How are you going in Ashes Cricket 2009?

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Is it me or is this game just to easy? Only the other day i got 10 wicket haul with graeme swann.

Kumar1st

School Cricketer
Online play is good :D:D

Had a online 10 over match against someone, i batted first and made 159-1, and then when i went to bowl he quit after he was 3-3. Really annoying!!
Anyone want to ade me, PSN: KUMAR1st

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Some realism; I got bowled out for 125 in the first innings by Australia. Unfortunately Mike Hussey took most the wickets as I absolutely could not time his 50 mph pies.

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
Started playing a Ashes series in Australia as England. I'm being as patient as is humanly possible and scored a properly paced 100 with Alastair Cook. I've just reached tea, here are the details.

Cricket20092009-08-1400-40-54-37.png

Cricket20092009-08-1400-41-02-66.png

The Pietersen stumping was infuriating because I didn't advance down the pitch.

It's seriously difficult to be this patient when there's so much on offer....

alioz

Club Cricketer
Online is great, although 90% of the time people quit. I am yet to meet a person online who is better then me. seems like i am the only one who knows how to play this game. Is anyone out there who can give me good match. Come on!

My xbox 360 tag is alioz (I dare you all) lol :mad:

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
End of day one at Brisbane.

Cricket20092009-08-1401-55-56-18.png

Cricket20092009-08-1401-56-07-81.png

It's interesting, the ball that got Prior out was a beauty. It wasn't as full as the recommended length but it was full enough to make me get on the front foot, but the timing of my defensive shot was slightly too late and I was caught at first slip. It's so annoying that the recommended length is as full as it is because I personally find its more difficult to play if its a bit shorter than that. That length is still too full, but its far more realistic.

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
I'm about 4/70 after 16 overs as Australia vs South Africa. My lineup:

Haddin
Clarke
Ponting
North
Symonds
Hussey
Hopes
White
Johnson
Lee
Siddle

Only North has batted well so far and he's on about 40 at slightly better than a run a ball. I love how confidence works in this game. Michael Clarke stuggled early and got hit a few times. I really couldn't get things going with him. He eventually was caught at regular square leg after trying to hook a Jacques Kallis bouncer and failing miserably.

Marcus North, on the other hand, smashed a six over cover on his first ball and has been cruising ever since.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
It's so annoying that the recommended length is as full as it is because I personally find its more difficult to play if its a bit shorter than that. That length is still too full, but its far more realistic.
Yeah, I think the model itself is pretty close to the mark, I personally tend to get done off good length balls, especially right on the 6m mark. I think it is probably close to accurate bounce for a good hard pitch. Probably the biggest issue is that of risk/reward. Playing across the line, driving at a good length, it's all possible, but it just seems too effective.

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
End of day one, England (CPU) bowled out for 200 off 55 overs, Australia (me) currently 0/70

spaga1994

Club Cricketer
Starting an ODI tournament playing as Australia first game is against England and the first game is at Melbourne day/night match,Day 3 Pitch, Humid Conditions and overcast.

This is on Hard mode

My team is going to be

Marsh
Watson
Ponting
Clarke
Hussey
Haddin
Mcdonald
Johnson
Hauritz
Lee
Hilfenhaus

i Won the toss and am going to bat

spaga1994

Club Cricketer
im 1/78 after 16 overs and have scored some quick runs in the last 3-4 overs. Broad got the wicket of Marsh(10 of 24 balls) after i tried to advance down the wicket. and currently watson(43 of 57 balls) and Ponting(16 of 24 balls) are going along nicely.England have bowled 8 no-balls and 1 wide.:)

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
When bowling with a right armer to a left handed batter the light green zone is way outside off stump. Even to the right handed batters the ball won't hit the stump when bowling in the light green.

I did the Legends thingy and they showed me the lines I expect to pitch but in the game they are dark green areas.

Yes i noticed this. Its so annoying because bowled and lbw's are now almost impossible because to get them you have to pitch the cursor on a dark green area. I have not had one lbw, and i don't think i ever will with a fast bowler.

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
@ Gas
Keep plugging away fella, you'll snare one eventually, i've had a couple now, very pleasing!! Gotta say this game is great pvp, had a few quality games with mates last night, they didint even want to play pro evo, thats unheard of!!!

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
@ Gas
Keep plugging away fella, you'll snare one eventually, i've had a couple now, very pleasing!! Gotta say this game is great pvp, had a few quality games with mates last night, they didint even want to play pro evo, thats unheard of!!!

On hard, how did you get them? Basically i can hit the perfect line and execution meter every time, with occasional no balls. They just never miss the ball near the stumps.

This is about 1000 overs of bowling too.

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
Bowling outswing on a length, then inswing a touch fuller, classic approach also have had 3 bowleds this way(2 were played on!!), jumped out the sofa first time!!! Always on hard, think im into a good 1000 too, its hard but conditions and wind seem to play a big part, as does purposely not hitting perfect on the bowling metre every now and then. Its taken me a solid week to learn how to bowl on this game and i really enjoy it, if only it wasnt for those runouts. Save and reload lots, its a pain, but worth it for the satisfaction of bowling a team out

Users who are viewing this thread