India

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The news channels and some of the media are reacting because of Dhoni's rift with them. They want to deliberately crucify Dhoni and also make money out of it. In fact, I heard that the effigy burning of Dhoni at Ranchi was orchestrated by one of the news channels in India who created a few people to do it and then shot it to show that people are protesting.

Yeah, the T20 trend is something that cant be overlooked. The favorites almost always dont win. The unexpected teams finally win the trophy. Last time, India were unexpected, this time they were the most expected. Next time hopefully, they will have far lesser expectations and can possibly farther than the Super Eights. Its just a 9 month gap and so we should set our sights on it. But right now, we have another ICC event coming up this year with the ODI champions trophy. In ODI, the favorites have a really good chance to win and India should be one of the favorites (our ODI record has been outstanding in recent times). We have beaten Australia in Australia, Sri Lanka in Sri Lanka, New Zealand in New Zealand and if we beat West Indies in West Indies, thats a huge bonus to have beaten all these nations in their home grounds. I am backing us to bounce back mentally from this defeat and we should start doing well again in ODI's.

I heard Sehwag most probably wont be there for the Champions Trophy. We should most probably have Sachin back fully fit by then. So Sachin should take over the opener's cap along with Gambhir and this should negate the Sehwag factor to a good extent (Sachin as an opener is a unique trump card in itself).

Last edited:

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Online Cricket Games Owned
The news channels and some of the media are reacting because of Dhoni's rift with them. They want to deliberately crucify Dhoni and also make money out of it. In fact, I heard that the effigy burning of Dhoni at Ranchi was orchestrated by one of the news channels in India who created a few people to do it and then shot it to show that people are protesting.

And I'm made fun of when I say I don't trust India media - just saying.

Wasn't there a story about how in 2007 WC people destroyed part of Dhoni's house (or was it a temple dedicated to Dhoni) and then in the T20 version when Dhoni won they rebuilt it?

Amiya

Panel of Selectors
Actually the main road of Ranchi was jammed by the people who were burning the effigy of Dhoni. Damn i was caught in that jam for half an hour. I specially went to Ranchi to see the reaction of peoples. It was awfull.

naresh091

International Cricketer
I suspect Times Now could be that channel.They're broadcasting even the tiniest of mistakes that Dhoni did.And are asking for his resignation.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Thank You but no Sehwag as captain.

Amiya

Panel of Selectors
Dhoni should remain as captain. News channels sucks badly. Whenever i watch any of this type of news, i thought of throwing my bat at T.V. Lol.

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Those stupid, arrogant news channels just need some stuff to fill in. Whether they're pointless, or not.

End.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Well to be honest I love these channels. Without then I wont have any entertainment as TV is filled with crap serials these days.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Yuvraj Singh is not the option because he himself feels captaincy is a burden. Sehwag is a poor captain (we all saw how India performed in one of those tests in NZ with Dhoni injured and Sehwag filling in as captain). Zaheer Khan isnt 100% sure of playing all games. Gambhir, Raina and Rohit Sharma are all too raw for captaincy (atleast two of them are not sure of their places too). Harbhajan as captain?? Thats a comedy (we saw how he captained in the first edition of the IPL).

So Dhoni is the only option (atleast for the next 3 yrs or until Badrinath settles himself into the team).

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Yousuf Pathan would be an option in couple of years. he will get better from Shane Warne in IPL.

but dont see that happening. Dhoni is the best choice, he is one of the best Indian skipper (with all due respect to Ganguly)

Users who are viewing this thread