India tour of New Zealand - March 2009

Your prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Yeah we have two very good bowlers in Zak and Ishant. Imagine what they can do on a green pitch after what they did on a Mohali Track...

irottev

School Cricketer
A lot of you expect green pitches and seaming wickets. Don't be disappointed when you find out our pitches aren't so bowler friendly anymore.

Being a mid-summer tour, pitch preparation won't (shouldn't) be hampered at all. I'd say they'll get a bit of help but nothing like what you guys saw in the past. They'll need to swing the ball as well.

Games vs England
Hamilton: http://content-nz.cricinfo.com/nzveng/engine/current/match/300442.html
Wellington:http://content-nz.cricinfo.com/nzveng/engine/current/match/300443.html

And you know if NZ can put up first innings scores like 470, or 4th innings of 300+ then the pitches are pretty flat.

Sidebottom got a lot of wickets because of accuracy and swinging the ball, that will be he key, if India have someone accurate and who can get a bit of swing as opposed to seam.

Last edited:

manee

Chairman of Selectors
That 470 was due largely to Harmison and Hoggard both being horribly ineffective. I saw a great deal of the series and there was a lot of seam on offer and the pitches had a bit of juice in them, to say the least. They were certainly not garden standard, but certainly seaming imo. Zaheer Khan should have an absolute dream in New Zealand as the conditions are similar to England where he did so well.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
The only thing i'm not looking forward to about this series are the tiny grounds. It makes cricket a lot less interesting when top edges fly for pretty easy sixes. It totally negates any bowling advantage (if there is any at all) because all you need to do is pierce it past the ring timed well enough and it's four.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Yes,the small grounds would offer an advantage to big hitters in both teams.Sehwag played well in NZ last time round,expect Dhoni to make it big here.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
The pitches have always been diffrent when India tours. I have never seen Aussies or Englishmen offered these types of pitches in past too.

jordox

International Cricketer
India can even send C class side cos they will losse poorly. No Indian side can win on green like outfield pitches.

And then these guys complain if we give them turners. :rolleyes:

I disagree man ;)

NZ pitches aren't actually that green, but even if they were like they used to be I still think India would win. Sharma and Zaheer would go very well, and the Indian batsman are superior. Sure, it wont be as easy as it is for them at the moment in their own country, but I really wouldn't write them off. At all.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
If some of you forgot

http://content-www.cricinfo.com/ci/content/story/113303.html

scion_sid added 3 Minutes and 20 Seconds later...

040868.jpg

irottev

School Cricketer
Vettori isn't bad actually. He's done a really good job so far. Yu don't replace a Stephen Fleming over night.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Yoiu are right,Fleming was the skip since Germon retired,thats a good 10 years and to get over something thats so good,will take time.

Vettori isnt bad,but he doesnt have a proper team.

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
He's doing a good job of leading from the front though.

karnog

International Cricketer
I wouldn't mind coming down to NZ to watch. Small crowds and one of the few places with grassy seating areas plus would make a good holiday. Add to that uni is so taxing. Sounds good.

The problem with the kiwis is that they've got a few very talented, almost class players but are surrounded by very average players. Success for them in tests surrounds 2-3 players only: Mcculum, Vettori and Oram. I rate Taylor to be another stand out players but at the moment he frustrates everyone with his silly twenty20 shots. ODIs will be exciting though.

Last edited:

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Couldn't agree with Karnog more. Vettori, Oram, and McCullum are all class. But everyone else? Meh. Ross Taylor is a fantastic Limited Overs batsman, but I just don't see him doing anything against a team like India in the whites.

Users who are viewing this thread