Group B - Australia, England, Zimbabwe

RoboRocks

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'll give them credit for trying but at the end of the day they don't belong playing international cricket but thats another story.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
I have to disagree. There were a few players missing in the games, but the core was still there. Why can't anyone just give Zimbabwe a little credit for putting in a decent performance.
Well done, Zimbabwe. You went down 3-0 to a team that didn't even try to beat you and was probably drunk for the final match.

irottev

School Cricketer
They belong more then these sides like Kenya, Uganda, etc. Now that Taibu is back it helps them.

Zimbabwe deserve their place in this tournament more then Scotland and Kenya do.

legspinner@fred

Club Cricketer
Not really because of cricketing reasons, more political.
In cricket only politics..
Scotland have done nothing wrong in their union.

The ZCU on the other hand..i'm still looking for answers after they just sacking people for nothing, giving no reason.
They aren't playing tests at the moment, something went wrong there.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
They belong more then these sides like Kenya, Uganda, etc. Now that Taibu is back it helps them.

Zimbabwe deserve their place in this tournament more then Scotland and Kenya do.
That just creates a vicious cycle. Zimbabwe have the resources and the ICC up their backside. What they deserve has to be judged by different criteria to the teams made of players with day jobs. The point is that Zimbabwe have a distinct advantage over any associate and yet it is not so clear on the scorecards.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India

If you saw the last two matches they played against SA,it was just fantastic.
The Zim side is really improving.
To score 250 and almost 300 against a SA attack comprising of Pollock and Ntini is no-joke.

irottev

School Cricketer
Well I don't know much about the politics and that stuff, so I can only base my opinion on their current form.

aussie_ben91

School Cricketer
As shocking as it sounds, losing Ponting wouldn't even be that big of a blow. Just shows you how disvaluing Twenty20 is.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Yes, twenty20 is devaluing, it is the reason I am not a fan of watching or playing it (although it is a fantastic day out to watch one, I mean I do not like watching the cricket itself as much). Each run is devalued and wickets are more lucky than earned, it is why I prefer watching Test cricket on tough pitches to all else, because each run is a struggle and each wicket, the result of tight bowling, not a rash shot.

Back on topic, I think losing Ponting will not be a massive blow but I imagine he would do just what he does in tests and ODIs and score heavily and consistantly and so is a massive asset to his team.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Interesting, because I love playing it, a few new challenges once a season is quite fun.

Well, I might have been fibbing a bit, the whole atmosphere of twenty20 is fun and batting is ok but I don't enjoy bowling in twenty20s, you get slogged around and when you get a wicket, you are like "meh, I didn't earn that".

Users who are viewing this thread