India in the West Indies

Where are all the yorkers VRV was bowling in the A-side tournament? He seemed very fatigued and tired when he was bowling today.

West Indies has a lead now of 67 runs with six wickets.

I had expected some lesser wickets to be fallen at the way they were playing before lunch.

If West Indies manages to get around 400 runs it will a good lead for them.

I think india should have taken the New Ball and attack bradshaw for the last three overs b4 stumps.......westindies would have been on the backfoot if india had gotten atleast one more wicket. b4 close of play.............

Wow, India are really having problems here. I would never of picked the West Indies to be so dominant. Things havn't exactly gone their way, new players and stuff. But I really didn't see this comming.

irottev said:
Wow, India are really having problems here. I would never of picked the West Indies to be so dominant. Things havn't exactly gone their way, new players and stuff. But I really didn't see this comming.

i dnt knw why..... it happens only for india!!!!
i.e, whichever team is struggling or whichever player is struggling, they come to a good form after playing against india :eek:

1)It happened even to Zimbabwe. infact in one series we struggled to have a series win and infact lost the first test match(for Zimbabwe) in Zimbabawe.
We have struggled a lot of matches against them. Teams like Aussies,England and other good quality teams dont do this.

2)It also happened to Kenya...I still remeber Maurice Odumbe hitting three sixes in three balls of chopra....and infact we lost that match... We struggled to get a series win there also.

3)It is now happening to WI. "They were considerd as wounded snakes"--i dint tell this...its some commentator's comment before we left for WI. WI performing well.

4)Even players like Clarke,Kallis,Goodwin,PedroCollins etc etc have their best record against indians. if i am right kallis started growing aftr a good series against india when he was introduced.

Anyways, India is so generous that its giving light to other teams ;)
These are just my opinions.

As a enjoyer of the game, i appreciate WI's approach to India. Indians needed some severe treatment to overcome this poor abroad form. May be Chappell has to do something to end this issue of poor abroad form (like wht he did to Ganguly).

But as a Indian fan, its really frustating with the odd things indians are doing...they have the talent but they are not utilizing it.I didnt watch even a single ball after 20 overs...really frustating to support the team. :mad

The Windies are definitely in the box seat even if they did lose quick wickets. There lead is quite big for a pitch that hasn't really lived up to pre match predictions. If the pitch takes turn the Windies have Mohammed to take care of the Indians. But I wouldn't expect India to fall apart twice so the Windies should get as many runs as they can.

sohummisra said:
Remember, it takes 5 day to take the test match. Even if West Indies take this day, they will not have taken half of the days of this test match. Thus, anything can happen.

I think the warning bells were ringing when Dravid announced the team at the toss yesterday. It surprised everyone, and I'm sure it surprised a few players in the team, too.

A 77 run lead is quite good and I am sure they will stretch it to over 100. India need to bat splendidly well in the second innings to have a shot at victory! I think this match is headed for a result

aussie1st said:
The Windies are definitely in the box seat even if they did lose quick wickets. There lead is quite big for a pitch that hasn't really lived up to pre match predictions. If the pitch takes turn the Windies have Mohammed to take care of the Indians. But I wouldn't expect India to fall apart twice so the Windies should get as many runs as they can.

Definitely. I expect Sehwag to come out even aggressive in the second innings. He played really well in the first before getting out to a bad shot. India need to bowl the Windies out by the first hour tomorrow morning. I think India can still win this game if they show the determination and application needed to snatch this!

Of course they will need to keep out Bravo and Collymore to go with Bradshaw who didn't really do much in the 1st inns. It will take something special by the Indian batsmen to win this one. I suspect Bravo will be the danger as he looks to be in that zone where he can do anything. But of course India need to bowl the Windies out first of all. I have heard Mohammed is fairly decent with the bat so he will cause some problems.

saisrini80 said:
A 77 run lead is quite good and I am sure they will stretch it to over 100. India need to bat splendidly well in the second innings to have a shot at victory! I think this match is headed for a result

I ve given away away hopes sai!!!!

1)In ODI's WI were able to do tricke with slow balls...But Indians Failed.
2)In Test, WI started a test like an ODI in batting...Indians were dismissed cheaply for 240 runs!!!!

I really wonder where the balance is slipping...may be due to Sachin missing or may be Pathan missing this or may be due to overconfidence ( Remember chappell said after 1st ODI similar to the meaning, "Windies have forgotten the meaning of victories".!!!!!

In this mtach, some miracle like what happend against aussies in winning after follow on shd happen to favour India else they are sure to commit sucide!!!!

V Sehwag 12-2-32-2
if a part time offspiner can bowl so well on West Indian conditions then imagine how well Harbhajan would had bowled .and Sreesanth is going with economy rate of 6.38:mad

aussie1st said:
Of course they will need to keep out Bravo and Collymore to go with Bradshaw who didn't really do much in the 1st inns. It will take something special by the Indian batsmen to win this one. I suspect Bravo will be the danger as he looks to be in that zone where he can do anything. But of course India need to bowl the Windies out first of all. I have heard Mohammed is fairly decent with the bat so he will cause some problems.

Bravo is OUT! Ramdin and Bradshaw are batting.

gamerkid22 said:
V Sehwag 12-2-32-2
if a part time offspiner can bowl so well on West Indian conditions then imagine how well Harbhajan would had bowled .and Sreesanth is going with economy rate of 6.38:mad

Doesnt need to be true always! Anyways, we got to win with what we have, and we are capable! Lets see what happens!

surendar said:
I ve given away away hopes sai!!!!

1)In ODI's WI were able to do tricke with slow balls...But Indians Failed.
2)In Test, WI started a test like an ODI in batting...Indians were dismissed cheaply for 240 runs!!!!

I really wonder where the balance is slipping...may be due to Sachin missing or may be Pathan missing this or may be due to overconfidence ( Remember chappell said after 1st ODI similar to the meaning, "Windies have forgotten the meaning of victories".!!!!!

In this mtach, some miracle like what happend against aussies in winning after follow on shd happen to favour India else they are sure to commit sucide!!!!
there's no scope for over-confidence. May be low-confidence. Its a wonderful spell by the young pacemen, except for Collymore.

Its all-about line-length. Experience does help, but these are the basics of bowling and no matter if you are a new-bie or a pro, you should be able to bowl the ball in the right areas.

Only Munaf Patel was impressive, despite going for runs initially. Kumble was very good as well, but he lacked the support from the other end.

saisrini80 said:
Bravo is OUT! Ramdin and Bradshaw are batting.

I think he was suggesting that the Indian batsmen will need to keep him out as in negate his threat with the ball- it wasn't a reference to his status with the bat.
Anyway, great stuff from the Windies; they're definitely on top of the Indian side at present. It's good to see the middle order registering consistent starts, but I suppose if one really stepped up and went on with it after establishing himself, India would be well behind.

Indian Bowlers are piece of crap! They can't bowl! They only show off. I swear to god I will beat the **** outa of all the Indian players if they lose this Test series. They're ruinin my country by losing too many games against crappy teams.

Users who are viewing this thread