Newlands, Cape Town

Thu 13 September 6th Match, Group B - England v Zimbabwe
Newlands, Cape Town

Fri 14 September 9th Match, Group B - Australia v England
Newlands, Cape Town

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Zimbabwe showed some great form against South Africa. Maybe they can cause an upset against England.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
Snape's moon ball will get all 10 wickets against Zmbabwe, provided we haven't all ready bowled them out :p

irottev

School Cricketer
With England's team lacking experiance, I wouldn't be surprised if Zimbabwe sneak a win. They did have a strong series against one of the top ODI sides.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
'Lacking experience'?! England have by far played the most twenty20s out of all the nations.

Vcassano

Club Cricketer
England will not lost to Zimbabwe, there is not a chance that they will.

irottev

School Cricketer
'Lacking experience'?! England have by far played the most twenty20s out of all the nations.

A lot of their squad lack any international experience is what I meant. They don't lack domestic twenty/20 experience however.

So thats not what I meant, and England havn't 'by far' played the most Twenty/20's at all. New Zealand is right up there with England having played about 6?

And lol, saying that Vcassano is just jinxing England. You're practically asking for it to happen. I think Zimbabwe are going to have problems in the bowling department though. A little too expensive and wayward at times.

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
A lot of their squad lack any international experience is what I meant. They don't lack domestic twenty/20 experience however.

So thats not what I meant, and England havn't 'by far' played the most Twenty/20's at all. New Zealand is right up there with England having played about 6?

And lol, saying that Vcassano is just jinxing England. You're practically asking for it to happen. I think Zimbabwe are going to have problems in the bowling department though. A little too expensive and wayward at times.
Domestic Cricket, England have the longest Twenty20 domestic comp, so their players have the most experience.

England are a chance to beat Australia, it's T20 and T20 is quite dodgy. Anyone can win on their day.

Vcassano

Club Cricketer

Oh I know, if we do lose I will really be humiliated :(

angryangy

ICC Chairman
I see what he means though, the team they put forth is quite makeshift and may be a bit awkward, especially early on. I've noted England, Pakistan and India (South Africa also, but to a lesser extent) are opting for the youth/fringe strategy, the other teams going largely unchanged. The strategy may pay off, but it is something of a risk. To at least be a useful experiment, the teams have to make it past the first round.

I'll still be surprised if Zimbabwe make over 130 in either game.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
I'm hoping Australia will not have any problems. BTW is Fredy playin'?

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
I'm hoping Australia will not have any problems. BTW is Fredy playin'?

i'm hoping they do, it'll make this tournamet a little less obvious who's gonna win it! :p

Users who are viewing this thread