Hindi Music Thread

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
You got to love Jai Ho in Slumdog Millionaire, Its an epic song. By my brother from another mother AR Rahman.

mukund_nadkarni

Club Cricketer
Yeah Mob, Indian Ocean has produced some of the best music to come out of India yet! But as for film music, they've composed music for a solitary film, Black Friday. That was good too! Overall, of all Hindi film music composers, I'd put RD Burman on top, with AR Rahman second by some distance. RD is in front simply because his music has stood the test of time, across different generations. However Rahman at his best will rival the world's finest. Roja for instance was second on the list of all time best film music compiled by TIME. Indian Ocean is in a different league altogether though. Hindi film music, despite some good music every now and then, is overall a decadent one. 99.99% of all Hindi film songs are love songs! 99.99% of the time, these love songs are set to some really crap music. Lyrics are always full of cliches, so much so I could make one just putting them all together! Which is also why I don't understand why AR is still composing Bollywood music! Bring on your solo albums AR, puhlease!!

.Mob

International Coach
Definitely agree, AR's prowess would be put into best use if he concentrated on solo stuff, perferably concept albums, as then he can show us the full extent of his talent.

The Black Friday OST was absolutely brilliant, fits the bill for the film perfectly (which was equally as good, if not, better). Bandeh is such a good song. Only band that are on par with Indian Ocean, in terms of talent and quality are Avial.

mukund_nadkarni

Club Cricketer
Every now and then AR does some jingles for ads, like the 'Ishwar Allah' one about Gandhi,and the music is simply amazing. And every time you hear that the more you wonder what AR could do with some solo music albums!

.Mob

International Coach
I must say though, my absolute favorite Hindi song ever is Pehla Nasha. Always has been, and most probably will continue to be so. I love it to bits.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
I heard a lot of good music this time back. The one thing with Hindi OST's these days is they all sound alike. I was thinking back, there was a time (probably in the 90's) where you could recognize which movie a song came from by listening to it. Now, there are so many songs that I hear and know but have no idea what movie they came from. In fact, the last movie I remember where the songs were very unique and distinguishable was Rang De Basanti.

Anyways, these are my favs from the latter half of 2008:

Ghajini
Guzarish
Aye Bachchu
Behka

Jaane Tu Ya Jaane
Kabhi Kabhi Aditi Zindagi
Pappu Can't Dance

Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi
Tujh Mein Rab Dikhta Hai
Haule Haule
Dance Pe Chance

Rock On!!
Pichle Saat Dinon Mein
Rock On!!

Dil Kabaddi
Uthale Ya Phenk De
Zindagi Ye
Goodnight

That's all I can think of now.

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Sohum, you HAVE to listen to Tujh Me Rab Dikhta hai from Rab ne Bana Di Jodi.

Also, the hum hain rahi pyaar ke is also a pretty decent song from the same movie.

I also remembered another one, Zara Si from Jannat. Awesome!

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors
The kind of Music Eemran's movie has is quite nice to hear but it doent last long.

i mean you hear them till Pre-Post release say till a year but songs like the Following last lon really for decades,Generation

Kabhi Kabhi mere Dil mein khayal

Tujhme Rab Dikhta hai

Lage tumse mann ke lagan

Jiya Dhadak Dhadak jaye

Sandese aate hain hame datpate hain (Hats off to Sonu and the other singer )
My favorite line is "Aee Guzarne wale hava bata mere itna kam karege kya"

There are many more but also

Pappu cant dance

did you all hear the song Goori Gauri Mandava Khali and Kombadali palali? My all time party hits!!

mukund_nadkarni

Club Cricketer
I must say though, my absolute favorite Hindi song ever is Pehla Nasha. Always has been, and most probably will continue to be so. I love it to bits.

One of my all time favourites too. Most songs from that movie are really cool. In my opinion Jatin-Lalit are grossly underrated!

As for a favourites list..well..I've lost touch with hindi music a bit, but still the following will be pretty much there anytime.

Kabhi Kabhi mere dil mein..(Kabhi kabhi)
Zindagi, kaisi hai paheli..., Door kahin di dhal jaye..(Anand)
Do naina, ek kahani..., Tuzse nahin naraz..,(Masoom)
Do labzon ki hain...(The great gambler)
Tere bina, zindagi se..(?)
Bahoon mein chale....(?)
Tum aagaye ho, noor...(?)
Mehbooba...(Sholay)
Chingari koyi bhadke...(Amar prem?)
Choti si aasha..., Yeh hasin waadiyan..(Roja)
Dil se.., Chaiyya chaiyya...(Dil se)

There are many more, but my memory is failing me!!

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
2008 has been a good year for Bollywood music (in my books). These are my favorites of '08

Guzarish (Ghajini)
Haule Haule (Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi)
Tujhme Rab Dikta Hai (Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi)
Desi Girl (Dostana)
Azeem O Shaan Shahenshah (Jodhaa Akbar)
Tu Muskura (Yuvraaj)
Kabhi Kabhi Aditi (Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Naa)
Pappu Cant Dance (Jaane Tu...)
Manmohini (Yuvraaj)
Maa Da Laadla (Dostana)
Khwaja Mere Khwaja (Jodhaa Akbar)

Its been AR Rahman's year in Bollywood. I am personally waiting for his Dilli-6 which might release in January (its with the Rang de Basanti director again!).

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Its actually Delhi 6. :p

Anyways, Vishal and Shekhar have done a tremendous job this year too.

Oh, seems like the title is changed. It was earlier 'Dilli-6'. I am so eagerly waiting for it because its Rakesh Omprakash Mehra's next after the classic 'Rang De Basanti' and that too with Rahman's music again

Users who are viewing this thread