How are you doing in your career?

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Had the best T20 match so far playing for Yorkshire team T20 slam!

Scored my first 50 in T20s

View attachment 182386

Created a 50 partnership as well

View attachment 182388

Got out advancing down inside edging onto stumps off the last ball of the innings..

View attachment 182387

And that did not stop there..Had the best spell of my career in this T20 as well taking my first ever 5 wickets in an innings..Had a chance of 6th too but the fielder dropped a catch off a short ball slow cutter which was mistimed and up in the air..Nevertheless was really pleased with this match.

View attachment 182389
View attachment 182391

This was the cherry on top because that was the last match I played for them in that series and we qualified for Finals and but was called for national duty to play for India against SL in a 7 match T20

View attachment 182394

View attachment 182392

View attachment 182393

And took 2 wickets in my debut match which could have resulted in a win for us as I got both the settled batsman but SL managed a last ball stunner finish to win the match..

This is great stuff. Love the stories on here. How do you get wickets consistently as a medium fast bowler? I'm struggling to get five-fers even in Test cricket.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
This is great stuff. Love the stories on here. How do you get wickets consistently as a medium fast bowler? I'm struggling to get five-fers even in Test cricket.
In T20s it's more easy IMO with variations and batsman in a necessity to go for the big shots..Slow pace is the way to go when given overs in the death..I just play according to how I would approach in real life, swing it with occasional bouncers which works well as you can get those edges to Wk ..

kulch

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
im playing way too much T20 - does anybody know if I decline T20 contracts and focus on first class, county and 50overs - that I will still progress into the higher levels of these formats?

SimonC4

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
New Zealand
im playing way too much T20 - does anybody know if I decline T20 contracts and focus on first class, county and 50overs - that I will still progress into the higher levels of these formats?
My understanding is that you will. Playing more games means more opportunities to impress, so it may just take a bit longer than if you had have played them.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Yeah similar thing is happening for me too.. Currently playing for like 5 leagues across the world...But it opened my selection for Indian T20 side..

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
I just had my first domestic T20 competition myself today, making the final with Worcestershire, but after 18 T20 games in a row so far, I can also say that there's no way I'm accepting offers from the other leagues now, haha! I'm now a Star Member for my county's first class and T20 sides, with everything else Expecting Selection (apart from the IPL or the national team), but my real enjoyment comes from the first class games and I'd much rather work my way into the Test side than be smashing the ball around for a few overs in an endless stream of T20s. I would like to be able to play state cricket in Australia too, but my understanding at the moment is that that's not possible? I suppose I might have a go in the Big Bash if I get offered something there, but otherwise I think I'm just going to stick with Worcestershire and try and make my way to the national team in the longer formats.

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
Playing my second game against Kent with Worcestershire. Once again, Moeen Ali is batting against me, even though he's in our squad and is even 12th man (for some reason he never actually plays). I'm really confused as I've checked my academy and there's no problem there, and I thought the duplicate career player issue was solved? Not a big deal if it's a one off case but pretty weird. Though he did just score 98* at #8 which would have been better if he wasn't there, haha!

Fantazm

County Cricketer
I've also seen mooen playing for Kent. I've not checked the squads in my game though, I might later if I remember

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Playing my second game against Kent with Worcestershire. Once again, Moeen Ali is batting against me, even though he's in our squad and is even 12th man (for some reason he never actually plays). I'm really confused as I've checked my academy and there's no problem there, and I thought the duplicate career player issue was solved? Not a big deal if it's a one off case but pretty weird. Though he did just score 98* at #8 which would have been better if he wasn't there, haha!

Check the academy in 'Players' section for Moeen and see if you have two of them. It looks like you may have two Moeens in the academy.

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
Check the academy in 'Players' section for Moeen and see if you have two of them. It looks like you may have two Moeens in the academy.

So there is. Well, that's a pain in the arse. I only downloaded munkeymomo's county teams and the Llewelynf/fissionmailed/SnowyCasanova national teams that would have him - I can now see that munkeymomo's was incorrectly linked, using a player that doesn't allow any editing (so probably rajsvm by the look of it). Bastard. I'm not restarting my career so I'll just have to live with it, but it's a perfect case in point about all that kind of thing that was being talked about ages back. Will delete the incorrect one from my game for accuracy's sake but I know that won't fix it in my career so I'm going to be stuck with it every time I play Kent (for whatever reason he ended up there).

In slightly happier news, I scored my first DBC 17 double-hundred today, also taking part in a 300-run partnership along the way. Good stuff.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
So there is. Well, that's a pain in the arse. I only downloaded munkeymomo's county teams and the Llewelynf/fissionmailed/SnowyCasanova national teams that would have him - I can now see that munkeymomo's was incorrectly linked, using a player that doesn't allow any editing (so probably rajsvm by the look of it). Bastard. I'm not restarting my career so I'll just have to live with it, but it's a perfect case in point about all that kind of thing that was being talked about ages back. Will delete the incorrect one from my game for accuracy's sake but I know that won't fix it in my career so I'm going to be stuck with it every time I play Kent (for whatever reason he ended up there).

In slightly happier news, I scored my first DBC 17 double-hundred today, also taking part in a 300-run partnership along the way. Good stuff.

Steer clear of rajsvm's creations. The guy is good at making players but messes up the players and teams by not linking them correctly. I made the mistake of downloading his IPL teams in DBC 14 and realized they were improperly linked or plain wrong in some cases.

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
Steer clear of rajsvm's creations. The guy is good at making players but messes up the players and teams by not linking them correctly. I made the mistake of downloading his IPL teams in DBC 14 and realized they were improperly linked or plain wrong in some cases.

I already said I only downloaded munkeymomo's county teams and then the national teams from the collaborative effort. The Moeen in the England team was correctly linked so munkeymomo must have used rajsvm's creation for his county team, maybe before it became apparent that they were all messed up. I didn't download any of his players myself because I'd seen the posts about it here, and I also spent weeks trying to make sure all the rosters and everything were up to date before starting my career, so it's a bit of a pain to see that now when I'm about five seasons in.

I downloaded those teams the day the game came out on PC so I can't be the only one. Luckily I've only seen it with that one player so far, but there could possibly be more somewhere. Given that Moeen's normally on England duty anyway, I don't mind him not playing for Worcestershire on my game (though I had some great partnerships with him on DBC 14) - I just have to pretend he's got a twin brother in Kent, or moved there himself for some reason, haha! Hopefully once I get to international level it won't make much difference.

inertSpark

Associate Captain
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Doing alright in my career I guess. As an opening bat, averaging 38 in First Class, 27 in T20, and 50ish for club comps. After a couple of seasons I have offers for NZ T20. Can't complain.

Fantazm

County Cricketer
I do wish my 'aggressive ground strokes' wouldn't go in the air so often.

In 11 innings I'm currently averaging 14.92 with a top score of 92.

This is my 2nd career after my last one corrupted, and yet again I just can't really play this club stuff.

Last edited:

Ruckus

School Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Does anyone have any idea why I suddenly cannot hit over the infield? 85% confidence, 80% stamina and 'ideal' shots are going straight to cover over and over again. They literally never clear the infield and i'm 'lucky' if it even carries to the cover fielder. 5 games ago they would have been a 6 or 1 bounce 4s.. Completely confused by this especially as footwork, aggressive shots, and drives are my highest stats with control not far behind. It's my 2nd year in club (restarted after updating 'get best') and the only thing I can think of is the footwork/shot selection etc is bugged and doesn't display properly and i'm just mistiming a lot for some reason now or, like in dbc14, it automatically 'upped' me a difficulty lvl even though I have it on the same settings as my first season and choose the same batting/bowling difficulties before each game as I always have.

It only started happening after I was selected for the state team, even though I haven't actually played for them yet.

Also, anyone else noticed that when a stumping call is made, whether they are called out or a third umpire review is called for, the batsmen swap ends? Team mate got stumped, I was suddenly on strike (in the same over). I was on strike, 3rd umpire called for, not out, suddenly I'm non-striker mid over.

Users who are viewing this thread