Mar 2 - England v Ireland

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Yeah, it's what happened in the India game as well. They've got probably half a team that could bat aggressively in the first 15 overs, but who has a similar sense for the last 15?

At the moment, the top four for England are literally that; they would probably be the best 5, 6, 7 or 8 too. Now being almost 4/300 is not a bad thing at all and being top-heavy is way better than being pear-shaped, but it does highlight the issue. They miss Morgan, but if they do have him and he gets a golden duck, they are still faced with this problem. They need a couple more solutions for that situation.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Any chance of the Irish chasing this down ? If they try hard, this would be another thriller. The English bowling ain't that great and again we are playing the match on the same pitch on which India-England was played. So, you never know.

Kabooka

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Whats important is that how much runs do the English lads concede to the Irish as their earlier two games haven't really been the most of economical affairs. Given the point that the Irish have the added pressure of chasing, maybe the English will be better performers with the ball this time around. The English bowlers (just like the Indian ones) need to rise to the occasion & get their rhythm back or they might suffer in the later stages.

Sureshot

Executive member
Yeah, it's what happened in the India game as well. They've got probably half a team that could bat aggressively in the first 15 overs, but who has a similar sense for the last 15?

At the moment, the top four for England are literally that; they would probably be the best 5, 6, 7 or 8 too. Now being almost 4/300 is not a bad thing at all and being top-heavy is way better than being pear-shaped, but it does highlight the issue. They miss Morgan, but if they do have him and he gets a golden duck, they are still faced with this problem. They need a couple more solutions for that situation.

For starters I don't think we should really be looking at picking numbers 8 and below on their aggression, besides Swann is okay in that sense. If you look at 5,6 and 7, you've got Morgan, who will inevitably come back in, the keeper, who has a lot to prove in this tournament and potentially next summer and Collingwood. Collingwood in form is a dangerous prospect, but he could well be retiring after this tournament, Morgan will come in for him. Which effectively means that we're looking at the keeper and who ever plays 7.

Whilst I think Bresnan is a useful player down the order, I'm not sure 7 is ideal for him, maybe a position too high. We're really missing Flintoff in this instance, going forward we could look at Rashid, Trego, maybe Napier. There are options out there, I don't really consider Yardy as having much more of a position in the side, because Rashid has to be the future, his OD stats may not be great from a batting perspective but he's a good player.

If Samit Patel stop eating the pies then he could be a very good #7/2nd spinner.

offdriven4

Club Cricketer
Trego and napier would'nt really be viable options,they are both now the wrong side of 30 and too hit and miss as cricketers to flourish at an international level (see Luke wright),surely if england are looking for a 2nd spinner/#7 batsmen then why not rashid?

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
So what exactly are England's bowlers without a Graeme Swann ?? Your seeing it live ! 29 overs 6/141 so far , it can only get better for Swann .
And the batting lineup after Bell ?? I would definitely prefer Ireland / Holland's middle/lower orders for that !

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
With Graeme Swann its ████ without him it's a heap of ████

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Biggest of the lot, take a bow man. Loving this onslaught.

----------

Man, Yardy just keeps darting the ball in. He is going to get smacked that way. They are getting close. The run rate is under control and if they keep going, England are in trouble.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Just bet 50 quid on Ireland here. Win a cool ?450 if they pull it off, COME ON IRELAND!

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
I think KO Brien should now play sensibly!! He is going after every delivery. Thats not needed.

Play sensibly :)

Kabooka

International Cricketer
What an amazing PP :eek: Just what I was worried about, English bowlers are leaking runs like my old car used to leak engine fluid.

KO is making Doeschate look like a snail.

mohit_dude10

Club Captain
Kevin playing a gem of an innings here and good to see that Cusack at other end is playing quite sensibly.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Also he has scored 80 runs in 21 deliveries leaving 19 dot balls in his so far inning

----------

Make it 86 of 22 which means 390.90909090909090909090909090909 his strike rate!! Awesome

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Just bet 50 quid on Ireland here. Win a cool ?450 if they pull it off, COME ON IRELAND!
What better you can get! Read your posts in RT thread, you got it right like three times last 3 days?

My, what an innings! What tremendous hitting.

Users who are viewing this thread