India in the West Indies

Sureshot said:
Lara has 375 and his 400 on this ground.

vs an inexperienced Indian pace attack.

I wouldn't rule out WIndies on this pitch completely, although India are massive favourites, about 70-30 imo.

I think the game will be a draw, but as I said this is the best pitch in the Windies. If Gayle gets off to another flying start and if Lara goes well WI could easily win this.

Dave Mohammed to Dhoni, out Caught by Ganga!! sweeps for a big one over midwicket, it goes very high, Ganga takes the catch just at the ropes, the evidence whether the catch is clean is inconclusive, finally after much drama Dhoni takes Ganga's word that the catch is clean M Dhoni c D Ganga b D Mohammed 69(52) 4s-4 6s-6
These sites work well
http://www.cricketworld.com/india/
http://www.cricketworld.com/statto/

What the hell yaar? All the scorecards available have gone berserk! All have stopped updating.

Hindustan Times says Dhoni is not out on 83* but Rediff says he is out on 69. Which one is right? Cricinfo is not opening at all, for me! Seems like Dhoni launched a murderous assault onto Mohammed. Poor guy!

Has Dravid declared? 391 is a great target!

Dhoni was out on 69 runs in the end. And West Indies already started batting.

Dravid declared....dhoni accepted Ganga's words n said he is out
So Dhoni has 69 of 52....WI need 392...n they r going to bat another 5 overs today

Well done Dhoni, yet again imo showing why Cricket is much more sporting than any other sport.

saisrini80 said:
Thanks friend! Was getting irritated by other scorecards!

Thank god, Dravid declared! This is going to be an intense battle. Should be an exciting game from now on. Its going to be Kumble vs West Indies!

Pretty funny. They're ripping the commentary of Cricbuzz: http://www.cricbuzz.com/WI_Ind.html

Not really a gamble. Windies have to score 379 at more than 4 runs per over. Not easy against Kumble on a turning wicket. I don't think they can win it.

WOWOWOWW....what a inning by MS DHONI! OUTSTANDING innings by the hindustani hero. All 4 results are possible...wi winning...ind winning....draw...tie

kelvinismyname said:
Dravid took a gamble Declaring....westindies still in with a chance if Gayle is there tommorow

Its really not a gamble. If India had batted right through the day, Dravid would have been termed defensive. This is a positive target for Dravid to declare on. He has one of the world's best bowler at his disposal and that bowler is in prime form now. he has some good supporting acts like Sehwag and Yuvraj. I think India can still win this. In fact, I feel India stand the best chance to win. Rarely have they lost after staging a strong comeback batting in the second innings after failing to do so in the first innings (Kolkatta 2001 the best example).

I feel the spinners should do the bulk of the bowling tomorrow. I think even Laxman or Dravid can bowl some overs tomorrow. Both are off spinners. Thelast over of today bowled by Kumble suggests that the wicket still has turn in it and should be exploited to its best!

cricket4life said:
WOWOWOWW....what a inning by MS DHONI! OUTSTANDING innings by the hindustani hero. All 4 results are possible...wi winning...ind winning....draw...tie

I would put "India winning" ahead of "WI winning". I dont think Windies will have a draw in their mind. They know they have chased a target more than this before, and they will believe that they can do it again (they should be senseless if they dont). And if the Windies believe that they can win, so do the Indians because when you go for your shots, you also stand an equal chance of losing your wicket!

Not comparing Kumble to d.Mohamed or gayle but the westindies spinners did not look too threating,& the pitch seems to be a Dead one..so i dont think kumble will get alot of success also given india inexperience bowling attack westindies have a good chance of creating a upset.......The westindies made 318 in one day in the first innings( with the pitch still havin some life in it) The pitch is dead so 379 in a day looks to be on the cards

Lolz...one more thing...Bravo was jumping all over the place like a kangaroo awhile he was close fielder when Dhoni was facing spinners. Hahaha that was funny. Come on India! And, Dhoni you have showed the Caribbeanhow he can entertain them in the upcoming world cup 2007.

kelvinismyname said:
Not comparing Kumble to d.Mohamed or gayle but the westindies spinners did not look too threating,& the pitch seems to be a Dead one..so i dont think kumble will get alot of success also given india inexperience bowling attack westindies have a good chance of creating a upset.......The westindies made 318 in one day in the first innings( with the pitch still havin some life in it) The pitch is dead so 379 in a day looks to be on the cards

Mohammed hardly looked as tame as you would claim. If I'm not mistaken he was the highest wicket taker for the Windies. The Windies' Pacers were erratic at times, and Mohammed is, IMHO, underrated.

Users who are viewing this thread