ICC Super Series

What will be the outcome of the ODI Series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
m_vaughan said:
I will still back a one-off test match and 3 ODIs between the top two teams in the respective standings table, and with the matches being held in a neutral venue.

Its any time better than a crappy world xiagainst the best team in the world at the moment.
Come of it...
look at the world's record...combined they would'nt even have won as many matches as the lowest ranked team in the world. :rolleyes:

Sureshot

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
tsyrmas said:
true, but you come across spin all the time, as opposed to the rare occasions that you come across reverse swing. anyway, we have lived without knwoing how to play it and been the best in the world for quite a while now, so its not an issue for us.

There is a difference between playing Spin and being able to play Shane Warne, he bowled some balls in the summer that spun 4 fecking feet at the stumps, you can't practice playing that!

And it is an issue for you as it cost you the Ashes.

Strauss improved over the series in playing Spin.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Strauss can be a very good player of spin for an opening batsman. He still does a few ugly things which I think are just not how you should play. While he was doing the knee thing to Warne, I was just looking at it thinking, you're gonna get out doing that, he will beat you. And so he did...

The problem with the English isn't that you can't practice against deliveries that spin 4 ft out of the rough (you can do that on any well worn backyard pitch), it's that they rely on Merlin for spin practice, because it's a better spinner than anyone else in the country. Merlin is a great tool, but it doesn't think and manipulate like an actual spinner. With a machine, you have to tell it how much spin to give, a real bowler will just keep having a crack and looking for big turn.

jasp

School Cricketer
Its any time better than a crappy world xiagainst the best team in the world at the moment.
Come of it...
look at the world's record...combined they would'nt even have won as many matches as the lowest ranked team in the world.

England have just put australia to the sword so these exhibition games were irrelevent.

Sureshot

Executive member
angryangy said:
Strauss can be a very good player of spin for an opening batsman. He still does a few ugly things which I think are just not how you should play. While he was doing the knee thing to Warne, I was just looking at it thinking, you're gonna get out doing that, he will beat you. And so he did...

The problem with the English isn't that you can't practice against deliveries that spin 4 ft out of the rough (you can do that on any well worn backyard pitch), it's that they rely on Merlin for spin practice, because it's a better spinner than anyone else in the country. Merlin is a great tool, but it doesn't think and manipulate like an actual spinner. With a machine, you have to tell it how much spin to give, a real bowler will just keep having a crack and looking for big turn.

I wonder how much Warny would spin it with 100% effort on a Astro pitch :clap

nightprowler10

Executive member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
angryangy said:
It's that they rely on Merlin for spin practice, because it's a better spinner than anyone else in the country. Merlin is a great tool, but it doesn't think and manipulate like an actual spinner. With a machine, you have to tell it how much spin to give, a real bowler will just keep having a crack and looking for big turn.
Sorry for my ignorance on this subject, but what the heck is Merlin?

tsyrmas

Club Cricketer
Sureshot said:
There is a difference between playing Spin and being able to play Shane Warne, he bowled some balls in the summer that spun 4 fecking feet at the stumps, you can't practice playing that!

And it is an issue for you as it cost you the Ashes.

Strauss improved over the series in playing Spin.

well good luck playing Kaneria on the pakistan pitches, ya lolly lickers! jks jks!

jasp

School Cricketer
well good luck playing Kaneria on the pakistan pitches, ya lolly lickers! jks jks!

England are the best team in the world so i'm sure they'l do well.

langerrox

International Coach
jasp said:
England are the best team in the world so i'm sure they'l do well.
afaird not mate;) you beat aus big deal, bangaldesh has england are stuffed if skunky dont fire and if piehole doesnt either

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
langerrox said:
afaird not mate;) you beat aus big deal, bangaldesh has england are stuffed if skunky dont fire and if piehole doesnt either

D'you think you could rewrite that in English please? :p

Users who are viewing this thread