ICC Super Series

What will be the outcome of the ODI Series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
angryangy said:
Form is bs. You can bollocks a series one minute and then go score consecutive hundreds in the next. These players for the most part weren't "out of form" they were rusty because they lacked match fitness. If it takes just 2 or 3 weeks to lose all your previously acquired form, then you will never pick a form team for a new series.

Right you are, preparation was also a problem. But its not like the world side would pick Jason Gillespie would they? Batting wise, I had no problem with Lara being selected as he is one of those guys that can hit form at anytime.

irottev

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Jason Gillespie probably would have been a better selection than Akhtar or Pollock.

What about Hayden for the ODI's, then again he could of played bad on purpose. Same with Martyn for the test. Im just being silly.

Sureshot

Executive member
tsyrmas said:
need i remind you that engand ARE terrible at playing spin? i do believe thats why he said it.

need i remind you that Australia ARE terrible at playing reverse swing?

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
irottev said:
Jason Gillespie probably would have been a better selection than Akhtar or Pollock.

What about Hayden for the ODI's, then again he could of played bad on purpose. Same with Martyn for the test. Im just being silly.

No way Hayden should play ODIs again. Look how much better he is since he was dropped from ODIs. He has had to change his game, and its working. If he plays ODIs again, he wouldn't have to change his technique and most likely fail like previously.

Martyn on the other hand, could definitely still play test. I know I was calling for his head but that was cause I was looking for a person to blame. Anyway I believe his sacking was perfect for him. It has given a wake up call to all Aussie players. Perform or get sacked.

tsyrmas

Club Cricketer
Sureshot said:
need i remind you that Australia ARE terrible at playing reverse swing?

true, but you come across spin all the time, as opposed to the rare occasions that you come across reverse swing. anyway, we have lived without knwoing how to play it and been the best in the world for quite a while now, so its not an issue for us.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I don't think it's fair to say that England can't play spin. It certainly used to be the case but players like Trescothick have improved a lot. I don't think not being able to play Shane Warne and not being able to play spin are anything like the same as Warne is simply the most incredible spin bowler ever.

tsyrmas

Club Cricketer
barmyarmy said:
I don't think it's fair to say that England can't play spin. It certainly used to be the case but players like Trescothick have improved a lot. I don't think not being able to play Shane Warne and not being able to play spin are anything like the same as Warne is simply the most incredible spin bowler ever.

thats ridiculous to say tresgothick has improved! he can't play spin because he doesn't move his feet. he onle has one shot against the spinners and thats a sweep. england would be the team that has struggled with warne, and all spin, the most imo. and you lack a descent spin bowler on your team too. got some work to do in that area boys.

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
tsyrmas said:
thats ridiculous to say tresgothick has improved!

It's ridiculous for you to say he hasn't improved! To say he has one shot against spinners is crap, remember a few of the straight hits off Warne?

Liam Williams

Club Cricketer
stevie said:
It's ridiculous for you to say he hasn't improved! To say he has one shot against spinners is crap, remember a few of the straight hits off Warne?

Yeah, the six was brilliant.

Users who are viewing this thread