India-England-Australia Tri-series - January 2015

Who will win the Carlton Mid Tri-Series ?

• India

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • England

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Australia

Votes: 14 66.7%
  • Can't Say Anything

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah senseless to say Dhawan should be out of form and ramin a passenger.

All said and done, its been a great start. The pitch seems slow, I know its Perth, but still, it in a way reminds me of one of those slow sub-continent wicket, with slow bounce, where the ball doesn't quite come on to the bat, and gets even slower in the second innings. You know the ones they say are 230 run wickets, where in the second innings one can defend 230 with spinners as the ball comes on to the bat even slowe and slower.

India with two spinners may have read the pitch perfectly here. We will wait and see. And also well done Dhawan, I would not have bet on Dhawan getting a 30 on this pitch. In all the attention on Dhawan, Rahane has gone unnoticed. He was key I feel to Dhawan getting some runs, as Rahane was ever willing to get Dhawan off strike and help him just stay in the middle. Thats a good partnership. Well Done both.

dhawan has to be in the xi imo. his poor form has been in tests, but i think we need to back him in ODIs.

An attack of Mohit and Binny at the WACA? Are we serious about our WC plans? Ishant does`nt seem half capable of entering the WC squad. Umesh should be playing today, trying to get some rhythm back at the WACA. We need Umesh and Shami firing if we are to do well in the WC. He looked alright in the first game against Australia and bowled well at the death. Very very strange decision. Axar could`ve been rested here. Umesh and Bhuvi should`ve been playing this game. Our ideas seem all messed up.

Its one thing trying out combinations but lets not forget that we have not won a single game this tour. That is`nt going to fill the side with confidence leading into a big tournament like the WC.

The more inside edges I see, the more convinced I am that the ball is not coming onto the bat, and the wicket is slow. Two spinners will really come in handy in the second innings.

Dhawan, goes, but even there, going for a cut and under/inside edging it = slow wicket.

Well done Dhawan, had to fight it out early on, and he did well, to set up a good solid opening partnership for India.

Its good to have Kohli @3.

See this is why I so much prefer ODIs to T20s. There is still room for a batsman to make the "hard" runs. On a green bouncy wicket, Dhawan had to come and fight his way to a tough 38. Its a innings that while not even a 50 gets a lot of respect. T20 on the other is just about senseless hitting.

In a T20 Dhawan could have come in, just swung like a mad man, connect a few, edged a few and could have scored the same 38 runs in a T20 off 12 deliveries and ppl would have said what a knock, but no it ain't. That 12 ball 38 is nothing compared to how tough this 38 was.

Or in the alternative Dhawan could have come in just played a mad shot and gotten out first ball, and in a T20, it would have been absolutely fine !! No one would have complained and not putting a price on his wicket when out of form, would have been pretty much par for the course.

Its just ridiculous, how ppl say ODIs have no future. Its T20 that is senseless cricket. ODIs forces a batsman to play the fine line that exists between caution and at the same time scoring under the clock. T20 is the most one dimensional cricket there ever will be.

Surprised no one has mentioned Ashwin's absence in the side. Why exactly is he being benched ? He will be critical for us in India's imo

That is a pathetic shot from Kohli. He has been in an even worse form than Dhawan in ODI's in this series. With our bowling attack, I don't see us winning this game.

Last edited:
we might as well bench kohli here afterwards aginst england, he seems determined to not make runs agsint eng

This is very disappointing ODI batting from India. A format in which they thrive, this series has been a big disappointment just before the World Cup.[DOUBLEPOST=1422595555][/DOUBLEPOST]And another one goes. The most embarrassing part is we are just gifting wickets to Moeen Ali.

wish sirji was sent in and allowed to have a go in powerplay[DOUBLEPOST=1422597272][/DOUBLEPOST]dhoni will probably go to blunt it mode[DOUBLEPOST=1422597299][/DOUBLEPOST]really need a quick 30-40 run here and jadeja having a go in powerplay would have been the best chance

I`m surprised noone has mentioned this yet. For a group that features Zimbabwe and Ireland, India could even be looking at a first round exit in this WC. I think both those games would be in NZ and if the conditions are seam friendly, we might end up being upset in one of those games. This side looks anything but settled in the lead up to the WC. The selection choices also show how scared we are of losing. Binny, Axar and Jadeja are all just half-bowlers and half-batsmen. Playing three of them in the same team is`nt going to scare anybody. Plus, Mohit`s selection in what could be the last game before the WC is baffling. Already we have passengers in the squad in the form of Ishant and Co.

Anything more than a Q/F berth would be a huge surprise. This is our worst WC squad since 1996 and even that squad had Srinath, Prasad, Kumble and co.

Users who are viewing this thread