Inception

Dr. Pepper

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Personally, I thought Batman Begins was a better film than The Dark Knight, but The Dark Knight had a brilliant acting performance from Heath Ledger. But it's a different kind of film to Inception though. Inception had a brilliant plot, brilliant directing, brilliant acting and excellent special effects (when they were used they were very good but were only used when necessary).

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Planning to go see it sometime soon. My friend said it was very good and I've looked at the trailer and it looks great and judging by the ratings, I would say it has to be excellent.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Planning to go see it sometime soon. My friend said it was very good and I've looked at the trailer and it looks great and judging by the ratings, I would say it has to be excellent.

Its a rare film where people go with humongous expectations, and end up having their expectations either highly satisfied or even exceeded.:hpraise Cant find words to praise Nolan. His films are all mind teasers, and I love such stuff.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Went a second time today. Was so much better when I knew what to expect going in this time.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Personally, I thought Batman Begins was a better film than The Dark Knight, but The Dark Knight had a brilliant acting performance from Heath Ledger. But it's a different kind of film to Inception though. Inception had a brilliant plot, brilliant directing, brilliant acting and excellent special effects (when they were used they were very good but were only used when necessary).

Totally agree.

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Info about the whose dreams they were:
First dream was Yusuf's(As Eames asks him "Couldn't you have pee-ed before going under"? which explained the rain)
Second dream was Arthur's, because he used the paradox technique during the fight to edit it.
I believe the third dream was Fischer's own, but it was architectured by Eames.
The limbo is a common stage, of endless and endless space, unless someone in the machine has been there before[in this case, Cobb] in which case it'd get filled up by that person's earlier limbo stage or whatever, can't really explain well but hope you got it.

You could also say that whoever's dream it was, just stayed behind in that level, to kick the others back into reality! Just my take!

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
I though the dreams were the easy part to understand. Third layer was Fischer's dream, although Fisher thought it was his dad's assistant's dream.

What I didn't understand where the scenes with Cobb and the Old Japanese Guy.

And the ending...I think it was a dream. Because the kids looked and were dressed exactly the same.

MaD

Chairman of Selectors

Nobodys sure but it may be because limbo in real time is a lot of years and Cobb knew that he was in limbo so he didn't age however the asian guy thought it was reality and aged. To get out of limbo you have to know you're their and kill yourself so Cobb went to remind the old dude that he was in limbo and they both suicided and returned to reality.

And the ending...I think it was a dream. Because the kids looked and were dressed exactly the same.

That's what it seems like however the costume designer said that if you look closely, you'll see that they actually have different clothes, so you'll have to take his word for it. Although they were sitting the same way and weren't any older because you'd imagine they'd grow as Cobb was away for quite some time. So it's not clear yet, nobody knows

blake

School Cricketer
I read a comment where somebody said that the staircase at the end is actually a paradoxical staircase, in the house... I didn't pick this up, but if this is true then that surely points to dream... immediately after seeing it though I thought it was reality because it looked like the top was going to fall over.

Also, the kids faces when they turned around were a bit of an anticlimax... lol jks jks

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
I though the dreams were the easy part to understand. Third layer was Fischer's dream, although Fisher thought it was his dad's assistant's dream.

They were in Limbo. Limbo is unconstructed, never ending dream space UNLESS one of the people in the machine have been there before, in which case it becomes like that person remembered it from his past journey.

Saito was in the limbo world Cobb and Mal had built together. That is why when they entered limbo they were directly near the city they'd built earlier.

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Here's what Michael Caine says about the ending:

"[The spinning top] drops at the end, that's when I come back on. If I'm there it's real, because I'm never in the dream. I'm the guy who invented the dream."

He played Cobb's dad in the movie so he knows what he's talking about.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
After Chewie has gone to the length of putting it in spoilers you just say it...

fisch

Club Cricketer
Tbh Inception is one of those films which you become in awe of, without actually feeling emotionally involved. It's more of an engineering blueprint than a piece of art, but what a blueprint. I mean, Donnie Darko would still be a great film if all the time travel stuff made no sense, but Inception would be shite if it didn't make sense. Can any of you remember a single memorable piece of dialogue from Leo/Hardy/JGL?

It's still one of the best films this year, though.

Users who are viewing this thread