India tour of New Zealand - March 2009

Your prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OMG, did you guys see that. :eek:

Vettori got the ball to turn, and he also got Sehwag out with it.

Anyway good effort from Ryder, he looks like the first world class batsman we've ever had since Martin Crowe & Andrew Jones.

Good to see that McCullum has finally proven he isn't just a minnow basher, and I guess he probably won't have to worry about his spot for another 3 years after his innings.

Also Good work by the Spin Twins hopefully our pace attack, turns up tomorrow and helps them a little.

Great job by NZ today this is what they can do when everyone contributes and not just one or two players. Once we get the openers sorted out and find a strike bowler there is no reason why we can't beat the best.

Very glad that we picked Patel that extra spinner could be the difference in the end I think India made a bad decision by not playing Mishra.

I must say I was very nervous with McCullum he has been out in the 90's so many times and I was almost as excited as he was when he got it. :D

Nice job New Zealand.They really made the Indians toil hard for the eight wickets they lost.
But its not all over for India now.
The Wall and The Master are still there.I predict this match to become a draw.90% atleast.

Gardening? More like surfing and fishing. The retired 38 year old man scored twice as many 100's as Sehwag.

The only one that will be gardening is Virender Sehwag if he maintains this average of 12. Gardening to regrow his hair.

It's good to see NZ doing well. How good would it be to see New Zealand beat India by an innings. :D

Just like thrashing England 5-0 in Ashes :p

WORLD CHAMPIONS added 1 Minutes and 41 Seconds later...

So? If you still comparing Sehwag and Hayden let me remind you Hayden is retired 38 year old person from cricket, who at the moment is enjoying gardening or sitting on Lawn chair.

At the other hand Sehwag is still here, as a opener.

Why do you have to bring Hayden in each and every thread.. :rolleyes: Go to Never End topics forum and do that! :rolleyes: When it goes beyond a limit, it's too much annoying.. What do you want? Hayden is best when compared to Bradman also.. No-one in this world ( was/will be) born to bat like Hayden, THE only BEST CRICKETER to know CRICKET. :rolleyes:Enough? :rolleyes:Don't bring Hayden in Ind-NZ thread anymore! :rolleyes:

I cannot see a single post of Ben here, regarding Hayden, where you two found :confused:

What surprises me more than New Zealands dominance is the fact Vettoris got a couple of wickets against good opposition! His record against the top sides is poor.

What surprises me more than New Zealands dominance is the fact Vettoris got a couple of wickets against good opposition! His record against the top sides is poor.

But I rate him as a best left arm spinner.. For RF - McGrath, LF - Wasim Akram, Right Spin - Warne/Murali and Left Spin - Vettori are my favorites.

That too pitch going to the third day, I can expect Harbhajan's dominance on Day 4/5 as well. But Kiwis are comfortably in drivers seat as Schumacher :p India need patience and first they should cross the follow-on target. No point in playing and getting out like Sehwag!:rolleyes:

Yeh, he's probably the best left-arm spinner going around at the minute, although he and Panesar aren't far apart in Test cricket. Vettori's overall record in the past 5 years isn't too bad either, but it's his record against the better sides which lets him down. Take a look at the stats:

Australia: 24 wickets at 43.58
England: 23 wickets at 39.60
India: 4 wickets at 26.50
South Africa: 7 wickets at 63.85
Sri Lanka: 10 wickets at 19.30

The only top side he's actually performed against is Sri Lanka, although that was only in 2 Tests. He's got a poor record against Australia, South Africa and England, and he's not really played enough games against India to make those stats worth counting. His overall average is saved by 40 wickets at 12 against Bangladesh, 11 wickets at 13 against Zimbabwe and 17 wickets at 22 against West Indies, the 3 weakest sides in Test cricket in the last 5 years.

He's a class act in the ODi and T20 formats of the game, but his record in Test cricket leaves alot to be desired. He's probably still the best option, because of what he offers all-round, probably helps that the 2nd best option, Patel averages over 40 in FC cricket as well. I think Vettori's pretty over-rated in Test cricket.

Vettori plays in a relatively weak cricketing team though and has done so since a teenager. He also plays on surfaces which offer very little to the spinners and because he is obviously the best bowler in the team; teams often tend to not attack him as much as other spinners. Instead choose to make sure that they don't give him their wicket and then attack the other bowlers which of course, isn't going to help his statistics. You gotta remember, the NZ batting and bowling has generally been quite poor during Vettori's career and his probably often bowled in the first innings (on NZ pitches which offer nothing) of a Test Match and the opposition have probably put on 600 in the first-innings due to a mediocre pace attack and NZ have probably ended up losing outright and furthermore Vettori hasn't gotten as many chances to bowl on the last day or in the 4th innings with a big score on the board.

In a stronger team on more helpful surfaces, he could easily average under 30.

With the way we have fielded and batted, we don't deserve to even draw the match. We dropped like what, 8 catches? Courtesy of Mr Dinesh DROPthik, Yuvi, Dravid, and Ishant, not to forget the amazing fielding in the outfield by Munaf Patel. An Indian win is definitely out of the question now since Sehwag is gone. Hope Dravid and Sach plays tomorrow with positive intent. If they keep blocking all the balls, then expect the "demons" to come out of this pitch like before.

This picture truly depicts the state of the match.

101129.jpg

What an awesome pic.

Last edited:
the first session will be very crictical Sachin And Rahul should manage to survive and just try to defend and singles is what we want quick scorers are already out but UV the Kind of T0 is still to come :happy.

300 runs possible (3rd day stumps?? :(

You just watch, my dad and Rahul Dravid will be involved in a 500 run partnership.

First off, very good day batting yesterday by Ryder,Franklin,McCullum,Vettori.
Quite funny seeing ol' Jesse Ryder pack a sad after dismissal though. :D
India didn't have a good start unfortunately..
But now we have arguably 2 of the Greatest batters ever in now (not to mention greatest batting minds). This is where it begins.

Brilliant start by NZ,
India should try and get as many as the can this innings, and force NZ to choke in the second innings.
Going by history I can see that happening.
But personally i hope NZ can level the series.:D:D
Makes for a brilliant 3rd test.

good start so far for the indians on the 3rd day,both batsmen looking very solid should go on to score big runs.

0601731 added 24 Minutes and 25 Seconds later...

big blow for india,sachin is gone for 49....he was looking so good.

Oh crap, my dad's one. Oh well, Unclee VVS will save the day.

I think it's safe to say that The Wall is back.

Users who are viewing this thread