 2019-20

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
I am keeping a bit grounded as this is the most average South Africa side I've seen.

That and they did beat us quite comfortably in the 1st test - there are bigger tests to come for the Silverwood era, but there does seem to be light at the ned of the tunnel. Time for cautious optimism tbh

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
I'm concerned that praising Pope to the skies, as everyone is doing, is going to doom him. It's happened before. Remember Hasseb Hameed?

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
I'm concerned that praising Pope to the skies, as everyone is doing, is going to doom him. It's happened before. Remember Hasseb Hameed?

Aye, they way he's being built up is concerning, its only one Ton. He's 2 ducks in this match away from being the worst thing in the world.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I am not that concerned about him being doomed. His average is double that of Zak Crawley, one of his peers, he's in a league of his own domestically. They just need to avoid doing what they tried for the last couple of years under Bayliss, sacrificing other players to solve out of form players problems, by moving him to 3.

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
I am not that concerned about him being doomed. His average is double that of Zak Crawley, one of his peers, he's in a league of his own domestically. They just need to avoid doing what they tried for the last couple of years under Bayliss, sacrificing other players to solve out of form players problems, by moving him to 3.

I do agree with this tbf, The highest he should ever go is 5 at a push, I hope we just glue him to 6 for the next 10 years.

Bevab

Staff Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
South Africa going ahead with Rassie at three while Hamza is dropped with Bavuma back in is ridiculous.

The current team is in serious need of an overhaul with potentially world class stars backed rather than the current bunch of domestic veterans who are unlikely to improve much. This includes the likes of Hendricks, Rassie, Bavuma, Pretorius and Paterson.

Master Bates

School Cricketer
India
ENG....
DD.....
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Rassie, Pretorius
Rassie definitely deserves chances. Pretorius also did not do very badly. Yes, I agree with you that they have to back young players rather than filling their team with domestic stars completely.

The likes of Bavuma, Hendricks are definitely not good enough.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
South Africa going ahead with Rassie at three while Hamza is dropped with Bavuma back in is ridiculous.

The current team is in serious need of an overhaul with potentially world class stars backed rather than the current bunch of domestic veterans who are unlikely to improve much. This includes the likes of Hendricks, Rassie, Bavuma, Pretorius and Paterson.
I expect Bavuma coming back in is as much to do with Rabada being out than anything. He did get a 180 for Lions last week too.

D

Dutch

On the other hand Broady! What an utter legend![DOUBLEPOST=1579954762][/DOUBLEPOST]seriously is there anything more joyous than a genuine tailender wallopfest?

Users who are viewing this thread