India's tour of West Indies June 2011

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Sidhu's century was simply great. It came against a good attack and at a time when the WI team was still feared at home.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
the problem with Kensington is that they hardly play any local game here now since the Kensington ground was rebuild.
Before it was home of the Pickwick in the Barbados domestic competition, now only the finals are played there. the oval is been use for many other things than Cricket nowadays.

I see.

War

Chairman of Selectors
How come Indian fans aren't talking about this series yet?. Its is before the ENG series however & the windies @ full-strenght will be no pushovers.

P

pcfan123

lol the Windies will get steam rolled, full strength or not. They never look like they are into the game (in Test cricket). It's very easy to win Test matches in just 1-2 sessions against them. I reckon India will bat them into submission on those flat decks

War

Chairman of Selectors
Ha ah yes the underating of the caribbean side.

Firstly have you looked at the schedule?. The first two test are on the bouncy Barbados & Jamaica wickets. We all saw how lively Barbados was just the T20 world cup.

It would be insulting to expect a full-strenght WI team such as this on such pitches to get steam rolled by anybody:

Gayle
Barath
Sarwan
D Bravo
C"Paul
Nash
DW Bravo
Baugh
Taylor
Roach
Edwards

P

pcfan123

Yea if that side goes in, but the chance of a Roach, Edwards and Taylor attack all together is very slim. That's very rarely happened, someone is always injured.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
lol the Windies will get steam rolled, full strength or not. They never look like they are into the game (in Test cricket). It's very easy to win Test matches in just 1-2 sessions against them. I reckon India will bat them into submission on those flat decks

England thought the same and lost the Series 1-0...

P

pcfan123

England thought the same and lost the Series 1-0...

True but I watched every single ball of that series and England basically lost one really bad session to Taylor. Then they windies drew 4 matches on pancakes. So hardly a comprehensive victory. In fact, the Windies battled on at least 2 of the matches to save them in the last session of Day 5. IIRC Edwards batted well that series and saved a few matches.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
True but I watched every single ball of that series and England basically lost one really bad session to Taylor. Then they windies drew 4 matches on pancakes. So hardly a comprehensive victory. In fact, the Windies battled on at least 2 of the matches to save them in the last session of Day 5. IIRC Edwards batted well that series and saved a few matches.

Yes Edwards and Powell saved the tests in Antigua and Trinidad. But they still won the series which England took as a warm up for the Ashes and they ended up losing.

If WI can have Taylor back with Roach then it will make a big difference. It wont be Roach trying to break the Indian batting lineup on his own.

India go in as favorites because of their strong batting but WI can hold their own at home.

P

pcfan123

If Roach, Edwards and Taylor play together then it's a whole new story. I just don't think they will. I'd be interested to know how many times that has been the attack? I can barely remember once.

Also I'd back benn to do well. He has potential as a Test bowler

mohit_dude10

Club Captain
If WI prepare tracks like SA did, they will be digging graves for themselves, because certainly Indian batting line-up will sustain the conditions against their bowlers, but they will be in trouble against Zak(if he isn't injured) and Bhajji.

It will be a tough series though, last time too India didn't win very comprehensively, but this time Tendulkar is back so much stronger batting line up.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
when the windies beat england, england were a rather rubbish side, with KP captain, the whole team a bit of a mess and the like. England are far better now and india are far better than england were then. this is all over-looking the somewhat cynical pitch preperation and the fact the windies spent most matches on the backfoot. still see a drawn test in there for sure, and india will need to be careful that they don't get it all wrong against some bouncey bowling. but a 1-1 is the absolute best the windies can hope for imo.

and darren sammy is still captain so this fantasy line up of taylor, roach and edwards will definitely not happen. not that I can understand why you'd want edwards. He's quick but utter garbage, even india can take apart express pace bowling if it's rubbish, ask shaun tait.

Last edited:

War

Chairman of Selectors
when the windies beat england, england were a rather rubbish side, with KP captain, the whole team a bit of a mess and the like. England are far better now and india are far better than england were then. this is all over-looking the somewhat cynical pitch preperation and the fact the windies spent most matches on the backfoot. still see a drawn test in there for sure, and india will need to be careful that they don't get it all wrong against some bouncey bowling. but a 1-1 is the absolute best the windies can hope for imo.

and darren sammy is still captain so this fantasy line up of taylor, roach and edwards will definitely not happen. not that I can understand why you'd want edwards. He's quick but utter garbage, even india can take apart express pace bowling if it's rubbish, ask shaun tait.

You do realise WIndies have a 2 test vs Pakistan before IND right? So if Sammy fails as expected then. With middle order bats like Samuels, Sarwan returning in form in the next 6 months etc. Sammy can easily be axed as skipper with Gayle reinstated or DW Bravo being captain by the time the IND series comes around.

Secondly clearly you haven't followed Edwards test career well or recently before he suffered that back injury in 2009. Since its quite disrespectful for you to compare his test performances to Shaun Tait.

Since Edwards became a test standard bowler vs South Africa 07/08, after spending this first 4 years in international cricket basically learning on the job. Since lets not forget Edwards was picked for test cricket with no First class experience, instead because he tested Brian Lara in the nets.

He averaged34 between SA 07 - ENG 09, putting in an impressive bowling haul in each series & was getting better.

Of course now that he is back playing cricket, returning from a back injury we dont know if he will be back to 90 mph & will continue to build on his progress between late 2007 - mid 2009. So we shall see how he progresses in 6 months.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread