India's tour of West Indies June 2011

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
If Roach, Edwards and Taylor play together then it's a whole new story. I just don't think they will. I'd be interested to know how many times that has been the attack? I can barely remember once.

Also I'd back benn to do well. He has potential as a Test bowler

The only time all 3 played together was in a 20/20 against Australia 2 years ago. Edwards and Taylor didnt play against Bangladesh when Roach made his test debut and both have been injured since. Taylor and Roach started the first test in Australia last year but Taylor got injured in his opening spell.

As for Benn it will be a big test for him. With many exceptional spin players in the Indians squad it can be a make or break series for him.

and darren sammy is still captain so this fantasy line up of taylor, roach and edwards will definitely not happen. not that I can understand why you'd want edwards. He's quick but utter garbage, even india can take apart express pace bowling if it's rubbish, ask shaun tait.

All 3 of them wont play together IMO. Taylor is much closer to coming back (currently playing for Jamaica in Caribbean T20) but Edwards had a far worse injury and has a longer road ahead of him.
As War said Edwards for 2 years before his injury was a good bowlers. Both him and Taylor had to learn on the job, they didn't have any experience at all when they started.

IMO its over for Edwards because I dont think that he can last much longer especially with the injury he had and you add to that his bowling action which puts allot of stress on his body.

WI would be much better giving a go to Jason Holder in the series against Pakistan and India.

War

Chairman of Selectors
WI would be much better giving a go to Jason Holder in the series against Pakistan and India.

Saw that Holder fellow in the under-19 WC lat year & although he has the typical nice height in fast bowler. He was bowling really slow, dont think he was even touching 80 mph, which ATS doesn't look promising for an international cricket birth yet to be fair.

Someone like Gavin Tonge would be a better shout, especially on a bouncy pitch.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Saw that Holder fellow in the under-19 WC lat year & although he has the typical nice height in fast bowler. He was bowling really slow, dont think he was even touching 80 mph, which ATS doesn't look promising for an international cricket birth yet to be fair.

Someone like Gavin Tonge would be a better shout, especially on a bouncy pitch.

Just a kid then still. He has been at the high performance center since then and played in last years WICB one day tournament. He finished with 5 wickets in 3 matches.
I haven't seen any clips of him since the U19 WC but he is the most promising WI young bowler and I see no reason for him not to be in the squad for the summer.

WI now have Russell and Pascal who might get in ahead of him and then there are Tonge and Baker who see to be left behind.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
I just don't see any of these guys playing.

as far as can be told the pecking order right now is

Roach
Sammy
Pascal
Russel

Taylor and edwards don't even have a central contracts anymore, it would be a stretch for them to get back into contention and knock the captain off the team. tonge was playing with russell and pascal in the A team matches and was ignored for those two.

they might select the line-up you suggested, and personally I would like it if they played 3 out and out quick guys, but it's a long shot imo. I'm not being down on the west indies just realistic looking at their past selection habits, which includes picking players like brendon bess and rampaul.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Just a kid then still. He has been at the high performance center since then and played in last years WICB one day tournament. He finished with 5 wickets in 3 matches.
I haven't seen any clips of him since the U19 WC but he is the most promising WI young bowler and I see no reason for him not to be in the squad for the summer.

WI now have Russell and Pascal who might get in ahead of him and then there are Tonge and Baker who see to be left behind.

No doubt he is talented. Just that id want to see his pace again, before we fully anoint him as one for the future.

Baker shouldn't be near the WI squad ever again. Totally crap.

----------

Roach
Sammy
Pascal
Russel

Taylor and edwards don't even have a central contracts anymore, it would be a stretch for them to get back into contention and knock the captain off the team. tonge was playing with russell and pascal in the A team matches and was ignored for those two.

they might select the line-up you suggested, and personally I would like it if they played 3 out and out quick guys, but it's a long shot imo. I'm not being down on the west indies just realistic looking at their past selection habits, which includes picking players like brendon bess and rampaul.

Am Gayle, Sarwan, DJ Bravo dont have current central contracts either. That doesn't mean the WI selectors are going to leave them out now. Once Taylor keeps fit he will be leading WI attack in 6 months time with Roach. Edwards is the big question however.

Dropping Sammy as skipper is 50/50 ATS. As i said Wi have a full home test/ODI/T20 series @ home to further test his captaincy. If he contiues to look inept like did in SRI, axing him as skipper is very possible before India arrive.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors

Roach
Sammy
Pascal
Russel

If he doesn't get injured then Taylor has a real chance of playing against India and Pakistan. If he is back then he would probably get the 2nd pace bowler spot, unless Russell and Pascal show something in the meantime.
It would looks something like this
Sammy
Roach
Benn
Taylor

Bess was a forced selection, something about Pascal collapsing and the WI no having any backup bowlers in the team. Since he was on the island already he was rushed to the stadium otherwise he would not have played a match for WI.
Rampaul is a ████ test bowler but is ok in ODIs.
Baker shouldn't be near the WI squad ever again. Totally crap.

He has been doing well in domestic cricket. I agree that his chances of making the team are small.

If he contiues to look inept like did in SRI, axing him as skipper is very possible before India arrive.
Who do you name captain? Nobody in the team is captain material and the only guy that is doesnt have a central contract and has been in horrible form for a year (Dwayne Bravo).

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
Am Gayle, Sarwan, DJ Bravo dont have current central contracts either. That doesn't mean the WI selectors are going to leave them out now.

gayle and bravo don't have central contract through their own choice though.

taylor and edwards simply weren't offered ones. I'm just reading what their board obviously thinks.

With sarwan they've clearly said they want him back to full fitness, they haven't said the same about the other two. if taylor is playing well then ok, I could see him getting picked, but he has to put himself up for selection first and he's a long way from being there yet.

I suppose with the captaincy issue you could say before sammy was picked no one seemed obvious. But then they could go for someone like rampaul. Nash would be a good option i think, but lets not pretend that's ever going to happen.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Yea Nash is the other option but Im not sure where that would stand. Sammy is a great asset in one day cricket but in tests he has struggled. Im not going to judge his captaincy based on one rained out series.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Yea Nash is the other option but Im not sure where that would stand. Sammy is a great asset in one day cricket but in tests he has struggled. Im not going to judge his captaincy based on one rained out series.

Well lets not try to be too overly diplomatic when speaking of Sammy as a test player. We all know very well the man is hopelessly below test standard & he has only become skipper due to confusion Gayle & co caused by not signing official contracts last season.

Fact is with all players fit, Sammy unbalances the Windies test side immensely.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Well lets not try to be too overly diplomatic when speaking of Sammy as a test player. We all know very well the man is hopelessly below test standard & he has only become skipper due to confusion Gayle & co caused by not signing official contracts last season.

Who else then to name as captain? Who is the other senior player you would have named as captain in that situation? Nash is the only one that could do it and nobody else. Fact is (and a sad fact) Sammy was the most senior player other then Nash that had some solid experience in international cricket. Over the past 2 years he has been the best WI player in ODI cricket and the WI selectors had no other options.

Fact is with all players fit, Sammy unbalances the Windies test side immensely.
He does unbalance the side but when in the last 2-3 years have the West Indies had all the players fit? Never.
You keep talking about a fully fit WI side but they haven't been fit for a long time and that is their biggest issue. That is why the WICB is finally doing something about it and picking some players that are serious cricketers away from international cricket.
They had no better options and they still dont have a better option unless they choose Nash which will never happen.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
This series will see the retirement of Rahul Dravid.

Sachin and Laxman will continue to play till the next Australia Series that is in January and if god forbid India loses the World Cup this year then Sachin might just play the next WC too :p

He would then be what is Jayasuria today :)

relentless_rock

Club Cricketer
I would like to see Pankaj Singh make into the team as 3rd seamer for this series in place of Ishant.

It will do Indian team a world of good to back pacemen immediately, after their good performances on Indian dodo tracks, than to leave them to rot for next couple of seasons.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
This series will see the retirement of Rahul Dravid.

Sachin and Laxman will continue to play till the next Australia Series that is in January and if god forbid India loses the World Cup this year then Sachin might just play the next WC too :p

He would then be what is Jayasuria today :)

If the Top 3 are to retire, they will retire in India. Tendulkar might quite ODI's immediately after the World Cup.
Dravid and Laxman will have one last hurrah against Australia and then quit in style in India.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Dravid and Laxman will have one last hurrah against Australia and then quit in style in India.
Dravid may retire, there is still some time left before Laxman retires, probably in the late 2012 or in the early 2013 (if life exists :p).

Users who are viewing this thread