Story ICC World Twenty20 - UAE 2012: End of Match 1

RPHKR

National Board President
Awesome presentation, fine preview. Waiting for the matches.

Dipak

ICC Board Member
That is really great presentation mate! You just nailed it. Loved the previews of the players as well. Shakib should be there in the player to watch IMO.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Shakib should be there in the player to watch IMO.
Yeah, Ahad told me to write about Shakib. I had him in my initial list as well but, at the end was pretty lazy to get it done. :p

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
That is really great presentation mate! You just nailed it. Loved the previews of the players as well. Shakib should be there in the player to watch IMO.
Sehwag is there, so the list is perfect!

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Great idea for a story and an excellent way to present it. This story almost has every thing to become a successful one. I do hope unlike me and Zax, you both will take this story to its end. Graphics are very nice and I can expect even more sexy graphics from Ahad. Keep up the good work.

Best of luck to both of you.

Ahad

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I am really happy with the writings of User2010. He's doing the job perfectly. His writings makes this story look better. :thumbs

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
star_cricket.jpg

ICC World Twenty20 - UAE 2012
Match 1 - Group C
Sri Lanka v Afghanistan
Live from Sharjah

Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to the first match of ICC World Twenty20 here in UAE. The tournament kicks off today with Sri Lanka and Afghanistan from Group C facing off against each other. Sharjah Cricket Stadium looks decent already with a good crowd in.

Earlier, we have had a pitch report with Nasser Hussain. 150 or above is what he reckons will be a par score here. Win the toss and make use of the good batting conditions, he says.

pitchreport.jpg

At the toss, it was the Lankan captain Dilshan who called it correct and opted to bat first. This is what Dilshan said at the toss:

Tillakaratne Dilshan said:
It looks a good batting wicket. We want to put the runs and I hope we will be able to defend whatever we score. Fernando, Mendis, Chamara and Tharanga miss out today. We're keeping Mahela at the opening slot as he's been doing very well there.

Here are the lineups for this game -

lineupz.png

So, there we go. Match to get underway in a short while. See you on the other side of this break with live action from the stadium.

matchup.png

Graphics by Ahad, Writing by User2010

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Superb mind blowing fantablous :p also Kya baat, kya baat kya baat ;) :D

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
What a graphic work! Marvelous to say the least. Writing is good too.

One suggestion for Gaurav, rather than stating "Earlier, we have had a pitch report with..." how about "Lets go to the ....... ground where .......... (in this case, Nasser Hussain) is there with the pitch report and then you can post the picture there". After that, "So, the wicket is expected to......" So, lets now move on for the toss. The two captains are in the middle and (for e.g.,) Dilshan to spin the coin, heads is the call and ........ it is" and then that quote.

Makes it way more practical and kind of "live" experience for the reader in my opinion but that doesn't mean your writing is bad, Gaurav. Just wanted to add my bit to improve the story.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Fenil, I agree to every thing you said there. But, the problem is there are a lot of matches. And, for every match, it gets repeated and eventually boring. And, it is a long long process. Not that I cannot do it, I've already been there, done that. Look at http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/1680000-post24.html. I got the praises as well. But, these sort of things did lead to my lack of interest, and story not being updated frequently. So, I hope you guys understand and bear with us on small things which can be looked over. We assure we won't disappoint when it comes to the whole story and storyline.

Anjula

Club Captain
t20logo.png

Preview

The forth edition of ICC World Twenty20 is about to begin in UAE and the excitement can already be seen. Most of the games will feature packed stadiums from what we have heard. ICC has seen this tournament as a way to promote Cricket in areas where it is lesser known and the response so far has been pleasing.

Coming to the teams, each and every outfit looks like they can make it count. Even the minnows can spring in a surprise, such is the format. Group D is tagged as the 'group of death' by the Cricket pundits with Bangladesh in there alongside Pakistan and the defending champions England. Group C has to be the most unpredictable one given how Sri Lanka and New Zealand have been performing. So, there's a real chance for Afghanistan to sneak in. Groups A and B look alright and many might already believe they know who the top two are going to be from these groups. Unless of course, one or both of Netherlands and Zimbabwe could prove us wrong!

Arch-rivals India and Pakistan have been tagged as favorites to go on and win this trophy. Many believe Indian squad couldn't have been any better while some still find it interesting why Kohli wasn't included. All in all, it looks really strong batting wise. Bowling attack is a young one with Yadav and Aaron but, they do have a certain gentleman called Zaheer Khan to lead them. Plus, there's variety in spin bowling with Ashwin and Ojha. Pakistan's strength has always been their bowling. But, it looks a pretty good unit overall. Inclusion of Nazir may well have come as a surprise but, many believe it's a good decision. All rounders in Afridi and Hafeez and a good bowling unit means, there's much to look forward to from a Pakistani fan's point of view.

Below are the players who we think will have to come good for their respective teams to go the distance in this tournament.

Please wait for the images to load

scaled.php
scaled.php
scaled.php
scaled.php
scaled.php
scaled.php
scaled.php
scaled.php
scaled.php
scaled.php
scaled.php