How are you going in Ashes Cricket 2009?

zub2005

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Test Match

I am currently playing Ashes mode and am Australia on hard mode.

I know that the way tests can finish in 2 days is annoying and run out bug is just one of those but today i played a match, which again lasted 2 days but it was a great test.

I was batting first and made 288, England made 216 and in my 2nd innings i was bowled out for 233 setting England (AI) 306 to win.

I had England 119-4 and then KP and Prior had a partnership of 106 which was broken when Andrew Symonds had KP lbw for 84. (the animation of KP walking off was great, swinging his bat with disappointment)

Broad got run out somehow, Symonds bowled Swann for a duck and another run out and that was anderson and suddenly England were 285-8 (i think it was 285 but it was somewhere around there)

Then Monty and came to the crease. Prior and Monty got the winning runs and England lead 2-1 going into 4th test.

Now test matches are annoying when they finish in around 2 days and the stupid run out but if this test was dragged on to the 4th day or even late on the 3rd day then it would of been just great.

You guys had any tight tests and the longest my a test i have played has lasted in 2 days, anyone had longer.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
@Gas,

Mate im with you with the LBW's im yet to grab one!!
Im having similar AI innings to you. Do you find you get the odd ten over spell where the AI go potty!!??:facepalm

Even thought rest of innings ticks over at 3 an over!

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
@Gas,

Mate im with you with the LBW's im yet to grab one!!
Im having similar AI innings to you. Do you find you get the odd ten over spell where the AI go potty!!??:facepalm

Even thought rest of innings ticks over at 3 an over!

Yes, when this happens set the appropriate field, change lengths, always hit the perfect spot, bowl the odd slower ball. A catching chance is around the corner.

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
It baffles me why they go so mental!!

Yeah, i find it often happens as a new batsmen comes in, or as you work your way through the batting lineup.

For example, Aus were around 420/2 yet i bowled them all out for 530 odd, its because some batsmen came in and went for it, not slogging as such but playing a shot a ball. I knew they would give a chance eventually. Quite often, when they go into slog mode, just keep bowling straight balls in the line outside off stump. (perfect line)

If you have the offside packed eventually they will present a catching chance, just keep bowling perfect delivery again and again.

Wealey

ICC Board Member

Just bowled them out for 350 they were 150-0

Then 160-2 and from 55-65 overs went crazy then settles down again! Funny old programming!

Wonder how they would play if i batted first and they were chasing the deficit!

Kaushal

School Cricketer
I have just played a great online match!

I was Sri Lanka (as always :facepalm) and I played against Australia in a 5 overs match.
Australia won the toss and they chose to bat, and they slogged their way through the innings, finishing at a total of 99-3 (Sri Lanka dropped at least 3 ctaches:doh).
Then it was Sri Lankas turn to bat.
They were under a lot of pressure since they needed to go in there and perform an extreme onslaught. It didn't get better when they lost half their wickets after half way through while they had a run rate of just 10. And I had pretty much given up
BUT , a fantastic innings by Mahela Jayawardene put the opposition side under enormous pressure (i could tell because he bowled a lot of no balls). But 6 runs in the last delivery wasn't enough in the end and Australia won by 9 runs!

Mahela Jayawardene finished at an astonishing 61*(18)

beating Ricky Ponting who scored 58* (22)

Last edited:

Chrystovski

School Cricketer
Yes i noticed this. Its so annoying because bowled and lbw's are now almost impossible because to get them you have to pitch the cursor on a dark green area. I have not had one lbw, and i don't think i ever will with a fast bowler.

Hey Gas try bowling a really full straight yorker until it turns yellow and when bowling change it to a leg cutter (either way)

I've 3 LBW's with Shoiab Akthar 1 with Stuart Broad and 1 with Brett Lee all bowling this way. You will also get a few cleaned bowled too.

clayton1001

School Cricketer
Playing Ashes as England. 1st Test is going nicely, i'm 91-2 with 2 overs left until lunch. Cook is 35 n.o and Pieterson is on 8. Feeling positive so far but brett lee is starting to pose a few problems having already dismissed strauss and bopara.

D

Dutch

I am really enjoying this game, especially online but you can't play the longer versions easily online. Anyway the thing it's really helping me with is understanding the virtue of patience! I know some people are out there able to whack it to the boundary every ball. Luckily I am not good enough (:D) which makes it neccessary for me to build an innings! (Or attempt to!) The bowling is a joy and the ability to set fields and really bowl to them is very entertaining I find. :)

kamy100

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Hmmm i might have stumbled across a solution for AI when it goes into slog mode, I was playing a test and Aussies went into slog mode, got frustrated so saved the game and switched off xbox, later on I loaded up the saved game and suddenly players were back playing normal test cricket and not slogging.

drapes12

School Cricketer
Hmmm i might have stumbled across a solution for AI when it goes into slog mode, I was playing a test and Aussies went into slog mode, got frustrated so saved the game and switched off xbox, later on I loaded up the saved game and suddenly players were back playing normal test cricket and not slogging.

Good signs!

jamershepp

School Cricketer
i have been playing ashes cricket 2009 on xbox 360 and im loving it i think its great fun i love batting and i have just got the bowling sorted i can bowl great length and restrict the ai runs to a slower pace and i play on hard and is perfect for me i dont find it easy i dnt find it really hard its perfect for my type of play this is why i enjoy it so much anyway i have started a shes series and i thought i would post how my series is going.

1st test cardiff, australia won toss and elected to bat

Australia overs 44.4 /178 all out/
B.Haddin 46 (41) S.Broad 4-77 (15.0)
S.Katich 44 (88) S.Harmison 1-17 (5.0)

England overs 74.2 /428 all out/
K.Pietersen 120 (102) P.Siddle 3-126 (18.0)
A.Flintoff 117 (95) M.Clarke 2-49 (9.2)

Australia overs 56.1 /312 all out/
R.Ponting 98 (80) J.Anderson 3-62 (12.1)
M.Hussey 69 (28) S.Harmison 1-33 (10.0)

Engand overs 6.0 /63 for 2/
I.Bell 20 (18) M.Johnson 1-29 (3.0)
A.Strauss 17 (8) P.Siddle 0-34 (3.0)

England won the match by 8 wickets
by the way engand is me i forgot to mention
i wil post rest of tests very shortly test 2 coming later

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
I'm still having an awesome game. England scored 200 off 55 overs in overcast conditions and I'm currently 5/170 off 50 overs.

jamershepp

School Cricketer
2nd test lords, enlgand(me) won the toss and elected to bat

England overs 58.4 /359 all out/
A.Flintoff 155 (110) P.Siddle 3-140 (18.0)
K.Pietersen 76 (54) B.Lee 2-59 (12.0)

Australia overs 43.2 /206 al out/
R.Ponting 38 (44) J.Anderson 2-63 (15.2)
M.Clarke 25 (12) A.Flintoff 1-85 (16.0)

England overs 14.2 /131 all out/
A.Strauss 38 (23) B.Hilfenhaus 5-6 (4.0)
A.Cook 27 (15) M.Johnson 2-38 (4.1)

Australia overs 37.4 /250 all out/
R.Ponting 75 (50) A.Flintoff 2-41 (12.0)
M.Hussey 61 (28) J.Anderson 1-53 (8.4)

England(me) won the match by 34 runs

i now had taken a 2-0 lead in the ashes series

i think its brilliant game my opinion is they should bring patch for few glitches and problems and possibly add another difficulty for some users not me tho im fine with hard for now but the option would be nice but im fairly confident there will be patch shortly im happy tho and realy enjoying my ashes series.

Test 3 feedback of ashes series coming shorlty with me ony needing to win 1 more to win series.

Users who are viewing this thread