ICC World T20 Bangladesh 2014

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Now they should get a couple more players injured to make space for Ten Doeschate and Dirk Nannes to return in orange colors. :p

Ha ye, would be good if they were part of the dutch team right now for sure, although realistically it can't happen.

Addy

National Board President
So as i predicted. We lost the the match the moment we lost the toss. Hafeez's body language was of the loser from the way go

lion100lion

International Coach
So as i predicted. We lost the the match the moment we lost the toss. Hafeez's body language was of the loser from the way go
Though Pakistan lost the toss but got what they always wanted to do, i.e. bat first.
Yesterday Wasim Akram was saying that Pakistan has lost only 2 matches in the total T 20 matches they have played. Taht clearly indicates that their bowling is their strength..

Addy

National Board President
No, with India's strength while chasing the totals and the dew playing it's part, I m damn sure Hafeez would have wanted to bat second as they did it in Asia Cup.

PokerAce

Banned
Is DRS being used for the World T20?

There was no decision reviewed India vs Pak and so I was wondering. Usually when there is DRS teams invariably gamble and review a decision anyway, especially if it involves a key player. However I think last night there were no reviewable decisions. Anyway as per the norm, ICC events do involve DRS, so no reviews at all yesterday surprised me, and I was wondering if finally it is in use this T20.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Is DRS being used for the World T20?

There was no decision reviewed India vs Pak and so I was wondering. Usually when there is DRS teams invariably gamble and review a decision anyway, especially if it involves a key player. However I think last night there were no reviewable decisions. Anyway as per the norm, ICC events do involve DRS, so no reviews at all yesterday surprised me, and I was wondering if finally it is in use this T20.

No, DRS is yet to be implemented into the T20 format.

Last edited:

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
BTW, why isn't RTD playing for the Dutch? he could actually win a few games, along with Cooper.

He doesn't want to

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
What colour are England's pants supposed to be? Black or very dark blue?

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Moeen Ali is just quality. He'll be one of the good things to come out of this tournament for England. He's got a lot to offer in all forms of the game, for me. Would look great at 6 in the Test side.

----------

And one thing Lumb is very good at, is swinging from the hip at short balls. Good plans from New Zealand. :D

Last edited:

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Though Pakistan lost the toss but got what they always wanted to do, i.e. bat first.
Yesterday Wasim Akram was saying that Pakistan has lost only 2 matches in the total T 20 matches they have played. Taht clearly indicates that their bowling is their strength..

India have been good when it comes to chasing because our bowling is so bad that we invariably don't defend well. And our batting is strong enough to chase most big targets.

So India got what it wanted y'day, and Pakistan not so much (considering India's strengths).

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I love watching Kusal Perera bat - especially those perfectly timed flicks. Reminds me of Jayasuriya (who was freakin awesome back in the days)

War

Chairman of Selectors
S Africa always picking the wrong teams in world tournaments, with a strong hint of quota influenced selection. Why was Tstosobe playing ahead of Parnell. And i reckon the squad, Roloef Van Der Merwe should be there instead of Phangiso.

War

Chairman of Selectors
India v West Indies, World T20, Group 2, Mirpur : Darren Sammy throws down the big-hitting gauntlet | Cricket News | World T20 | ESPN Cricinfo

Haha love this exchange, lets see whose words will come to pass...

quote said:
It is no secret that West Indies sometimes love hitting fours and sixes to the point where they can ignore the need to rotate the strike. It is a habit that has hurt them often in limited overs cricket and Suresh Raina said India would be looking to target that on Sunday.

"They are a completely different team, they have players who can hits sixes," Raina said. "They do not know much of rotating the strike against spinners, with ones and twos. It is important we put early pressure."

Darren Sammy's response to Raina's opinion was one of casual indifference: "We don't care much about what Raina thinks. If he thinks we are only six-hitters, then stop us from hitting sixes."

Users who are viewing this thread