Group B - Australia, England, Zimbabwe

As shocking as it sounds, losing Ponting wouldn't even be that big of a blow. Just shows you how disvaluing Twenty20 is.

I think he would. He holds the best score in a Twenty/20 still from the very first game. That was a great innings.

Yeah, that 98 not out was sick.

One week till the meyhem starts.

Good to see him back but Bopara is going to miss the Twenty20. :(

Flintoff is doubtful as well.
Just when England could of had a chance of winning. :(

Good to see him back but Bopara is going to miss the Twenty20. :(

Flintoff is doubtful as well.
Just when England could of had a chance of winning. :(
And ironically, the omitted Ian Bell has been the power player for England, 337 runs at a strikerate of 93.

And ironically, the omitted Ian Bell has been the power player for England, 337 runs at a strikerate of 93.

Pretty funny. I didn't see that. But Bopara is out of the tournament now. Maybe Bell will replace him.

Why would you drop someone that has been that good form? England really confuse me here.

Bells not one for big hitting as such, he could be useful. I think the players like Wright will be more useful though if you get pitches like the bullring last year in that Aus - SA game where big hitting is pretty easy if your a a half decent batsman with strong shoulders.

Bell is a player who will work it around for a lot of singles and two's. Which is why his strike rate has been so high so far, he's very god at finding gaps and rotating the strike. He wouldn't work in 20/20 because you must bat at well over a strike rate of 100. He doesn't have the boundary hitting ability to do this.

Bell is a player who will work it around for a lot of singles and two's. Which is why his strike rate has been so high so far, he's very god at finding gaps and rotating the strike. He wouldn't work in 20/20 because you must bat at well over a strike rate of 100. He doesn't have the boundary hitting ability to do this.
He's averaging 7+ boundaries per innings against India and I wouldn't have ever really said he was a player who struggles to find a reasonable number. Rather, he's the sort of player who doesn't turn a lot of good balls into runs. He can be a bit of a plant at the crease.

Users who are viewing this thread