Story ICC World Twenty20 - UAE 2012: End of Match 1

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
Fenil, I agree to every thing you said there. But, the problem is there are a lot of matches. And, for every match, it gets repeated and eventually boring. And, it is a long long process. Not that I cannot do it, I've already been there, done that. Look at http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/1680000-post24.html. I got the praises as well. But, these sort of things did lead to my lack of interest, and story not being updated frequently. So, I hope you guys understand and bear with us on small things which can be looked over. We assure we won't disappoint when it comes to the whole story and storyline.

I read that post and yes, it would take a lot of time to do that. Okay, you can go on with this type of presentation as I mentioned earlier, the current presentation is good too. All the best for the story to both you (Gaurav) and Ahad. Oh and yes, will be waiting for the match to start.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
star_cricket.jpg

ICC World Twenty20 - UAE 2012
Match 1 - Group C
Sri Lanka v Afghanistan
Live from Sharjah

Sri Lanka make a steady start to their innings
In came the openers for Sri Lanka as the fourth edition of the ICC World Twenty20 was about to get underway. Tillakaratne Dilshan was on strike for the first over with Hassan starting the proceedings for Afghanistan. It was an eventful over with one boundary being hit by Dilshan while the other balls weren't scored off. Hassan kept it just about at the right line not allowing Dilshan to get away.

It was Zadran who shared the new ball with Hassan. Mahela was on strike for the second over. It was on the 5th ball when Zadran fired one right in the block hole and Jayawardene had no answer to it. He brought the bat down but, it was already a bit too late as the timber had already been disturbed. Afghanistan got their first wicket, that of Mahela as he started the tournament with a duck to his name.

image2ju.jpg

Skipper Dilshan on the other hand was careful initially. He was happy to get used to the pitch, play himself in before attempting those fancy shots. He did it well and started playing some of his shots once he found his feet in the middle.

He didn't look in any hurry and waited for the poor deliveries to get the runs. A square drive, back foot punch, were a couple of shots which were cheered by the crowd. Dilshan has got going in style and will be interesting to see if he can carry on.

image1el.jpg

Talking of class and style, it was Kumar Sangakkara who came in at number 3 to join Dilshan in the middle after Mahela was sent back early on. Sangakkara looked aggressive right from the word 'go'. He came in and kept on playing positively which also helped Dilshan to play himself in on the other end. Kumar got stuck into Hassan in the 5th over as 14 runs came off that over.

Sri Lanka have got off to a steady start while Afghanistan did manage to get an early wicket. The power play is done with and now will be an interesting phase of the game. So, do join us for the next update as we bring to you high quality action!

image3do.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------

SL 40/1 (6)

T Dilshan* 17 (15) (3X4)
K Sangakkara 23 (16) (3X4) (1X6)

S Zadran 1-18 (3)

Graphics by Ahad, Writing by User2010

Last edited:

Shaharyar

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Brilliantly written & the graphics are also good.Loving every part of it.Will wait for the next update.:yes

Anjula

Club Captain
Skipper Dilshan on the other hand was careful initially. He was happy to get used to the pitch, play himself in before attempting those fancy shots. He did it well and started playing some of his shots once he found his feet in the middle.

He didn't look in any hurry and waited for the poor deliveries to get the runs.
That can't be true:rolleyes
Dilshan aren't like that,
But good story so far,
Graphics are Awsome:clap

khaleel

Club Captain

In came the openers for Sri Lanka as the fourth edition of the ICC World Twenty20 was about to get underway. Tillakaratne Dilshan was on strike for the first over with Hassan starting the proceedings for Afghanistan. It was an eventful over with one boundary being hit by Dilshan while the other balls weren't scored off. Hassan kept it just about at the right line not allowing Dilshan to get away.

Few mistakes which are pointed out and corrected. Leave that alone and the story is nothing short of perfect!! :clap

Last edited:

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
Nice write up and graphics are just awesome user and ahad you rock guys

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
That can't be true
Dilshan aren't like that
Well, if Cricket followed only one pattern, it surely won't be the game which it is now.

Few mistakes which are pointed out and corrected. Leave that alone and the story is nothing short of perfect!!
Thanks but, those are minor mistakes. More of typos.

This is looking- just like an Indian woman without a bindi.

Looks good to me. In fact, I love how Ahad has kept it. Not everything needs to be pro. It has it's own feel to it!

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
Aah ha! So, the match has started. Afghanistan seems to have their focus on restricting Dilshan but in the process they are letting Sanga to score freely. Sanga looks in sublime touch already. Afghanistan needs to break this partnership and if they get couple of wickets early, the score might not be huge as Srilankans have a very a long tail. Noor Ali Zardan will be the man Afghanistan will be banking on to get them into the game.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
6 Overs 40/1, Afghanistan would be happy. If they can restrict Lankan tigers for less then 130 which is highly possible then obviously Afghanistan have a great chance to create an upset

Users who are viewing this thread