Story India's Journey To WCup,Special Edition-Johnnie Walker is back!

Who will win this ICC World Cup?

• The Powerless, West Indies

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bangladesh

• Ireland

• Zimbabwe

• Total voters

Aussie Team

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
surprised Clarke was run out. It clearly shows that he was in. but well played Ponting, he took his time and played extremely well against them.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
surprised Clarke was run out. It clearly shows that he was in. but well played Ponting, he took his time and played extremely well against them.

Some part of the bat should be beyond that line right to consider it as not out? On the line is out is what I always thought even in reality. :) Anyways, it's AC09 umpire decision :D

Dutchmen

Club Captain
Australia are on command position. have been taken they time to get the things going (with Ponting and Hussey adding more than 100 for the pair) Hussey worked hard for his class stuff and Ponting usual brilliant knock and a comeo from Clarke which ended the Aussie's innings on a.... now we have to do with the bat, lets hope well.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
:happy Thank you guys for the excellent feedback/views :happy
I am done with England innings as well. I should say, I myself went clueless about the result till the end. And for the info, I was playing as England. Updates coming up shortly. :)

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
starpw7.jpg
L I V E

India In Australia
CommonWealth Bank Series 07
Finals 2 : Australia Vs England

End of Second Innings
Live From Sydney, Australia.

Best of Three Finals- Second Finals

bannertitleey7.jpg

England Vs Australia - End of Second Finals

Once again, welcome back to our studio for the second innings of this second finals between England & Australia. With 250+ on the board, Aussie bowlers gain a marginal upper hand as chasing such a score under lights & under Aussie conditions is never going to be easy.

Strauss or Ponting?

matchbanner.jpg

Strauss, being the skipper as well as the opener, arrived with huge pressure on his shoulders. In the other end, Ponting kept his head cool and continued his typical style of setting the attacking field to pressurize the opponent team. With Ponting remaining as the most experienced between these two under such conditions, the mind battles of Aussie skipper with the England side gets heated up further.

Ponting's Attempt to win an Opponent with CLASSIC Sledgings!

update1.png

Johnson, Lee & Siddle shared the new ball while Bopara joined Strauss to face the opening bowlers. Both these batsmen received some heavy body blows of the quality pace attack initially. With atleast a blow per over, the sledging from bowlers almost kept continuing without any umpire's interruption which remained as surprise to everyone in the spectator stand. In one of the occasions, even Aussie skipper was commanding Strauss to get back to pavilon when he(Strauss) was struck by a heavy ribcage blow. This clearly indicated Pontings' tactics to pressure the opponents to give up with mind battles.

Strauss's Merciless Reply To Aussie Skipper.

update2.png

England skipper turned those mind battles to positive ones by taking a bold risk of going blindly over the bowlers. Lee was given a merciless counter-attack by Strauss and he played a blinder of an innings after initial body blows. However, Bopara in other end became the victim of Lee. Wright, who was promoted up in the order did not last long either. Lee, though he remained expensive because of Strauss, gave vital breakthroughs for Australia by getting rid of both Bopara & Wright.

Partnership that Frustrated Aussies - KP/Strauss!

update3.png

Pietersen's matured gameplay along with Strauss's very aggressive mode helped England to keep the scorecard ticking all the time. This indeed placed the Aussie skipper under good pressure and he kept shuffling his bowling options -Hauritz/Hopes/Lee/Siddle/Johnson.

None succeeded in applying brakes to the flawless flow of England skipper - Strauss. Mighty hits followed by the mighty hits just kept all the English spectators away from their seats, i.e. they just kept jumping with sheer excitement. Strauss reached century and received standing ovation from everyone in the stadium i.e., even from Aussie spectators. Century didn't apply brakes either, as Strauss continued to destroy the Aussie hopes.

Run rate of England was almost around 6 RPO which inturn reduced the required rate automatically. Ponting was forced to press the panic button when the batting powerplay was taken during the 30th over. Fortunately, the game didn't go as one side domination.

Batting Powerplay Turned Otherway for England!

update4.png

Strauss even managed to cross 150 mark which once again brought everyone to cheer this exceptional innings. With batting powerplay taken & Strauss/KP in solid touch, it looked to be over for Aussies but from nowhere, Johnson gave a miraculous bounce back. Yes, Johnson got rid of dangerman - Strauss by a LBW which seemed to be a controversial end. Ball seemed to go past the leg stumps but replay did confirm that, ball would have managed to hit the edge of those leg stumps.

This started the collapse for England as none of the batsmen managed to keep the momentum going. Morgan, Prior, Colly, Broad, Swann miserable failed against Johnson and Hauritz. However, Pietersen managed to anchor the innings and took England forward to a very close & tight finish.

KP - As cool as Cucumber, finished off in Style.

update5.png

Pietersen did an excellent job in keeping the scorecard ticking with Broad, Swann, Sidebottom and Anderson on the other side. England were 9 wickets down and there was around 10+ runs to get but, Pietersen kept his head cool and took England to the victory lap. He(KP) also crossed his half century but the pressure of batting with tail did not bother him to realize his personal milestone. The victory runs came in style with a big typical Pietersen's SIX off Johnson in the 50th over. Those runs made Aussies to continue their poor run in Commonwealth Bank series.

England dressing room broke out into the ground with huge excitement & joy. Pietersen & Anderson were lifted by players and they continued to celebrate this historical win over the hosts.

England's Dream to lift CB Series Come TRUE!

update6.png

With England finishing the CB series with pride, the confidence and morale of the team goes on a higher side for the mega tournament - The World Cup! :) With England being the venue for the world cup, the in-form English side is expected to be a strong contender for this big trophy.

Match Summary

rmpmvc.png

Master Blaster of the Day - Andrew Strauss

With a nail biting finish to the CB series, hope you viewers have thoroughly enjoyed this Australian tour from the ESPN-STAR network. Hope to see you guys back soon in the biggest tournament - WORLD CUP! Till then, take care & Bye from the studio.

ICC World Cup 2007 - Official Promo Video

Recommended to watch in full screen

starpw7.jpg

@copyrights Reserved

Last edited by a moderator:

Aussie Team

Panel of Selectors
well deserve win for Strauss and his team-mates, that innings that a huge blow for the Aussie's. it was really a great cricking game and a fantastic tour comes to flashing end.

Lee was expensive with 71 runs in his spell, that probably cost for them.

Aditya

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Strauss and Kevin played brilliantly. This surely was a crucial win for England because the world cup is soon going to start. England team confidence would surely be high and that's a big plus for the side.

Australian team surely needs to improve their performance as the world cup is soon going to start.

Great update Surendar. :hpraise

AkshayS

Chairman of Selectors
absolutely brilliant batting through Strauss and KP. They just pwned the Aussies there. Struass played one of the greatest ODI innings.:hpraise

Waiting for the World Cup, loved the promos. Great update man.

Dutchmen

Club Captain
yeah, we have done that before as well. :p that wonderful knock from Strauss had surprised me and I've never seen him playing such greatly. that performance will surely put English team on a command position.

harrisb

International Coach
Lovely work on the video Suren, i hope for more videos (match highlights maybe?) of the World Cup. It really gives the story an extra edge.

Varun

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Absolutely brilliant update, perfect graphics, perfect writing perfect everything. The same way the Englishmen performed - perfectly. TBH, I felt transferred to a real stadium and watching a match.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Hmmm, seems like the Aussies won't get their hands on the CB Series trophy at all. In real life they were defeated by India and now here by England.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
espnsmall.png

World Cup 2007
India in England
Special Edition 1

Battle of the Champions- Coach's Talk

cricketchatbanner.png

Hello and warm welcome to the studio for World cup special show with Harsha Bhogle - " Battle Of The Champions ". If anyone is wondering what this show is all about, well, you can have a look back to last year's tournament i.e. Champions Trophy 2006 ( click ), where this show was welcomed by many viewers. Yes, we are back again with another BANG!

With the Indian Coach - Steve Waugh

chatwithsteve.png

" It makes me to feel better as a coach than a batsman " - S.Waugh

harshasmall.png
: Delighted in opening up this show today with one of the legends - Steve Waugh, the former world cup holder for Australia and the current Indian coach. He also contributes in charity orgainzation across the world that run in 32 countries similar to his 32 test centuries. Welcome to the show, Stevie!

stevesmall.png
: It's good to be here with the best statistician, Harsha. :)

harshasmall.png
: ( ...laugh... ). Not at all, am not that comfortable in tracking stats, but it is always good to know the legends. :) Well Stevie, could you tell us briefly about the life after your cricket? We did hear that you spend around 30 hours a week for charity. So, could you explain us the difference of being a crickter, current coach and a philanthropist?

stevesmall.png
: Well, I love cricket, cricket is my blood, cricket is my passion, but I also like to go in different direction that gives me a good feeling of being a complete philanthropist. I always like to do what I want to. It is better than spending your rest of the career in fishing, you know. :)

harshasmall.png
: So, you are feeling good now after the retirement? ;)

stevesmall.png
: It certainly gives you a relief from all kind of pressures that a normal captain/cricketer faces. Yes, coaching is also a challenging strategic job, but it's not new to me though.

harshasmall.png
: Surprised to hear from a subcontinent coach that there is no pressure to handle the subcontinent boys. ( ... laugh ... )

stevesmall.png
: No, not like that. Indian team is one talented side with plenty of experienced guys and the promising youngsters serving for their nation. In this way, the future young talents of Indian side are lucky to get many strategies and tips from their seniors. I am feeling better now as a coach than as a batsman.
harshasmall.png
: With senior guys still in the side along with the fresh young blood, how is the preparation going on? I am sure, you should have received plenty of critics from media for the loss of ODI series in Australia.

stevesmall.png
: To be frank, despite the loss of ODI series in Australia, we did get many plus points and it's important for us to carry those for the world cup as well. In England, the conditions are going to be all together different and am sure that, our team is going to give more than their best to reach the final destination of this world cup. Our boys have been doing great as well in the coaching camp. Some of our pace bowlers have been attending the one month camp @ MRF pace foundation. Overall, I can say, we are not the best but we are one of the better sides to give a tough competition to all.
harshasmall.png
: In this world cup, which team do you rate as the most dangerous and deserving one for the title?

stevesmall.png
: Definitely, Australia! They always like to dominate the other teams and win them. With the recent defeat in CB series finals, I am sure that their wound requires a revenge to get heeled. As an Indian coach, we are not really concerned about opponent's strength as we are currently concentrating hard to enhance our own strength. It's when you start analyzing your opponent's skills, you fail to realize the fall of your own skill. We don't want to do that. :)

harshasmall.png
: One Aussie recognising other Aussie's path. ;) Well, Thank You very much Stevie for turning up to the studio. Wishing you and your boys of the Indian side, all the very best for this mega tournament - World Cup 2007!

stevesmall.png
: Thank you, Harsha. I personally hope that you continue to track the stats of our Indian team in this world cup. :p

harshasmall.png
: You must be kidding, Stevie! :) Well, before we leave the studio, we would like to show you viewers - The official world cup theme song composed by none other than a music legend - AR Rahman. With this theme song, we are signing off from the studio and we will be back soon with the next special edition. Till then, take care and good bye. :)

ICC World Cup 2007 - Theme Song

Recommended to watch fully till the end.

espnsmall.png

@copyrights Reserved

Last edited by a moderator:

gutterman

International Cricketer
it's been a while since i read this story, but i'm glad to see it's still going. it's one of the best stories ive ever read. and its good to see the presentation is always superb. so is the writin

Aussie Team

Panel of Selectors
The video just looks smashing. I think you really worked hard on it, and that blast me up. And the interview looks fantastic, neither me can do this and boy o, boy video has impressed. Geez, did you do it on your own?

Users who are viewing this thread