Group B - 9th Match Netherslands v Pakistan

I see you ignored West Indies there, which would have been the obvious choice. Bangladesh are not minnows, but they are underdogs.
It's a bit of a joke about the seeding, with Bangladesh a very good chance to progress through to the 8s as a result, but I actually think the Windies are bad enough at T20 for such a label to be justified. In spite of their strengths, they just have an amazing capacity to play bad cricket.

LMAO, listed to the radio report and they said England threw the opener. An overthrow gives the Dutch the dream start lol. Still can't believe England's bowlers botched up the great start by the openers.

None the less, well played by Netherlands, de Grooth a well timed 49 and nice all round game by ten Doeschate.

Chances of Worldcup winner in % :p.......

SouthAfrica 50 %

Australia 25 %

Black Caps 10 %

India 05 %

Srilanka 05 %

Netherlands 03 %

Pakistan 02 %
:onpc

not that shocking. england's board whinging about the format, the "we can win it" but "just a bit of fun" attitude. Seemed to think they would trash other countries taking it seriously. Holland desperately want to do well because it's a world stage and 20/20 gives them more of a chance. Most of the other countries sound like they're taking it pretty seriously as well.

rashid going for 9 an over as well is hardly surprising seeing he's shown no limited over credentials. Samit Patel can pop another packet of pringles and laugh 'til his belly wobbles.

Broad threw lunged himself at the stumps and still missed. It was a decent last over but, wow, almost as bad as Ganguly.

Colly's decision making was poor. Rashid was getting tonked and was still chosen and Sidebottom bowled an abysmal penultimate over. Is Andrew Flintoff the onl player in our team who can bowl a decent yorker? Where's James Kirtley at?

Wow, just watched the highlights. Was Stuart Broad actually playing for the Netherlands? Every single ball in the final over he made a poor error.
I didn't think 160 was a good score but still didn't expect England to blow it. Shoddy fielding and brainless batting and now we have to beat Pakistan to stay in. Rubbish.

Chances of Worldcup winner in % :p.......

SouthAfrica 50 %

Australia 25 %

Black Caps 10 %

India 05 %

Srilanka 05 %

Netherlands 03 %

Pakistan 02 %
:onpc

:eek::rolleyes: What the crap??? South Africa at 50% and India at 5%?

I dont expect England to beat Pakistan (they are a better T20 side than England). England have to pull up a very special one to beat Pakistan and stay alive (they should hope Pakistan lose to Netherlands so that their game vs Pakistan becomes a knockout).

I haven't caught up but was KP rested for this match?

I've got a feeling he might have played if it was against a Test nation. Maybe he and the management thought they could win easily with the rest of the players. Also Swann didn't play as well. It took me some time as well to see that he didn't play.

This is the other match that the Netherlands won against England: http://static.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/1980S/1989/OTHERS+ICC/ENG-XI_IN_NL/ENG-XI_NL-XI_16AUG1989.html It was 20 years ago. Alec Stewart got a duck and Nasser Hussain scored 21 runs.

Last edited:
Shocking...nobody would have expected Netherland to win ,but thats the nature of 20-20..anybody can win,2-3 overs changes the course of game...

Anderson bowled well,he can swing the ball in air,so its helpful on those tracks,that's why he got 3 wickets,now Eng have to win remaining match win big margin,if they have to stay in competetion

I've got a feeling he might have played if it was against a Test nation. Maybe he and the management thought they could win easily with the rest of the players. Also Swann didn't play as well. It took me some time as well to see that he didn't play.

This is the other match that the Netherlands won against England: Netherlands XI v England XI at Amstelveen, 16 Aug 1989 It was 20 years ago. Alec Stewart got a duck and Nasser Hussain scored 21 runs.

and thats what they get!! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread