Group B - Australia, England, Zimbabwe

Sagacious

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Who is humiliating WHOM now...:p

BTW...England are through to the 2nd round!

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
What the hell? Advanced, and then down on a knee to slog sweep it for 6. Unusual shot in this unusual game.

Omg! What a catch! That's a brilliant catch. As easy as you like, he just plonks his left hand in the air, and the ball sticks! Great!

3 fours in a row. Great stuff!

Last edited:

legspinner@fred

Club Cricketer
Well i'd rather lose to the World Champions than lose to Zimbabwe honestly so don't play that card!

Kirtley's death has been a bit depressing.
I hope he can get it right eventually.

And if we can get Snape in somewhere, give him a game, something differant I suppose.

rabbie

School Cricketer
The whole game looked like England were playing with losing ( not by too much) in mind. The decision to bat first and then getting a pedestrian 120 plus more or less guaranteed they pregress. Any team batting second are always going to pace themseves so never likely to win in the 10 overs Australia had to to put England out. Even then, australia won with 5 overs in hand - a real doing in 20/20 terms.

Zimbabwe got a bum deal here - they were competitive in both matches, unlike England, but went out. Victims of a very odd initial three teams per qualifying group format, brought in to give the smaller nations an outing I suspect, but ironcally doing in Zimbabwe despite an excellent showing.

legspinner@fred

Club Cricketer
If England played like Zimbabwe in Englands first match, they wouldn't be classed as competitive, it's only because they were Zimbabwe you'd class a 135 to 190 a competitive chase..

So I wouldn't say that.
Zimbabwe won a game of cricket, they did well,couldn't get the NRR up, it's unfortunate but thats cricket.

The groups not meaning much in this cup after the initial games!

Last edited:

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
Not exactly a surprise to see us lose, whether we were too defensive i don't know but from what i've heard it seems that way and you can't play defensively against Australia. Hopefully this hasn't battered our confidence because i honestly believe we can win this tournament. Lets face the facts, we're not going to beat Australia twice in 1 tournament so its probably best to lose this one and hammer them later on :p

legspinner@fred

Club Cricketer
Get Snape in then?
I don't know why, I just feel that Snape in would just work.
But you can't really drop Schofield, and can't play 2 spinners really, so that stuffs that idea.

Keep Kirtley?
Australia were always going to win this for me, because when the Australians get annoyed by a result the team playing the next is buggered by the anger...

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Who is humiliating WHOM now...:p
Thats Pietersen's main problem, he needs to learn to keep his bloody mouth shut and concentrate on cricket sometimes, the Indian's managed to get him mouthing off all the time in the recent series and his performances were terrible.

legspinner@fred

Club Cricketer
I'd ignore the Pietersen thing.

Pietersen wants a bit of an on field arguement to help his batting I imagine, because he's a player who needs something to keep him hungry for runs, but when he cocks up he looks a bit like a cock..up.

Seemed all smiles at the end though.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
The thing is, it winds the opposition up and they raise their game, then he doesn't back himself up. He should concentrate on his cricket, if he can't Collingwood and Vaughan need to club together and buy a big sticking plaster :p

Users who are viewing this thread