It is here - finally - alpha 0.1 released!!!!

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer
Online Cricket Games Owned
This game has a solid bowling and batting mechanism. A lot of real life bowling combos and tricks can be replicated in this game. Nothing can be said about batting since it is so limited in this build. Physics of ball of the bat in case of mistimed shot seemed inappropriate for me. I cant find any outside edges even in the case of a mistimed shot to an outswinging ball. According to the controls of this build it is so easy to bowl the ball at the full speed and good control everytime. There is no risk in trying to bowl at a fuller speed. I hope bowling will be a little more difficult in the later builds. This game has waay better and realistic control than any other games out there. Kudos to LM and JK for achieving this.

Is there any way by manipulating the grip we can control the amount of swing rather than just having two buttons for ouswing and inswing?

First off, all you mentioned there is coming, but not yet implemented. Was pretty much next on my list after fixing all the bugs. If you do manage edges or mishits in this 0.1 build then it's pure luck and at the whim of the physics engine. I am going to 'engineer' it so that collision detection picks up proper edges and mishit zones - fair bit of work involved but going to be really awesome when done.

Sorry, couldn't download yesterday, just started! By looking at the screens posted by several users, it looks like a great game.:thumbs

@JK and/or LM
you both mentioned 'graphics overhaul', does it mean it can be playable on on 128 mb onboard graphics card and a Pentium 4 (my pc's specs)? My Pc can fully support Cricket 07 at 1024x768 with the highest graphic level.

Well, there's a ton of optimizing to be done and the whilst the graphics overhaul will be more intensive it should be offset by the optimizations...so I'd say it would probably end up similar to what it currently runs at but with way better graphics. It's hard to predict at this stage how you'll fare, but the graphics will be better than cricket 07, I can guarantee that.

I just loved how the batting is absolutely creative (we can do what ever we like)! I loved it, hats off to you!:thumbs The bowling, which i hated in previous games, is superb! Too addictive and interesting!

Thanks! Just wait til the batting is complete with all strokes, movement, ducking, padding up, etc etc

Forgot to mention the angle. The ball is bowled from around the stump and is same in case of pacer when the ball is bowled in the line of batsman's leg.

I know what you are saying. It's made more difficult by the fact that there's currently no footwork implemented, so you can't get to the pitch of the ball. This limits you to the most appropriate shot to play that will get closest to hitting the ball at that spot. I found for the zone you are talking about, try the on drive - works wonders for me ;) It's more difficult yes, but Either on drive or leg glance i've had some good success with for that mid-leg stump pitching area. Definitely possible, but not easy. It will certainly be much easier when the batsman movement is implemented as you can step across in line with the ball and get to the pitch nicely to play whatever stroke you like.

----------

I too tried and got that shot right!! Now getting hold of the Alpha well

That's what I like to see! :thumbs

At first it's kinda tricky but you really do become much better at it. It's so rewarding when you get the hang of it and can pull off some really cool stuff.

Abhas

Retired Administrator
The one ball I cannot play is a spinner bowling a flighted delivery, with the pointer just behind the stumps. No matter what I do, I fail 9/10 times. The batsman just cannot connect because the ball is too high for him when in the crouched position, and yet it is able to hit the stumps.

legend_master

The one ball I cannot play is a spinner bowling a flighted delivery, with the pointer just behind the stumps. No matter what I do, I fail 9/10 times. The batsman just cannot connect because the ball is too high for him when in the crouched position, and yet it is able to hit the stumps.

Try a straight drive cos it is a full toss right? I've been able to clobber them away fairly easily with the drive shots. Once lofted shots are in you would be able to smash those full tosses out of the park :lol

In the next release you'll also be able to take a small step backwards which might help too. Not to mention the back foot drives and blocks.

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors

this wont be the case once the batsman movement is implemented.....
then you can get to pitch of the ball and drive it to the covers or straight down the ground. ;)

btw, can you post a screenshot of that ??

legend_master

this wont be the case once the batsman movement is implemented.....
then you can get to pitch and drive it to the covers or straight down the ground. ;)

btw, can you post a screenshot of that ??

haha, good luck trying to take a screen capture at that moment while juggling the bowling and the batting haha :p

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Really awesome bat their Meet

shr_ram

Associate Cricketer
i tried bowling but cant try batting.when i start game, by default bowling starts.can anyone tell me how to get batting option

Users who are viewing this thread