How are you going in Ashes Cricket 2009?

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Yep, at a very decent strike rate I believe. He's a similar build to Broad it seems, probably a bit quicker generally.

pingusten

Club Cricketer
Yes, but he had a strike rate of about 150. He was absolutely smashing my bowlers around, so was siddle. They put on more than the rest of the team basically :facepalm

I've found the best way to contain a trigger happy tailender is bowl 5 straight balls, all at a full-ish length outside off stump, then start as if you are going to bowl it there again, but press for a slower ball instead. Eight times out of ten it's straight down a fielders throat.

I2icho

School Cricketer
Not sure why all the complaints

So many people complain about the ai being to aggressive and want a patch to fix it. Problem solved bowl rubbish and get tonked. Playing my first game i had england all out for 160 with a run rate of 4. Last night in the second test i had them all out for 120 with a run rate of just under 3. I have found the bowling rewarding whilst my biggest total is only 200!the games have been tight with good line and length. So far i am enjoying the game best cricket game to date in my opinion.

D

Dutch

So many people complain about the ai being to aggressive and want a patch to fix it. Problem solved bowl rubbish and get tonked. Playing my first game i had england all out for 160 with a run rate of 4. Last night in the second test i had them all out for 120 with a run rate of just under 3. I have found the bowling rewarding whilst my biggest total is only 200!the games have been tight with good line and length. So far i am enjoying the game best cricket game to date in my opinion.

I am still struggling with the bowling to some extent and have periods of good control and then absolute mayhem. If you have any pointers I would be very garteful. A little off topic in this particular thread so I'll make it valid by saying I am having good fun getting to know this game and am desperately waiting for my disc to arrive, hopefully tomorrow or Thursday!

99 Not Out

Club Cricketer
yeah I know. I was opening the bowling in the Ashes with Graham Onions (created him and put him instead of Samit Patel) and I kept them down to 3 until Phillip Hughes got out. Then the run rate got up to 7 using the same line, lenght and field :doh

I2icho

School Cricketer
I am still struggling with the bowling to some extent and have periods of good control and then absolute mayhem. If you have any pointers I would be very garteful. A little off topic in this particular thread so I'll make it valid by saying I am having good fun getting to know this game and am desperately waiting for my disc to arrive, hopefully tomorrow or Thursday!

Pretty much just make sure you bowl with the pitch indicator as light green as possible, pitch it up a tad more than the default bowl, and when you bowl get the bowling when the indicator is in the light green just before a no ball, I have found that changing your bowls up using alot of leg cutter style and off cutter style just outside off stump and mix in a few straight with some slow deliverys, I bowled out andrew staus for a duck bowling with bret lee, good fun!!

Good luck

nimish_sach

Club Cricketer
Ok playing on Hard after restricting England for 159 from 18 overs, I am trying to rewrite history at the moment I am 742/2 with Ponting 503* and Clarke 10*, Katich 168 and rest extras in 162 overs. Trying to get to the record total in Ashes and also the international test. Btw If you guys get to score 300 runs or more from a batsman don't skip the celebration its amazing!

jaynffc

School Cricketer
pretty much cracked everything except spin bowling .....whenever i use one especially online i get tonked for a few runs ......and like wise i find it easy to get runs of a spinner when batting

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Pretty much just make sure you bowl with the pitch indicator as light green as possible, pitch it up a tad more than the default bowl, and when you bowl get the bowling when the indicator is in the light green just before a no ball, I have found that changing your bowls up using alot of leg cutter style and off cutter style just outside off stump and mix in a few straight with some slow deliverys, I bowled out andrew staus for a duck bowling with bret lee, good fun!!

Good luck

When bowling with a right armer to a left handed batter the light green zone is way outside off stump. Even to the right handed batters the ball won't hit the stump when bowling in the light green.

I did the Legends thingy and they showed me the lines I expect to pitch but in the game they are dark green areas.

heypradeepmohan

School Cricketer
Playin my first ashes test.... Hughes on 112 n.o alongwith siddle on 4 n.o... total of 262 for 7.... on hard mode... keepin the run rate up is easier..... but wickets keep fallin at regular intervals.... with flintoff picking 5..... thats guys really confusing... keeps bowling length balls... keeps me quiet.... how do i tackle this guy? also lemme know on how to play panesar... he is gettin irritating... :help

99 Not Out

Club Cricketer
What line is panesar bowling? is it short, full, wide, straight?

cos I find he bowls short and I can play the hook shot to him ;)

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
PAKISTAN vs INDIA, COLOMBO, 50 OVER MATCH - 1st INNINGS!

So got the game today, first match I always do is and "Indo-Pak" one and this time I might actually finish it.

Okay then let's get cracking, it was a first day pitch seeing as it's an ODI and I chose to play in Sri Lanka because no other sub-continent countries were available. So then I won't make this too long, but I was impressed and a bit weary if I'm honest.

First up I went in to have a bat, Salman Butt and Shahid Afridi my openers. I had a good start with Afridi hitting some fours but then he was out and well to put it short I had a mini collapse at one stage I was 49/4 I think.

33bllcn.png

This is where I thought it was interesting to rebuild the innings which was much fun, however some of the things I'm not too pleased with...batting just seemed way too easy. I could always score off most of my shots. The only times I did get out were because I was hitting "GOOD" or "PERFECT" shots but they were airborn.

Anyway I got a century with (dunno who) and got Pakistan into a good position, the amount of no-balls bowled by the AI also worrying my total should be at least a good 15-20 runs less seeing as they had at least three spinners playing most of the innings. I also think it was too easy to bat with the tail enders.

I have also started bowling, India started slow got a drop catch first ball and like 4-5 more chances 3 of them which I caught one was an edge but you can't tell it's an edge because the crappy matrix thing ruins the camera angle. I then had a chance for a caught and bowled then the game crashed with India at 14/3, now their on 14/1...

1zcz3vt.png

Users who are viewing this thread