Well, Bavuma won't be playing first match so my guess is:

Elgar
Markram
Hamza
Du Plessis
Van der Dussen
P Malan/Pretorius
De Kock (could even bat at 6)
Philander/Phehlukwayo (Philander to begin with)
Maharaj/Dane Paterson/Beuran Hendricks (depending upon pitch but my preference is Hendricks because of left arm angle)
Rabada (only if he is fully fit as his recent performances have been below average and in Dane Paterson, you have an in-form and experienced bowler who I guess is at 100%)
Nortje

D

Dutch

Here we go boys....i see even Anderson bats ahead of Broad these days....Anderson at 10! I remember when Broad was a genuine allrounder.

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
Fairly even day I'd say. If you're England you have to be disappointed to not be batting considering the positions we got into

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Okay so like... let's talk about Sam Curran

He keeps on getting wickets, and maintaining an average under 30. And I keep on not fully understanding it because I've been kinda force-fed a diet of "fast bowlers must be big and tall and fast and angry". This doesn't really make sense when a skinny 5'9" smiling medium-pacer keeps on getting wickets. I mean that's eight inches shorter than me.

But if I put aside all these preconceptions and just think of who he's a bit like, I end up with Chaminda Vaas. The same sort of pace, same build, same style of bowler. Even the same combative lower-order batting style. Let us hope that he can keep going at a similar standard because there are few better players to model oneself off.

upload_2019-12-26_19-43-49.png

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
Okay so like... let's talk about Sam Curran

He keeps on getting wickets, and maintaining an average under 30. And I keep on not fully understanding it because I've been kinda force-fed a diet of "fast bowlers must be big and tall and fast and angry". This doesn't really make sense when a skinny 5'9" smiling medium-pacer keeps on getting wickets. I mean that's eight inches shorter than me.

But if I put aside all these preconceptions and just think of who he's a bit like, I end up with Chaminda Vaas. The same sort of pace, same build, same style of bowler. Even the same combative lower-order batting style. Let us hope that he can keep going at a similar standard because there are few better players to model oneself off.

View attachment 228881

Hes insanely accurate and bowls left arm. Looks a nightmare to bat against

RUDI

Administrator
Admin
SRH...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Champions League Winner
Par score here for RSA. Our tail really frustrating the English. Curran is bowling good lengths with good accuracy. This pitch is going to be a nightmare for batsman in the third and four innings. Looking forward to see what Philander and Nortje do here against the English batsman.

Users who are viewing this thread