India tour of Australia Nov'20-Jan'21

qpeedore

SOTM Winner - July 2014
Harris just overreacted to him falling over to Sundar's 3rd ball. I think it's because he probably could have been stumped.

EDIT: Would have taken lightning reflexes, but yeah there was just that nanosecond when he could have been.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
I didn't know you can review after the time is over. It was quite clear that Warner signalled that after the timer was over.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Not watching the game, but people on Twitter are saying that Warne, who's on commentary, accused Natarajan of spot-fixing, because most of his no-balls in the match were on the first ball of the over?
Ridiculous thing for him to say, if true.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
No problems there, I saw this one. That's definitely out. Warner's moustache reviewed just about in time, but to no avail. He made the signal just about in time.
Watching it live as well. Even I think Gilchrist mentioned it on the commentary that he took it after the allotted time and umpire Paul Wilson shut him down but somehow it still went through.

Edit: They just showed it again and it was quite clear that he signalled for a review after it was zero on the timer.

RichieBGM

Associate Captain
All gone a bit per shaped since drinks. Mr 30s and get myself out.. is at it again.. not Test standard. Sayonora Harris.

Washington has worked his arm ball again to snare a wicket. If Warner cant pick a spinner by now.. no hope.

Is up to Smith and Labuchagne to steady the ship.. again and then push on and break India's resilience.

Last edited:

qpeedore

SOTM Winner - July 2014
Not watching the game, but people on Twitter are saying that Warne, who's on commentary, accused Natarajan of spot-fixing, because most of his no-balls in the match were on the first ball of the over?
Ridiculous thing for him to say, if true.

Warne isn't exactly a stranger to controversy. I've been looking at Natarajan's no-balls, and a lot of them are line calls, so really not too much to discuss there.

Watching it live as well. Even I think Gilchrist mentioned it on the commentary that he took it after the allotted time and umpire Paul Wilson shut him down but somehow it still went through.

Edit: They just showed it again and it was quite clear that he signalled for a review after it was zero on the timer.

It went to the TV umpire though, and either way it was still out. Now if the decision had been reversed...that's a whole different issue. As it stands, Australia loses a review (and their own damn fault, btw), and the correct on-field call remains true. It wasn't after the countdown though. It was just before.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
It went to the TV umpire though, and either way it was still out. Now if the decision had been reversed...that's a whole different issue. As it stands, Australia loses a review (and their own damn fault, btw), and the correct on-field call remains true. It wasn't after the countdown though. It was just before.

I am not sure which channel you are watching on but Fox just showed it twice again with the timer on the side and it shows that Warner signalled a second AFTER it was zero on the timer.

qpeedore

SOTM Winner - July 2014
FoxSports is a TV presenter, not a match referee. Neither am I. So I'll say that it was within the limit, mate.

As to the other topic at hand, if you want to talk about spot-fixing, there's a recent (and in some ways heartbreaking) article on Cricinfo recently about a player who not only admits to it, but what he had to do and how he went about doing it.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
FoxSports is a TV presenter, not a match referee. Neither am I. So I'll say that it was within the limit, mate.
LOL I can't believe you are arguing with me on this when Adam Gilchrist literally just mentioned on the commentary that Warner got lucky that the umpires allowed him to review that decision. Anyways, whatever makes you happy.

qpeedore

SOTM Winner - July 2014
Siraj strikes!

For everything he's done in his career thus far, I think that India has had the better of Marnus (don't ask me to spell his last name please, it's damn near Sri Lankan in vowels)...

Not arguing with you. But what I'm saying is that it was allowed and it's my belief that he reviewed in time. One belief against yours. Neither is right or wrong. It WAS reviewed and it WAS out. (EDIT: Here's my very calm point...it was given out originally. Warner could have chosen not to review, or the review could have been said to have been called for after the time limit. It was out, he'd have still been out. It wasn't an umpire's call, it wasn't missing the stumps. He was out whether he reviewed it or not. All Australia has done is lost a review. Out of 3, one more than usual.)

In the end, cricket won. Out is out.

Siraj strikes again!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread