Good Bye India.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Can't take a bit of criticism Shravi? We have to come on here and consistently listen to you lot, and then when somebody posts something against the Indians you result in taking a cheap shot at their home country?

Pakistan are in the semis. India aren't. You can't get much plainer than that.

Can't read Blake? I said I would have happily admitted that India didn't deserve to go through to the semis if by some miracle they did so yesterday.

This thread, coming from an understandably happy Pakistani fan (seeing as Pakistan is through and India is out) is useless because it questions various aspects of Indian cricket (captaincy, IPL fatigue, depth, etc) when Pakistan has many of the same issues and more. They are just being ignored because they luckily reached the semi finals, but make no mistake, they are still there.

Don't try to pull your psychoanalytic skills on me and tell me that this is just a bitter Indian fan (as Pakistan got through and India didn't) as Pakistan is my second team. I want them to go on and win this.

Last edited:

Gurjot95

National Board President
No offence but most of Indians here wanted Pakistan to win if India didn't go to finals or semis but why some Pakistan fans always wanted India to loss (from my experience), no matter if they are through or not?.

aditya123

National Board President
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Dhoni and Kris Srikanth's Idly Sambhar formula is ruling Cricket in India along with Wada Pav of Sarad Pawar.

Until this ends, India won't win any World Cup.

No offence to any Tamilians- Maharastrians, except Kris Srikanth and players who are getting the advantage.:)

That is nonsense. We`ve had a bunch of 4-5 players from Delhi alone. Don`t know how that becomes bias towards Tamil Nadu players.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
That is nonsense. We`ve had a bunch of 4-5 players from Delhi alone. Don`t know how that becomes bias towards Tamil Nadu players.

Binnu is angry because Hyderabad can't produce any cricketers of note after VVS Laxman ;).

kripss

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Its so pathetic to see no one really tries to blame IPL and stop it once and for all. Imo, IPL shud b held after T20 WC (ie after Mar-Apr). Then, play as much as u want tiring urself as hell. Happened twice, in '09, IPL held just before the WC. Injuries caught India before semis with utter poor performance. Then, same happened this year too. Same time for IPL, next came T20WC. Got injuries, tired body, mentally too and blah blah.

What happens next year?? T20WC is not everyone's dream. The eyes are on that big trophy - World Cup. If IPL is held just before that, its all over, no matter which team wins in the IPL, who performs nice. Nothing will matter in WC coz once again u wil have same things with u when u will have to attend the big event WC.

Just before writing this, was watching a local news channel which was showing how Dhoni was saying that "when you get paid such a high price for playing a franchisee, you are obliged to get through atleast semis..." and i said well said Dhoni. Playing for money > Playing for nation???? Never heard this from any captain before - be it an indian former captain or any other nation's.

Besides IPL to blame, the players shud learn from their mistakes too. As the news channel was showing "Dhoni didnt learned from his mistakes" which is 1000% true. Learn from Aussies how their each and every batsmen tries to get settled down first, they never try to just come - slog - miscue - caught - go back. When it comes to India, once wickets starts to fall, it just continues, no one tries to get settled on the crease. Learn from Aussies wats reflex, quickness, agility is on the field. Learn from England whats teamwork.

Oh well, its not the end of cricket, this will continue forever. When they will win, everyone wil say "WE LOVE U DHONI OMG!!!". When they lose "OMG WHAT HAVE U DONE!!"...

Now try to reach atleast super8 of WC next year.

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India

They do perform, even if there are many players from Delhi.
Virender Sehwag- Gautam Gambhir : The No.1 opening pair!
Ishant Sharma (before IPL): Made Ricky Ponting tremble.
Amit Mishra: 5 wickets on his debut and consistent wicket taker.

But players from Mumbai and Chennai are being given more chances, when compared to other players.
Why don't you pick Mainsh Pandey/Venugopal Rao/Swapnil Asnodkar/Manoj Tiwary/Shreevats Goswami as a player for tournament against Zimbabwe after failure of Murali Vijay in WC? Why you go again for Murali Vijay to make him hit couple of match winning knocks against Zimbabwe, and make them permanent in the squad without seeing his performance against decent equivalent opponent?

Binnu is angry because Hyderabad can't produce any cricketers of note after VVS Laxman ;).
Pragyan Ojha, NRohit Sharma FTW! They both are gonna rock the total world some day for sure!

Rohit Sharma belongs to Andhra Pradesh basically.

And, Pragyan Ojha was going to be selected if he din't had his marriage scheduled.

He himself was not interested in going to T20 WC due to his marriage on 16th May with the auspicious time for marriages (Muhurth) being very less these days due to some "Adhik Mas" in Hindu calender.

Moreover, I don't want any Hyderabadi's or Kannigas in the side (if they don't do well) as I want the team to be selected as per players performance, not based on where they live or something else:cool:.

saiyaman

Club Cricketer
The moment I saw the Indian Batsmen struggling against short pitched deliveries (yet again!).....I decided this was going to be a 80% loss to a 20% win ratio.

You would have thought that they would have shown at least a little improvement from the fiasco last year against.....no prizes for guessing....West Indies yet again. Many got out with almost the same short pitched delivery and it seemed like a carbon copy of last year's World Cup sometimes to be honest.

EDIT: I would also like to add that whatever experience was gained in IPL was blown to the scrapyard. In the IPL, batsman face a barrage of yorkers from good bowlers. Now come to the bouncy pitches, and you're as new as anyone can ever be to it. India should have played a few warm up matches to get used to the conditions.

Last edited:

Prithvi

India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Its so pathetic to see no one really tries to blame IPL and stop it once and for all. Imo, IPL shud b held after T20 WC (ie after Mar-Apr). Then, play as much as u want tiring urself as hell. Happened twice, in '09, IPL held just before the WC. Injuries caught India before semis with utter poor performance. Then, same happened this year too. Same time for IPL, next came T20WC. Got injuries, tired body, mentally too and blah blah.

What happens next year?? T20WC is not everyone's dream. The eyes are on that big trophy - World Cup. If IPL is held just before that, its all over, no matter which team wins in the IPL, who performs nice. Nothing will matter in WC coz once again u wil have same things with u when u will have to attend the big event WC.

Just before writing this, was watching a local news channel which was showing how Dhoni was saying that "when you get paid such a high price for playing a franchisee, you are obliged to get through atleast semis..." and i said well said Dhoni. Playing for money > Playing for nation???? Never heard this from any captain before - be it an indian former captain or any other nation's.

Besides IPL to blame, the players shud learn from their mistakes too. As the news channel was showing "Dhoni didnt learned from his mistakes" which is 1000% true. Learn from Aussies how their each and every batsmen tries to get settled down first, they never try to just come - slog - miscue - caught - go back. When it comes to India, once wickets starts to fall, it just continues, no one tries to get settled on the crease. Learn from Aussies wats reflex, quickness, agility is on the field. Learn from England whats teamwork.

Oh well, its not the end of cricket, this will continue forever. When they will win, everyone wil say "WE LOVE U DHONI OMG!!!". When they lose "OMG WHAT HAVE U DONE!!"...

Same here, but an hour Ago.

I saw Dhoni's speech after some CSK victory ,"Well, we need to win to answer the franchisees".

That sentence clearly states that Dhoni is meant for playing only IPL, not for India.

The other day he was answering for a question "What do you think is main cause for consecutive loses?" with "Well, I'm not responsible for it. Every player has some weakness, so you have to ask them individually".

He takes responsibility to answer his franchisee if CSK loses(undoubtedly for bucks), but when it comes to India, he don;t want to take any responsibility.

Thanks IPL, for eating International cricket:sarcasm!

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
They do perform, even if there are many players from Delhi.
Virender Sehwag- Gautam Gambhir : The No.1 opening pair!
Ishant Sharma (before IPL): Made Ricky Ponting tremble.
Amit Mishra: 5 wickets on his debut and consistent wicket taker.

But players from Mumbai and Chennai are being given more chances, when compared to other players.
Why don't you pick Mainsh Pandey/Venugopal Rao/Swapnil Asnodkar/Manoj Tiwary/Shreevats Goswami as a player for tournament against Zimbabwe after failure of Murali Vijay in WC? Why you go again for Murali Vijay to make him hit couple of match winning knocks against Zimbabwe, and make them permanent in the squad without seeing his performance against decent equivalent opponent?

Pragyan Ojha, NRohit Sharma FTW! They both are gonna rock the total world some day for sure!

Rohit Sharma belongs to Andhra Pradesh basically.

BTW, Rohit Sharma`s cricket has had nothing to do with Andhra or Hyderabad. He is basically from the Mumbai school of cricket.

Murali Vijay is clearly a test match prospect with his technique. He was`nt in the side because of biased selection policy. He has done reasonably well in test match cricket against Australia and Lanka and even looked decent against SA but threw away starts. He is one of the most talented players around and you should`nt look at T20 cricket at all when talking of ability. Warner is a regular in the Aussie T20 side but you never see him in the Aussie ODI sides consistently.

We should`nt overreact on the basis of T20 tournaments. You should never associate too much importance to good performances in T20s, nor should you draw too much from T20 debacles excep for a few cases like Yuseless Pathan where you clearly know that he is`nt someone of international standard. I also get the feeling that our side does not take the format seriously at the international level and pretty much take success in T20Is for granted after the IPL.

aditya123 added 2 Minutes and 17 Seconds later...

First of all,the World Cup will be played from Feb-April 2011 and the IPL would be played once the WC gets over. Secondly, there will be no Super 8s in the World Cup next year.:D And finally, you guys watch a bit too much of Indian news channels, which yoiu should`nt. They are very good at over-reaction.

Last edited:

Prithvi

India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
BTW, Rohit Sharma`s cricket has had nothing to do with Andhra or Hyderabad. He is basically from the Mumbai school of cricket.

Murali Vijay is clearly a test match prospect with his technique. He was`nt in the side because of biased selection policy. He has done reasonably well in test match cricket against Australia and Lanka and even looked decent against SA but threw away starts. He is one of the most talented players around and you should`nt look at T20 cricket at all when talking of ability. Warner is a regular in the Aussie T20 side but you never see him in the Aussie ODI sides consistently.

We should`nt overreact on the basis of T20 tournaments. You should never associate too much importance to good performances in T20s, nor should you draw too much from T20 debacles excep for a few cases like Yuseless Pathan where you clearly know that he is`nt someone of international standard. I also get the feeling that our side does not take the format seriously at the international level and pretty much take success in T20Is for granted after the IPL.

Exactly what I say! The main reason of selecting Vijay was that ton which came in fluke in IPL. The pitch was designed hard and luckily CSK batted first. He was sent opening and just did what a medi-core player can do in such conditions.

And Okay, I do agree, Murali Vijay is a legend:sarcasm!

Why don't you try someone else rather than tasting old curry?

Its tour against Zimbabwe and Sri Lanka, where the winner is decided before the tournament starts (Sri Lanka).

Why don't you pick Manish Pandey or Robin Uthappa or Venugopal Rao or Shreevats Goswami in place of Murali Vijay?

Why do you just eat only one curry all the time?

Murali Vijay has got some international experience, but what about young Pandey? He has been ignored since last year!

He has record of hitting most number of runs in Ranji Trophy 2009-10. Is Manish Pandey not a Human Race player? Whats wrong in selecting him? Why do you want to keep on increasing experience of Murali Vijay and Rohit Shamra?

Richer gets even richer and poorer gets even poorer.

Binnu added 1 Minutes and 26 Seconds later...

First of all,the World Cup will be played from Feb-April 2011 and the IPL would be played once the WC gets over. Secondly, there will be no Super 8s in the World Cup next year.:D And finally, you guys watch a bit too much of Indian news channels, which yoiu should`nt. They are very good at over-reaction.

:rtfl:laugh

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Rohit Sharma is from Mumbai--Maharashtra if you want to stretch it since he was born in Nagpur. But apart from the Chargers, he has never played cricket for any domestic outfit apart from Mumbai.

Pragyan Ojha played for Hyderabad but was born in Orissa.

And, Pragyan Ojha was going to be selected if he din't had his marriage scheduled.

He himself was not interested in going to T20 WC due to his marriage on 16th May with the auspicious time for marriages (Muhurth) being very less these days due to some "Adhik Mas" in Hindu calender.
There are supposed to be 60,000 marriages in Mumbai on that day. Mind-boggling.

Prithvi

India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Rohit Sharma is from Mumbai--Maharashtra if you want to stretch it since he was born in Nagpur. But apart from the Chargers, he has never played cricket for any domestic outfit apart from Mumbai.

Pragyan Ojha played for Hyderabad but was born in Orissa.

I said that his native place was Khammam (belongs to Andhra Pradesh). I even do know that he don't have any cricketing relations with Andhra Pradesh or Hyderabad.:)

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
So Pragyan Ojha didnt participate in the World Cup because he wanted to marry?

P

pcfan123

Pointless thread and really sad the way Pakistanis take pleasure in the misfortune of Indians. I guess the one in a billion occurrence when Pakistan has succeeded where India has not, makes them get all hopped up.

Id rather honestly lose and go home like the Indians than follow a liar and a cheat captain.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread